What's new

No military in the world can match up to Pakistan Army: Gen Raheel

This is actually quite a moot point. In war, it's never about who I can defeat and who I can't. In war, it's about I have to kill you in order for me to survive, and that does only one thing, I don't really care who you are and how strong is your army, or how technological advance you got, my job is to kill you, and you know what, that's the exactly the same things going on in your mind too.

People who don't know that should not ever command troop in combat. And hence this is all a moot point.

It wasn't just the ISAF, most of NATO's troops were deployed in training or advisement.

Combine that with the various intelligent agencies, each with their own objectives, and policy makers thousands of miles away who couldn't and wouldn't listen to 'boots on the ground'.

Everyone deployed had different objectives, missions, and long term policies. It's amazing anything could be done or is done.

Actually NATO forces achieved all their military objectives in Afghanistan and Iraq so much so that coward Mullah Omar ran away on a motorbike during the first few days of NATO invasion.

Their cadres were wiped out by Airstrikes,SF raids and rest of them flee to Pak wearing Burqa.

Later reinforcement of troops virtually occupied two countries Iraq and Afghanistan for almost 10 years.

Soviets did the same thing in Afghanistan, they were more brutal than US and gave 2 fuks about Human rights.They achieved all their military objectives.

However, NATO is not obliged to maintain political stability in these countries, this responsibility rests with the native population.

Just regular moral boosting speech especially when a country gets violated by the U.S as Pakistan has been. Time for a befitting reply! After all walking the talk is the only way to prove what you claim.

ISAF is an advisory group, and only certain member nations have been involved in a combat role, hence why we haven't seen a large-scale assault on the Taliban since the early 2000s.

My homeland, Norway, contributed only 4 F-16s (out of 52 total) and roughly 150 special forces. Our deployable combat force (units not part of the Home Guard) numbers 25,000. The F-16s were removed from theater years ago and no replacement forces sent in their place. Some special forces did take part in combat as part of Task Force K-Bar, but most were part of the Police Advisory Team training Afghan Special Forces and Special Police around Mazar E Sharif.

tkafgL7C3154.jpg

fmin220412rongved%204.jpg

IMG_4872.jpg

A group was also retained for Force Protection
tkafgL7C1367.jpg

tkafgL7C0698.jpg

Norwegian forces were not mandated to attack the Taliban or other militant groups unless attacked. They are in Afghanistan to advise, not fight.

Other nations like the United States did and continue to fight, but their role is more limited today as they've drawn down their mission and moved to a largely advisory role as well. But don't think for a second that NATO brought its full force to bear in its contributions to ISAF (among other nations who offered help). We sent a token detachment.

Given the progress of the Afghan military and police, I'd say ISAF has done a proper job. They can stand on their own now. But your conception of ISAF is skewed.

Can you please remind us again who took out the USSR? Here's a hint, it certainly wasn't the NATO alliance.

Can you please remind us again who took out the USSR? Here's a hint, it certainly wasn't the NATO alliance.

I'd be happy to remind you:angel:. It was f*ck poor economics, an overstretched military and a population that was tired of the same old crap.

o-RUSSIA-BREAD-LINE-facebook.jpg

The Soviet Union took itself out. Its demise was only hastened by outside influences, mainly the US stretching them thin as they competed for influence and dominance.

Whoever you want me to be, Armstrong:P.

I'm the one who gets pissy, leaves, returns with a new account a few months later, then gets pissy and leaves again:D.

Unfortunately, I wont be spending too much time here. I'm just dropping by while on vacation:(.

I need another clue ! :o:

Are you the one who barfs every now and then ? :whistle:

I'd be happy to remind you:angel:. It was f*ck poor economics, an overstretched military and a population that was tired of the same old crap.

o-RUSSIA-BREAD-LINE-facebook.jpg

The Soviet Union took itself out. Its demise was only hastened by outside influences, mainly the US stretching them thin as they competed for influence and dominance.

It was a mistake, at that point in time we should have sided with the USSR, if we had today we would've had another strong ally and a brotherly state like China, instead we sided with your ungratefulness and hypocrisy :)

It was a mistake, at that point in time we should have sided with the USSR, if we had today we would've had another strong ally and a brotherly state like China, instead we sided with your ungratefulness and hypocrisy :)
Who you sided with is immaterial. You were used as a tool that is it. Also, since China and USSR had a conflict going on, I can't imagine how you could have sided with both. Don't be under the delusion that your military in anyway could have withstood USSR military. They could have (and still can, if you consider Russia) steam rolled you to the ground, scrapped you up and they again steam rolled you to the the ground.

This episode reminds me of musharaf claiming pakistan to be superior in space technology than india after re-positioning and renaming a defective satellite...

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom