What's new

No one can dare divide Sindh, Kamal tells people of Larkana

PPP is not an ethnic party... not to the core at least. They played this card, indeed, in the past but in general and to be specific lately they were involved in bigger national politics. As far as likes of Altaf are concerned, last time we had to send people down there to clean the mess and you know very well how it went for so called likes of warrior altaf.

PPP is at core a sindhi nationalist party. Winning seats in other areas of Pakistan is a bonus for them. They will always win in Sindh because it is a sindhi party and plays the sindhi race card every time.

As far as Altaf is concerned, he lost most of his supporters when he became full blown traitor. I was his supporter until it became evidently clear that he was anti-Pakistan.

If Altaf was innocent and a major injustice/discrimination had been committed against us , then we would have definitely fought. You should read some history, Altaf was very strong in the past when he had support of muhajirs. He took revenge from Sindhis and Pashtoons in late 1980s and 1990s. People involved in operation against MQM were eliminated one by one. MQM was a very powerful party , especially at grass roots level. The tide turned when he talked about breaking Pakistan and as such.

Lets agree to disagree on the first point.

On second point, I am with you and to be honest, I would like all Muhajirs to learn Sindhi and speak it but I am sorry to say we would still be considered as fake sindhi at minimum. If my ancestors had migrated to Punjab instead of Sindh and If I would have spoken punjabi , I am pretty I would have never felt different.

There were two turning points in my life that made me reflect upon my believes regarding Altaf and MQM and my Background in general . I used to hate him prior to 2007 for his anti-sindhi remarks but then I became his supporter and later dropped him after he became a full blown traitor. Two life changing events.

1. Assassination of Benazir Bhutto. In the aftermath of BB killing , a huge mob of sindhi speaking people came near our colony and started chanting slogans , " Lets kill all Makars( Muhajirs)" , " Lets kill all these parasites" . Makar is slur used against muhajirs. Those guys killed one security guard and injured another one. After that , they looted and burned a petrol pump near our colony. Those slogans really made me frightened. I mean , I believed we all were equal and same so why such slogans ???

2. In my university , there was a huge concentration of Sindhis , especially from inner sindh. Since I could converse in Sindhi , I started talking to them and they all harbored anti-Muhajir sentiment. Photos of G M Syed were posted in canteen shops and lecture halls. You tell me , how can someone with my background can feel secure when people revere and respect a guy who said " Muhajirs last refuge will be Arabian Sea"

After that , other events like Quota system , disproportionate recruitments of Sindhi speakers in Sindh Government and etc were also a cause of concern but I never really considered them as major factors for my apprehension as I always thought that Sindhis are my brothers and even if they are in the majority in Sindh government , they will not harm us.

But that sentiment quickly changed when I started learning about my background. I researched and read history books , watched speeches of nationalist sindhi leaders. Read about the history of MQM and why it came into existence , History of G M Syed and his influence and etc

I don't expect you to relate to me because after all it would be disingenuous on my part to assume someone would understand and relate me when they themselves hadn't been through same situations and experiences. I wished we had been a one true nation.
I can understand,Govt has for long time left ethno/lingo fascists unchecked.I have seen that period myself.
Just think that,with all this street crowed no Nationalist Govt has made into Sindh Assembly.Altaf was having his time during Mush,instead of changing himself like a politican he remained a street thug,for which he is paying.
Quota system is just curse,i have seen it myself.
Dividing Sindh won't solve any issues of Karachi for sure,Karachi should be under Federal Control.

PPP is at core a sindhi nationalist party. Winning seats in other areas of Pakistan is a bonus for them. They will always win in Sindh because it is a sindhi party and plays the sindhi race card every time.
You don't go out of Karachi,may i tell you that the amount they loot about 1/4th of it is spent in next election for seats.Centre is too lax on them.They control Sindh using Money and Threats.

I am Punjabi and proud one, but in punjab we don't look down on people who can't speak Punjabi, Urdu is widely spoken and no one cares. If in sindh, some are intolerant to other lingual groups or are bigot; it's not a fault of urdu speakers. If they would be speaking French to sindhis then i can understand their objection but Urdu! it's our national language.
Some groups in Pakistan are overly concerned about others with reapect to them.Urdu and Punjabi go hand in gloves.

