What's new

No one can dare divide Sindh, Kamal tells people of Larkana

Quota was necessary.. I agree, but in the first 25-30 years..

In Sindh, jobs are given on "parchis". It is more damaging than quota system.

If you ever get a chance, just visit any interior Sindh's constituency in the first month of elections where people gather in the "autaq" of the elected wadera who writes "parchis" on his letterhead..

What merit? Are you telling me Indian muslims who cannot get more then 2% of government jobs is because of merit or systematic discrimination? Meanwhile despite quota urdu speakers are over represented in Pakistan government jobs. And not to forget private sector jobs which doesn't have quota. Sindhi couldn't compete because urdu which is native language of muhajirs was declared official language of Pakistan. And the fact that majority sindhi muslims lived in rural areas unlike sindhi hindus who lived in cities. It will take many more years before there is any parity.

If rest of the 60% from Urban are scoring high in the tests than the 60% from rural, they will not be selected.

This is called quota system. Its opposite is meritocracy when the people are selected based on their ability, not the area where they were born.
There is nothing wrong with it. If government wants to hire 1000 people it can easily hire highly competent 1000 people from only one province. Job ka liye aapki degree check krtay hain interview and tests and for army police etc physical tests and medical and Jo sab tests pass krtay hain select hojatay hain.
Instead of urban rural yeh qouta district wise kardain.

What merit? Are you telling me Indian muslims who cannot get more then 2% of government jobs is because of merit or systematic discrimination? Meanwhile despite quota urdu speakers are over represented in Pakistan government jobs. And not to forget private sector jobs which doesn't have quota. Sindhi couldn't compete because urdu which is native language of muhajirs was declared official language of Pakistan. And the fact that majority lived in rural areas unlike sindhi hindus who lived in cities.

The only reason Sindhis are backward is because it is their own fault. PPP is their party, that is ruling Sindh for decades now and what results it has produced for Sindh and their ethnic people..

Pakistanis are really stupid. They want to bring a thriving , productive community down so that useless and incompetent people won't feel bad.

@PakSword

There is nothing wrong with it. If government wants to hire 1000 people it can easily hire highly competent 1000 people from only one province. Job ka liye aapki degree check krtay hain interview and tests and for army police etc physical tests and medical and Jo sab tests pass krtay hain select hojatay hain.
Instead of urban rural yeh qouta district wise kardain.
Merey khayal main meri aur aap ki wavelengths different hain.. Lets stop discussion of this topic here and start discussing something else..

ZAB killed PakEconomy and then came NooraEconomicTerrorism...

The solutions cann't be same as problems... we need to build PakState from ground up... this Marasism is keeping 220mln Paks as its hostage... keeping everyone Divided and Ruled.

This thread is a proof of this FACT.

Unless we follow PakPositiveNationalism we shall be Divided and Ruled.

When will Paks wake up and see how everyone is screwed...without the courteousy of.....

Sab Pakistani aik doosray ki khoob baja rahay haen. Unfortunately. I think that many posters express themselves, without going through the process of a comprehensive and proper thinking, on the subject matter and issue at hand.

The percentage of Urdu-speaking people in the civil service declined while the percentage of Pashtuns in it increased. In the presidential election of 1965, the Muslim League split in two factions: the Muslim League (Fatima Jinnah) supported Fatima Jinnah, the younger sister of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, while the Convention Muslim League supported General Ayub Khan. The Urdu-speaking people had supported the Muslim League before the independence of Pakistan in 1947 and now supported the Muslim League of Fatima Jinnah. The electoral fraud of the 1965 presidential election and a post-election triumphal march by Gohar Ayub Khan,

Say, "O Allah, Owner of Sovereignty, You give sovereignty to whom You will and You take sovereignty away from whom You will. You honor whom You will and You humble whom You will.

Surah Al Imran: 26

Say, "O Allah, Owner of Sovereignty, You give sovereignty to whom You will and You take sovereignty away from whom You will. You honor whom You will and You humble whom You will.

Surah Al Imran: 26

5:54) Believers! If any of you should ever turn away from your faith, remember that Allah will raise up a people whom He loves, and who love Him; a people humble towards the believers, and firm towards the unbelievers;7 who will strive hard in the way of Allah and will not fear the reproach of the reproacher.8 This is the favour of Allah which He grants to whom He wills. Allah is vast in resources, All-Knowing.

What merit? Are you telling me Indian muslims who cannot get more then 2% of government jobs is because of merit or systematic discrimination? Meanwhile despite quota urdu speakers are over represented in Pakistan government jobs. And not to forget private sector jobs which doesn't have quota. Sindhi couldn't compete because urdu which is native language of muhajirs was declared official language of Pakistan. And the fact that majority lived in rural areas unlike sindhi hindus who lived in cities.
None of the mohajirs spoke Urdu. 99% of them were speaking their own languages, but then they left their languages for Pakistan, because Quid e Azam adopted Urdu as state language of Pakistan.
Now Kabira tell me, did your forefathers also left their languages? Seems like not. And are you objecting to the decision of Quid e Azam?
Btw, the Sindhis you are morning, why don't you make a Sindhi chief of army staff? And tell me if urdu speakers were bad, then after Bhutto Targeted urdu speakers in his time, why couldn't Pakistan has far regained its economic strength as it was in 70 before Bhutto?
PSA k karkun Bakwas kersaktay hain, kam nai.
I can say much much more, but purani baton ko dohrany se koi faida nai. And the Sindhis you are mourning, were given every chance, as others. Just watch old ptv Karachi center dramas and you will know. Now when everything is in Sindhis hands, why they are not doing miracles now? Sirf Urdu speakers se chenna tha sab? But when they were supported unfairly, then what happened what we saw in Sindh.
@Mangus Ortus Novem @Areesh

None of the mohajirs spoke Urdu. 99% of them were speaking their own languages, but then they left their languages for Pakistan, because Quid e Azam adopted Urdu as state language of Pakistan.
Now Kabira tell me, did your forefathers also left their languages? Seems like not. And are you objecting to the decision of Quid e Azam?
Btw, the Sindhis you are morning, why don't you make a Sindhi chief of army staff? And tell me if urdu speakers were bad, then after Bhutto Targeted urdu speakers in his time, why couldn't Pakistan has far regained its economic strength as it was in 70 before Bhutto?
PSA k karkun Bakwas kersaktay hain, kam nai.
I can say much much more, but purani baton ko dohrany se koi faida nai. And the Sindhis you are mourning, were given every chance, as others. Just watch old ptv Karachi center dramas and you will know. Now when everything is in Sindhis hands, why they are not doing miracles now? Sirf Urdu speakers se chenna tha sab? But when they were supported unfairly, then what happened what we saw in Sindh.
@Mangus Ortus Novem @Areesh

Logic of sons of soil:-

Instead of uplifting poor and incompetent people , lets bring down thriving and productive people so useless people won't feel bad about themselves.

ZAB killed PakEconomy and then came NooraEconomicTerrorism...

The solutions cann't be same as problems... we need to build PakState from ground up... this Marasism is keeping 220mln Paks as its hostage... keeping everyone Divided and Ruled.

This thread is a proof of this FACT.

Unless we follow PakPositiveNationalism we shall be Divided and Ruled.

When will Paks wake up and see how everyone is screwed...without the courteousy of.....

agaye pti ke goebbels

Logic of sons of soil:-

Instead of uplifting poor and incompetent people , lets bring down thriving and productive people so useless people won't feel bad about themselves.

your amusement value is going down.

friendly reminder

7cebfb138ba7545363d427471779b18a.jpg

What merit? Are you telling me Indian muslims who cannot get more then 2% of government jobs is because of merit or systematic discrimination? Meanwhile despite quota urdu speakers are over represented in Pakistan government jobs. And not to forget private sector jobs which doesn't have quota. Sindhi couldn't compete because urdu which is native language of muhajirs was declared official language of Pakistan. And the fact that majority sindhi muslims lived in rural areas unlike sindhi hindus who lived in cities. It will take many more years before there is any parity.

Sindhis couldn't compete because waderas didn't allow them to learn any other language than Sindhi, and didn't allow them access to good education.

You will not find Sindhis in multinational companies and outside of Pakistan because they lack essentials skills which are required to compete in a highly competitive environment.

And as I said, quota system was good in the first 2-3 decades. That was enough time to bring parity.. If we couldn't bring parity in 7 decades, we will not be able to bring any parity ever.

The best thing to do when quota system was first introduced, was to send people back to interior after getting qualifications on quota, that would have resulted in social uplifting of the entire villages/ towns.. but this didn't happen and the result is in front of us.

Bhai, you don't know what game waderas have played in Sindh.. you will see two extremes, 1) the ruling elite, their children are attending cambridge system, 2) qualified from a shitty board by cheating..

I'm sure non-punjabi indians migrated to Pakistani Punjab at the time of independence as well. Yet there isn't a conscious division among the people between those that migrated and those that are from here. I've never talked to a Sindhi before so i do not know what type of people they are, but this " tu tu me me " should end. Those that wish less for Pakistan and more for their own province/city over others are anti-nationalists and a weakness for our country be they Pashtuns,Punjabis, Baloch,Sindhi, Muhajirs, Kashmiris etc
At the end of the day,our provinces depend on one another to function as a country, if we were on our own, things could be a lot more worse.

Back
Top Bottom