What's new

No doubt China has confidence in its HQ-9s

i respect your opinion but humbly disagree. I am not Russian so I have no Russian bias, you on the other hand are Chinese so you obviously are going to have Chinese bias.

What I can say is this. Russia sells weapons to China. China doesnt sell any weapons to Russia.
China exports electronics and machine tools to Russia. In addition, China has vastly greater research funding for development compared to Russia. In the past 5 years, China has pretty much stopped purchasing weapon systems from Russia aside from engines. Surpassing Russia is a matter of when, not if. As it stands, HQ-9 won the Turkish contract and was the only system to successfully engage all targets during tests. Think whatever you like, but results don't lie.

China exports electronics and machine tools to Russia. In addition, China has vastly greater research funding for development compared to Russia. In the past 5 years, China has pretty much stopped purchasing weapon systems from Russia aside from engines. Surpassing Russia is a matter of when, not if. As it stands, HQ-9 won the Turkish contract and was the only system to successfully engage all targets during tests. Think whatever you like, but results don't lie.

If you base your entire opinion on one tender that is your prerogative. I personally dont. And its not true that China only buys engines. Do your research. China is also buying fighter jets and lada class submarines, among other weapons. These contracts were signed just this year. I respect your opinion though, its just from the information I have, your opinion is incorrect.

http://www.defensenews.com/article/20130325/DEFREG03/303250012/China-Buy-Russian-Fighters-Subs

BEIJING — China has agreed to buy two dozen fighter jets and four submarines from Russia, state media reported Monday, the country’s first large-scale weapons technology purchases from Moscow in a decade.

The agreement to buy the 24 Su-35 fighters and four Lada-class submarines was signed just before President Xi Jinping’s weekend visit to Russia, said the People’s Daily, citing state television.

Two of the submarines will be built in Russia, with the other two to be built in China.“The Su-35 fighters can effectively reduce pressure on China’s air defense before Chinese-made stealth fighters come online,” the report said.

China and Russia are expected to cooperate further in developing military technology, the report said, including that for S-400 long-range anti-aircraft missiles, 117S large thrust engines, Il-476 large transport aircraft and Il-78 aerial tankers.

If you base your entire opinion on one tender that is your prerogative. I personally dont. And its not true that China only buys engines. Do your research. China is also buying fighter jets and lada class submarines, among other weapons. These contracts were signed just this year. I respect your opinion though, its just from the information I have, your opinion is incorrect.

China To Buy Russian Fighters, Subs | Defense News | defensenews.com

Do not trust much on news for military issues. Military things are not like entertainment news.
Journalist know more because they have right to interview, but for military news, they can be easily forbidden due to national security issue.

Do not trust much on news for military issues. Military things are not like entertainment news.
Journalist know more because they have right to interview, but for military news, they can be easily forbidden due to national security issue.

Im not sure what you are getting at. This is a pretty well known fact that has been reported by the Chinese governments own news station. Im sure there are more top secret projects that Russia might be helping China with and im sure that doesnt get published or leaked but these are public contracts. Nothing secret about purchasing fighter jets and submarines between two superpowers. Its part of their public defense budget.

Im not sure what you are getting at. This is a pretty well known fact that has been reported by the Chinese governments own news station. Im sure there are more top secret projects that Russia might be helping China with and im sure that doesnt get published or leaked but these are public contracts. Nothing secret about purchasing fighter jets and submarines between two superpowers. Its part of their public defense budget.
Do you mean the talk-show column in CCTV-4 about military?
Yes,every military-lover in China knows they work for Strategic Fooyou Agency of China:azn:
I don't mean this trade will not happen, but until now, no formal news I have got, especially for the lada submarine, even rumors on most military forum say the contract is not signed.

Do you mean the talk-show column in CCTV-4 about military?
Yes,every military-lover in China knows they work for Strategic Fooyou Agency of China:azn:
I don't mean this trade will not happen, but until now, no formal news I have got, especially for the lada submarine, even rumors on most military forum say the contract is not signed.

A simple google search will net you all the information you need from many different sources. Now can you prove these reports arent true? Do you have proof? Ive posted reports from Chinese State media. Where is your proof to refute these reports? Or is this just your personal opinion? Bottom line, the Chinese military buy alot of Russian military equipment. The Russian military doesnt buy any military equipment from the Chinese. That to me is proof enough.

Do your research. China is also buying fighter jets and lada class submarines, among other weapons. These contracts were signed just this year.

Have they?

The article you posted is from March 2013.

And according to your article the Su-35 deal has supposedly already been signed.

The agreement to buy the 24 Su-35 fighters and four Lada-class submarines was signed just before President Xi Jinping’s weekend visit to Russia, said the People’s Daily, citing state television.