People involved in operation against MQM were eliminated one by one.

And do you support that? This supra state concepts are unacceptable. State made mistakes then and is making today. Hint: hamara bacha. Now the point is two wrongs do not make it right. What happened is history, how do we take Pakistan in future is to be decided today and it seems everyone is busy working for their own agendas based on ethnicity, language, provinces, cities etc. I don't see Pakistani nationalism

Honestly I believe quota is necessary. Like once upon a time 80% of army was from punjab while population 55-60%.

Im not sure how quota system is in Sindh but some jobs shouldnt have quota. It will be stupid to hire incompetent doctor over qualified one based on area. But for rest of jobs its not that big of a deal. Plus there is already merit based quota anyway.
Quota was necessary.. I agree, but in the first 25-30 years..

In Sindh, jobs are given on "parchis". It is more damaging than quota system.

If you ever get a chance, just visit any interior Sindh's constituency in the first month of elections where people gather in the "autaq" of the elected wadera who writes "parchis" on his letterhead..

Kaam to PM se bhi nahi chal raha. koshish to kar raha ha na larka pori. over time lagata hai ghar jakar khuaab ki tabeer sochta hai.

aap bhi try karo mushfiq ko manane ki
Nahi bahi jesey yeah kam chala raha hai is tai tou acha mai khud kar lou par masla hai mai handsome nahi aur us sai bara kai mere pass ko khowab ke tabeer bataney wala nahi.

Sindh was much bigger. It should expand its territory back to historical borders instead people want to further divide it.

Such regressive attitude is deplorable

Nahi bahi jesey yeah kam chala raha hai is tai tou acha mai khud kar lou par masla hai mai handsome nahi aur us sai bara kai mere pass ko khowab ke tabeer bataney wala nahi.

aap english beauty cream se baghawat karlen. non handsome quota demand karen. tax cuts len for not being married to peerni. me apke shana bashana khara rahonga.

iske badle apko mera ek kaam karna hoga

Karachi was geographically always part of Baluchistan not Sindh.
aslo it needs to be admitted, settling one group of people in the then capital 'Karachi' was also bad planning.

I am not a Sindhi. I am a Punjabi. I have many friends here who are from Urdu speaking background and can speak Punjabi fluently. But the issue is that these people still haven't integrated. In my opinion, learning Sindhi language can greatly reduce ethnic tensions in Sindh/Karachi for these people. Government should take steps to reduce this divide between Sindhis and Muhajirs etc.

I think it should not be a voluntary process but rather an imposed compulsory process to make them learn Sindhi language so that their indian-ness can be eradicated and they start feeling that there is "no way" they can survive in Sindh without becoming "Sindhi", and all the lucknow type BS goes away from Pakistan once and for all.

aap english beauty cream se baghawat karlen. non handsome quota demand karen. tax cuts len for not being married to peerni. me apke shana bashana khara rahonga.

iske badle apko mera ek kaam karna hoga
Bahi mai peerni kai chakar mai nahi ana chahta,awam pehley quotey hai khilaf hai aur Tax cut,na kar fanboys pehley he sarey masail ke jar Garheeb awam kai tax na deney keh rahey hain,agar hakoomat nakam hoi tou inhou nai keh dena hai Sine kai tax na dene ke wajha sai yeah sub hova hai8-)
Kam dhanda aj kal band hai bus handsome dekho.

I think it should not be a voluntary process but rather an imposed compulsory process to make them learn Sindhi language so that their indian-ness can be eradicated and they start feeling that there is "no way" they can survive in Sindh without becoming "Sindhi", and all the lucknow type BS goes away from Pakistan once and for all.
Why one group has to behave like insecure kunts?
Sindhi isn't a langauge sent by almighty.Let them speak whatever they want.

Bahi mai peerni kai chakar mai nahi ana chahta,awam pehley quotey hai khilaf hai aur Tax cut,na kar fanboys pehley he sarey masail ke jar Garheeb awam kai tax na deney keh rahey hain,agar hakoomat nakam hoi tou inhou nai keh dena hai Sine kai tax na dene ke wajha sai yeah sub hova hai8-)
Kam dhanda aj kal band hai bus handsome dekho.

Kiya aap ye kehna chah rahe hai kay apko Jai Imran Jai bolne per majboor kiya jaraha hai?

kiya apke bunyaadi huqooq aur apki tazheeq ki jarahi hai hukoomati hathkando se?

kiya aap ek behtar Pakistan dekhna chahte hain?

to phir PM Portal se forun apni Sab Handsome Hai ringtone download karen aur imf ko faida pohchayen

Kiya aap ye kehna chah rahe hai kay apko Jai Imran Jai bolne per majboor kiya jaraha hai?

kiya apke bunyaadi huqooq aur apki tazheeq ki jarahi hai hukoomati hathkando se?

kiya aap ek behtar Pakistan dekhna chahte hain?

to phir PM Portal se forun apni Sab Handsome Hai ringtone download karen aur imf ko faida pohchayen
Aur tax bhe ada karein is par.

LOL at this hypocracy.............wasn't he the top leader of the party in Karachi that wanted Karachi to be a separate province?

No one can dare divide Sindh, Kamal tells people of Larkana
M.B. KalhoroUpdated January 25, 2020
Facebook Count
Twitter Share

LARKANA: Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP) chairman Syed Mustafa Kamal has strongly opposed a division of Sindh and pledged that his party will always resist every such move tooth and nail.

He was addressing his party’s maiden public meeting at Jinnahbagh gate here on Friday.

Expressing his happiness over the good strength of participants in the PSP show, he remarked: “my dream has come true [to see such a large number of people attending it]”.

Clearly referring to the demand and moves by Muttahida Qaumi Movement-Pakistan (MQM-P) for creating more administrative units within Sindh, Mr Kamal said those talking about Sindh’s division were actually hushing up their corruption, crime and failures.

Without naming any person or entity, he said that time and again ‘Sindh card’ and ‘Mohajir card’ had been used by those who wanted and tried to hide their failures. “All those were telling lies only to exploit emotions of innocent Sindhis,” he said. He called Sindhis Ansar for they had welcomed Mohajirs with open arms in the days of Partition. He said Mohajirs did not want Sindh to be divided.

PSP holds its maiden power show in PPP stronghold

He repeated his earlier statement that “no one can dare to detach even a single street of Karachi from Sindh”, and recalled that he had uttered this at a public meeting in Latifabad (Hyderabad).

Mr Kamal criticised Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI)-led federal government saying that it very frequently talked about Riasat-i-Madina but in its rule people were dying in Thar due to water scarcity and media reports suggested over 3,000 children having been bitten by stray dogs amidst unavailability of the anti-rabies vaccine at government health facilities.

Poor children were dying of extensive cold and poverty-hit people were committing suicide, he added. He said the rulers should stop hoodwinking people in the name of Riasat-i-Madina.

Turing to the Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) government in Sindh, he alleged that it was also deceiving and cheating the masses with unfounded and false promises.

He noted that people had been running from pillar to post for their daily bread while rulers had been looting the country for many years in the name of democracy.

Addressing the people of Larkana, the PSP chief said “you extend your support to me, and I will bring government to your doorsteps”.

He told them not to support him in the name of ‘Roti, Kapra aur Makan’ or ‘Vote ko izzat dau’ or ‘change’, but for his commitment that he would make them master of their own state.

He pledged that the PSP would amend Article 148 of the Constitution, and criticised the Sindh chief minister for making his own interpretation of this article.

He said rulers had always been tight-lipped about electoral reforms. “We have to strive for an improvement in the election commission,” he added.

He also spoke in Sindhi and gave word to improve his performance in delivering his speech in Sindhi next time.

Anis Qaimkhani, Shabbir Qaimkhani, Ashfaque Mangi and others also addressed the gathering, which was attended by Arshad Vohra, Syed Hafeezuddin and other PSP leaders.

Published in Dawn, January 25th, 2020

https://www.dawn.com/news/1530313/no-one-can-dare-divide-sindh-kamal-tells-people-of-larkana

Indeed! Learning Sindhi language fluently should be made compulsory along with calling themselves as Sindhis rather than Muhajirs. This way the divide between Sindhis and Muhajirs can be greatly reduced and they both can live together in peace. Win win situation for both groups.

Back
Top Bottom