What's new

No J-10B for PAF | A.C Khalid, calls for a focus on 5th generation platform instead.

Ramp up your economy,everything else will fall in place.

Didn't we discuss already this topic, why repeat?

If the past is anything to go by, Pakistan generally gets most of the Chinese rejects(There may well be a few notable exceptions). Since China is probably going to field J-10B's as a frontline fighter, by the earlier mentioned 'rule' Pakistan shall obviously never get it. Same for J-20 and J-31.

Yesterday's message
Dont derail threads or you will be thread banned/neg rated...possibly banned.

@WebMaster @Aeronaut @Oscar, see another illiterate uneducated Indians did same things to derail our good thread even with your warnings. It would be wise decision to block all Indians to any specific thread.

Last edited:
Congrats...................but only talk or deal gonna sign within 1-2 years?

To Aeronaut
We will keep buying F-16s .

i am really surprised that the pakistanis including you are banging the f16 drum.

i think alot of you are forgetting the way the usa has treated pakistan since twin towers

this is a country that threatened to bomb you into stone age
put sanctions on you after 99
numerous times threaned to embargo spares
now provides india with cutting edge weapons
will certainly look to cutail any f16 use in a war for no reason other than to reduce tensions.

90% pf pdf posters recently wanted f16 ditched due to to the potential issues.

are you people 100% sure usa wont stab in you in the back during the next conflict.

its big risk

Ok, enough waking up call for bad posts. I heard a rumor. If truth then block 3 will come near F16 block UAE. It will have comparable radar (slightly smaller), IRST and the TFT screens will be upgraded. That means it will get somewhere in the same class as Gripen E. If truth (which is not that impossible) then we will have a decent fighter that is better workhorse then most airforces have at the moment (or the next 5 years).

The older two squadrons are now being upgraded. So in June/July/August we will hopefully see new pictures.

PAF is seriously looking at the Jordanians for some more Block15's. For the Jordanians old but for us the same plane we have and perfect to put through MLU.

J10B is not fully off the deck... It is related to Indian deal we all know. If Rafale then within certain time frame J10(P). If t>3 years then J31 order depending how PAKFA goes. The extra imput of a new plane that provides little more then block 3 is indeed questionable. However PAF did join the J10B team some years ago. Since J31 is touted as steatlh fighter for PAF it does indeed make sense. If however something happens in between we can get them a la J6 in the past. I do not think that it will happen (IMF).

I could not get exact info but this does fit in the strategy... Do not start wars over these words or exact data. I have no clue as usual.

Last edited:
Ok, enough waking up call for bad posts. I heard a rumor. If truth then block 3 will come near F16 block UAE. It will have comparable radar (slightly smaller), IRST and the TFT screens will be upgraded. That means it will get somewhere in the same class as Gripen E. If truth (which is not that impossible) then we will have a decent fighter that is better workhorse then most airforces have at the moment (or the next 5 years).

The older two squadrons are now being upgraded. So in June/July/August we will hopefully see new pictures.

Hush my man. You gon' give a few members some panic attacks.

To Aeronaut

i am really surprised that the pakistanis including you are banging the f16 drum.

i think alot of you are forgetting the way the usa has treated pakistan since twin towers

this is a country that threatened to bomb you into stone age
put sanctions on you after 99
numerous times threaned to embargo spares
now provides india with cutting edge weapons
will certainly look to cutail any f16 use in a war for no reason other than to reduce tensions.

90% pf pdf posters recently wanted f16 ditched due to to the potential issues.

are you people 100% sure usa wont stab in you in the back during the next conflict.

its big risk

It is a risk, though there is no other option when J-10B is not ready, our fleet is depleting quickly and Thunders can't replace every jet.

Why does Pakistan wants another single engine fighter like the J-10? It's really not much diff. than the JF-17. I would rather go for a heavy twin engine bird like the Russia Flanker or US Eagle, multi-role it for long range BVR & gound strike capability. Link it up to your AWACs & you have a good operational range. Then you can hi-lo tag team with the JF-17 for a myriad of mission objectives. Just my 2 cts.

951NEOh.jpg

Why does Pakistan wants another single engine fighter like the J-10? It's really not much diff. than the JF-17. I would rather go for a heavy twin engine bird like the Russia Flanker or US Eagle, multi-role it for long range BVR & gound strike capability. Link it up to your AWACs & you have a good operational range. Then you can hi-lo tag team with the JF-17 for a myriad of mission objectives. Just my 2 cts.

I think it has to do with the strategic depth (not much) and the sectorial defense that is Pakistani airforce system. Besides that dual engines cost twice the engine hours, almost twice fuel, almost twice maintenance hours and costs etc etc. There are some nations that bought dual engines but had to put them in storage...

While in the past safety was issue it is no longer the reason. Single engines are safe.

And indeed with netcentric warfare and a lot smarter weapons who does need two pilots, huge weapon load or big radar?

Is this JF-17 ? if yes it looks great

Yes, thats it

Its getting better all the time, and to be perfectly honest Pakistan has been extremely lucky.

Building a fighter jet is a costly process with many pit falls and any major errors or problems could cost many billions to fix and even then you could end up with a poor plane.

Pakistan hit the jack pot with the JF17 because its turned out to be such a good plane so with the plans for Block 3 its given Pak alot of breathing space to plan

@Munir, so this PS image may after all not be out of place, we'll just have to wait for some Moons to pass us by.

2010122615257ff30761.jpg
adding two new hard point under air intake /fuselage may wor(i think, i am no expert) but would the F-16 style fuel tanks work with low thrust of rd-33/ws-13?

To Munir

And indeed with netcentric warfare and a lot smarter weapons who does need two pilots, huge weapon load or big radar?

In Reply

Russia China India = flankers Mig29
USA ISRAEL Japan Saudi South kOREA =F15/F18
UK FRANCE & Germant Luftwaffe = Typhoon Rafale

They also happen to be the 10 Strongest Air forces in the world.

Twin Engines give you massive operational adbvantages

F22 PAK FA & J20 are all Twinengines

Back
Top Bottom