But I have a RIA Novosti article from September 2013 that says there will be no signing until next year.

China to Get Russian Su-35 Jets in 2014

MOSCOW, September 7 (RIA Novosti) – Moscow and Beijing expect to seal the deal on the sale of Russian Su-35 fighter jets to China in 2014, a senior official at the Russian arms exports monopoly said Saturday.

“Talks are ongoing, but the deal is unlikely to be sealed before the year’s end. The signing will most likely take place next year,” said Viktor Komardin, deputy head of the state-run Rosoboronexport.

See how pointless and unreliable Russian news sources are?

Has the deal been signed or not signed?:lol:

Another example.

Here's an old RIA Novosti article from March 2012 saying the Su-35 contract will "soon" be signed.

Russia Close to Sign Su-35 Fighter Deal With China | World | RIA Novosti

07:23 06/03/2012
MOSCOW, March 6 (RIA Novosti)

Russia and China may soon sign a $4-bln contract on the delivery of 48 Sukhoi Su-35 Flanker-E fighter jets to the Chinese air force, Russia’s Kommersant business daily said on Tuesday.

“The sides have practically agreed on the delivery of 48 Su-35 multirole fighters, worth $4 billion, to China,” Kommersant said citing a source in the Russian defense industry.

It is now a year and a half later.

Has the contract been signed?:omghaha:

A simple google search will net you all the information you need from many different sources. Now can you prove these reports arent true? Do you have proof? Ive posted reports from Chinese State media. Where is your proof to refute these reports? Or is this just your personal opinion? Bottom line, the Chinese military buy alot of Russian military equipment. The Russian military doesnt buy any military equipment from the Chinese. That to me is proof enough.

I think you got your point. But can you honestly tell us how old you are?

I think you got your point. But can you honestly tell us how old you are?

It gets tedious to debate a topic with people who expect you to willfully deny reality. I could tell you my age but what does it have to do with the thread topic? Please explain. Is this some sort of personal attack?

Have they?

The article you posted is from March 2013.

And according to your article the Su-35 deal has supposedly already been signed.

But I have a RIA Novosti article from September 2013 that says there will be no signing until next year.

China to Get Russian Su-35 Jets in 2014

See how pointless and unreliable Russian news sources are?

Has the deal been signed or not signed?:lol:

The news article I quoted was a Chinese state media source so im not sure what that has to do with Russians. I didnt see the RIA Novosti report but I agree that its conflicting. Thanks for sharing. I wouldnt call either unreliable though since all we know is chinese sources say the deal was signed while russian sources say it wasnt. You are Chinese, who do you believe more? Personally I would say the truth lies somewhere in the middle and they are still wrangling about the details and terms, never the less, my point still stands, Chinese are buying or trying to buy advanced Russian military equipment. Not the other way around. Thanks for posting that link though, ill read it later.

The news article I quoted was a Chinese state media source so im not sure what that has to do with Russians. I didnt see the RIA Novosti report but I agree that its conflicting. Thanks for sharing. I wouldnt call either unreliable though since all we know is chinese sources say the deal was signed while russian sources say it wasnt. You are Chinese, who do you believe more? Personally I would say the truth lies somewhere in the middle and they are still wrangling about the details and terms, never the less, my point still stands, Chinese are buying or trying to buy advanced Russian military equipment. Not the other way around. Thanks for posting that link though, ill read it later.

The Russians themselves denied the Chinese report.:lol:

Russia: No Deal on Sale of Fighters, Subs to China | Defense News | defensenews.com

Russia: No Deal on Sale of Fighters, Subs to China
Mar. 25, 2013 - 12:41PM |
By Wendell Minnick

TAIPEI — Russia is denying Chinese media claims that Moscow and Beijing have signed agreements to sell Russian-made arms and military technology to China, including 24 Su-35 multirole fighter jets and four Amur-class diesel submarines.

During a recent visit by Chinese President Xi Jinping to Moscow from Friday to Sunday, no discussions took place regarding “military-technical cooperation” issues, the ITAR-TASS news agency reported Monday. This was in response to an earlier report by China’s CCTV on the same day.

All of this is old news from earlier this year.

Either post something new or stop wasting everyone's time here. :lol:

So basically you are saying you only believe the news when it fits your premise? Very interesting. Tell me more.

China's CCTV is basically running by a bunch of military amateurs or even illiterates as the reporters and editors, they couldn't know more than the Chinese members here.

The truth is china has stop buying any major equipment from Russia. It just the Russia trying to shove the deal to China. As for major equipment, I heard Russian is goin to get their first Mistral LHD from FRANCE next year. :lol:

Talking about Russia military advance technology..... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom