What's new

No entry in Pakistan without coronavirus negative test report

Totally Agreed! Everyone is closing the borders to save herself.... And they should must do.

But I am saying " which country is doing testing if you are healthy?"

There are other workarounds and which all countries are doing but this is a plain stupid logic.

there is thread and you are free to ask there.... this thread about Pak govt decision and PIA.

Can anyone give ans " Which country is doing testing if you are healthy?"
Look, you're right in a way. But read between the lines. Assuming i understand this correctly and the order is as stated, this will discourage travellers from coming to Pakistan full-stop. It will provide a possible window to elite individuals and business workers, who can obtain a covid test through private means. All other folks will be excluded from travel.

The drastic reduction in travellers together with a small window for business men who may be able to acquire a test privately will permit some degree of travel for economic benefit, I would have to presume.

That's the only explanation I can give for this odd ruling.

Personally, I believe it's not enough of a shut down. I would prefer maintaining closure of disembarkation for another few weeks. But I can understand that this needs to be balanced with some kind of allowance for economic function or repatriation purposes.

Is there a testing facility available at the airport if an individual is arriving from a country where tests are only performed when he shows symptoms?
I believe most major western hubs can facilitate private tests, who may not necessarily be bound by government guidelines on who needs testing and who doesn't.

Read properly, They are asking from other countries citizens....

I would suggest that Pakistan should totally ban travelling from other countries to Pakistan as many countries are doing the same.

Here, we are talking about own people

abandoning own people to other countries might be a good Idea, are you saying?
Since when indians are worry about pakistanis ?

I believe most major western hubs can facilitate private tests, who may not necessarily be bound by government guidelines on who needs testing and who doesn't.
Talking about UAE.. only government approved centers perform the tests based on the symptoms and travel history.

I would prefer maintaining closure of disembarkation for another few weeks.
You can't do this for short term visitors.

Brother I am totally agreed! It should be practically possible as well.

As I am aware, no country is doing testing if you are healthy. So, getting a negative certificate from doctor would almost impossible. It is possible in India and Pakistan after paying some money (Bride) to them but other countries. I doubt...

I'll explain why it's good:

1. A lot of people will think they don't have it, when they do
2. It teaches people to be vigilant for the disease
3. It makes it more difficult for people to enter the country (any person can carry the virus, so any reduction in traffic is positive imo)

Talking about UAE.. only government approved centers perform the tests based on the symptoms and travel history.

You can't do this for short term visitors.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-of-surrender-doctor-on-uks-covid-19-failures

Purely on the subject of "testing asymptomatic people", this article suggests that in China, they tested many without any symptoms, simply based on contact history, or if they needed to come through the doors of a hospital. The Chinese got their response right - (almost) test, test, test, then ask questions.
Indeed, Korea did the same I believe.

Lowering the threshold for testing is actually a decent idea during a new outbreak, but of course, in the white holy ground western world, someone needs to be paid a salary just to say: you can't test unless there is a clinical indication to test, otherwise it's a waste of resources. Indeed, this ability of China to say "stuff the guidance and just throw every single resource at this thing" is why China will win and Europe/USA with its army of pen pushers will flop.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...-of-surrender-doctor-on-uks-covid-19-failures

Purely on the subject of "testing asymptomatic people", this article suggests that in China, they tested many without any symptoms, simply based on contact history, or if they needed to come through the doors of a hospital. The Chinese got their response right - (almost) test, test, test, then ask questions.
Indeed, Korea did the same I believe.

Lowering the threshold for testing is actually a decent idea during a new outbreak, but of course, in the white holy ground western world, someone needs to be paid a salary just to say: you can't test unless there is a clinical indication to test, otherwise it's a waste of resources. Indeed, this ability of China to say "stuff the guidance and just throw every single resource at this thing" is why China will win and Europe/USA with its army of pen pushers will flop.
I know the test should be available to a wider population.. at least if a person is ready to pay for it.. but my question is for government of Pakistan.. do they have any test facility setup at the airport for travelers who are arriving from such countries where one can't be tested without symptoms, contacts and travel history?

My father is with me right now in UAE.. arrived here before the chaos started.. all set to go back on March 28.. For him, if he is not tested because of no symptoms, what is there at Pakistani airports?

I'll explain why it's good:

1. A lot of people will think they don't have it, when they do
2. It teaches people to be vigilant for the disease
3. It makes it more difficult for people to enter the country (any person can carry the virus, so any reduction in traffic is positive imo)
Yes, great post. The ruling - unorthodox though it is - will cause exactly what you've said to occur.

Additionally, it will discourage travellers who are trying to hide symptoms and sneak into Pakistan. Now, those particular individuals can't escape the net. It's actually a clever ruling for Pakistan's unique population characteristics (in the third world, ignorance will cause some folks to try and dodge standard screening even when infected - e.g. we know some have tried to mask fever with antipyrexial medications while travelling). I'm beginning to like this outside the box idea.

Follow the heard mentality.
Silent carriers are everywhere
Exactly, it is now starkly obvious that silent carriers are a huge part of this. Those people will slip through the screening net. But now, they will be caught by an enforced test.

Of course, the PCR testing can still produce a false negative but I would bet my house that many many more "screened" individuals are asymptomatic but genuine carriers of the virus.

Yes, great post. The ruling - unorthodox though it is - will cause exactly what you've said to occur.

Additionally, it will discourage travellers who are trying to hide symptoms and sneak into Pakistan. Now, those particular individuals can't escape the net. It's actually a clever ruling for Pakistan's unique population characteristics (in the third world, ignorance will cause some folks to try and dodge standard screening even when infected - e.g. we know some have tried to mask fever with antipyrexial medications while travelling). I'm beginning to like this outside the box idea.

Exactly, it is now starkly obvious that silent carriers are a huge part of this. Those people will slip through the screening net. But now, they will be caught by an enforced test.

Of course, the PCR testing can still produce a false negative but I would bet my house that many many more "screened" individuals are asymptomatic but genuine carriers of the virus.
Testing and repeat testing is the point.

I know the test should be available to a wider population.. at least if a person is ready to pay for it.. but my question is for government of Pakistan.. do they have any test facility setup at the airport for travelers who are arriving from such countries where one can't be tested without symptoms, contacts and travel history?

My father is with me right now in UAE.. arrived here before the chaos started.. all set to go back on March 28.. For him, if he is not tested because of no symptoms, what is there at Pakistani airports?
I don't know. However my gut instinct is that such a facility at an airport would be odd because it wouldn't make sense to test for a virus that is infectious at an airport where people waiting for a result are exposed to each other. I'd be surprised if airports do testing for this reason.

One other thing - antibody testing is a different, quicker testing method. Look that up in case there is availability for covid antibody testing in UAE - totally different to the PCR testing. You'd also need to be sure that the Pakistani authorities accept such a test though.

Back
Top Bottom