What's new

No one can dare divide Sindh, Kamal tells people of Larkana

And do you support that? This supra state concepts are unacceptable. State made mistakes then and is making today. Hint: hamara bacha. Now the point is two wrongs do not make it right. What happened is history, how do we take Pakistan in future is to be decided today and it seems everyone is busy working for their own agendas based on ethnicity, language, provinces, cities etc. I don't see Pakistani nationalism

Prior to assassination of BB , NO ! But after that , I could understand why they had done it because I was faced with a life-threatening situation because of my background.
MQM was born because of discrimination. I couldn't relate to them because I personally never felt it and was naive. This all changed after 2007.

The only way to move forward is for state to become powerful and squash all racial and ethno-fascist parties. If you spare one and go after other, problems will arise. As long as Sindhi nationalists will exist , Altaf type people will keeping popping up.

I could never understand why can't these people just learn Sindhi language and speak Sindhi language fluently and call themselves Sindhi/Sons of soil rather than Muhajir/urdu speaking etc? I mean these people aren't living in refugee camps. Why do these people have to carve out their own identity? And on top of that why do these people have to hate Sindhis when they themselves are living in Sindh?

Very strange people..............

Urdu is the national language and we all communicate in it whenever we talk to people with different first language.

I was born and raised in Karachi and I do not speak Sindhi. My Hindko is average and Pashto sucks. Sister in law is Memon and brother in law is a Sindhi. There is no way I can learn all these languages. There is no way my Bhabhi/Behnoi can learn all other languages just to communicate within family let alone outside. Hence the reason we need one national language and in this case Urdu is working perfectly fine.

I think it should not be a voluntary process but rather an imposed compulsory process to make them learn Sindhi language so that their indian-ness can be eradicated and they start feeling that there is "no way" they can survive in Sindh without becoming "Sindhi", and all the lucknow type BS goes away from Pakistan once and for all.
It is implemented in Sindh. I learned it in school and can speak it with great command. It does not matter if you learn Sindhi or not because according to G M Syed and his supporters, you can never be sindhi. You will always be looked down as outsider. Have personally experienced it.

Sindhi sirf angraizon kay najaiz qabzay ki waja say Bombay presidency ka hissa banay, otherwise before 1846 Sindh was an independent kingdom and had nothing to do with any bombay shombay BS.

Jis ki lathi us ki bhaans.

A very divisive thread.

@AZ1 sahab started his typical rona dhona on my Mehwish Hayat and toilet thread. Tried to derail it. So, I started this thread just so that he can vent it out. Tagged him, bhai aaya, dekha, chala gaya. Ghantay baad wapis aaya, aik comment maara aur market say ghayab :D
And here we are on 11th page still arguing.
But yeah, I shouldn't have started this thread :(

Urdu is the national language and we all communicate in it whenever we talk to people with different first language.

I was born and raised in Karachi and I do not speak Sindhi. My Hindko is average and Pashto sucks. Sister in law is Memon and brother in law is a Sindhi. There is no way I can learn all these languages. There is no way my Bhabhi/Behnoi can learn all other languages just to communicate within family let alone outside. Hence the reason we need one national language and in this case Urdu is working perfectly fine.

That was not my point. Pakistanis can understand and speak Urdu perfectly unless someone is from far flung areas of Balochistan.

@AZ1 sahab started his typical rona dhona on my Mehwish Hayat and toilet thread. Tried to derail it. So, I started this thread just so that he can vent it out. Tagged him, bhai aaya, dekha, chala gaya. Ghantay baad wapis aaya, aik comment maara aur market say ghayab :D
And here we are on 11th page still arguing.
But yeah, I shouldn't have started this thread :(

Not a bad idea, though. Since, it displays, what is in the minds of different people, which enhances our understanding of the current sociopolitical state of our country.

That was not my point. Pakistanis can understand and speak Urdu perfectly unless someone is from far flung areas of Balochistan.

They have their own language whiich is also national language.
They don't need any other language just to prove themselves to be something.
Just like I don't have to learn any other regional language.

will they ever hire in their own business based on quota, or will they hire on merit, the best candidates so that their businesses flourish??
Qoutas are for giving equal representation to every Part of the country and province. Only those people are selected who pass all tests. Why you think if Sindh government hires 40 percent people from urban and 60 percent from rural Sindh they'll be incompetent?

Some people just like to "trivialize" the situation like @Valar. , his personal family situation doesn't even involve 0.01% of the population of Karachi, we know that 99.99% people there need to be "de-indianised".

sang Altaf Hussain songs for 20 years and once Altaf got mad at him and removed him from mayorship then he turned against Altaf and now he is Akhund Sind supporter.

Qoutas are for giving equal representation to every Part of the country and province. Only those people are selected who pass all tests. Why you think if Sindh government hires 40 percent people from urban and 60 percent from rural Sindh they'll be incompetent?
If rest of the 60% from Urban are scoring high in the tests than the 60% from rural, they will not be selected.

This is called quota system. Its opposite is meritocracy when the people are selected based on their ability, not the area where they were born.

Some people just like to "trivialize" the situation like @Valar. , his personal family situation doesn't even involve 0.01% of the population of Karachi, we know that 99.99% people there need to be "de-indianised".

Funny ,

Sons of soil , losers in every regard in the 70+ years history of Pakistan but wants to deflect blame on 7.6% of Pakistans population because they speak national language.

But what else can I expect from the sons of soil who didn't even spare Fatima Jinnah,

The percentage of Urdu-speaking people in the civil service declined while the percentage of Pashtuns in it increased. In the presidential election of 1965, the Muslim League split in two factions: the Muslim League (Fatima Jinnah) supported Fatima Jinnah, the younger sister of Muhammad Ali Jinnah, while the Convention Muslim League supported General Ayub Khan. The Urdu-speaking people had supported the Muslim League before the independence of Pakistan in 1947 and now supported the Muslim League of Fatima Jinnah. The electoral fraud of the 1965 presidential election and a post-election triumphal march by Gohar Ayub Khan, the son of General Ayub Khan, set off ethnic
clashes between Pashtuns and Urdu-speaking people in Karachi on 4 January 1965.

@PakSword

Back
Top Bottom