What's new

NEW Province : Assembly Passes Resolution . !!

Why not have regions, and provinces?

Let the Punjab region, for example, officially exists as a region, but only for cultural and historical purposes.
Within Punjab region, have 3-4 provinces, all named alfter their capital cities (eg. Lahore province or Faisalabad province). Same with KPK, Balochistan and Sindh. AJK and GB can together form the 'Kashmir' region. Islamabad will of course remain the Federal Capital territory.

All these regions will have no gov.; and exist purely for historical and cultural reasons. The provinces within them will have govs on the other hand, and will be for administrative purposes.
I took this idea from Sweden; have a read:

Provinces of Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Counties of Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think lots of people are playing a role in this. Firstly, MQM are pushing to create Seraiki and Hazara provinces to justify the need for Sindh provinces. Secondly, it is the interest of the feudals in Southern Punjab to gain power, and finally, it is the interest of PTI and PPP to break PML-N's back.
I do not think its for the betterment of the country, rather i see it as a personal benefit type thing.

Creating an ethnic province out of Punjab is against Pakistan's resolution. Our country was made based on the provinces we now have. If we are so eger to bring changes, then least we could do is create administrative basis.

It will be a disaster to see North Punjab and South Punjab.
The division will NOT be equal and it will create Civil War: :hitwall:

North Punjab:
Lahore, Sialkot, Gujranwala, Rawalpindi

South Punjab:
Multan, Mianwalli, Sargohdha, Bahawalpur, Dira Ghazi Khan, Rahim Yar Khan....

Let the Punjab region, for example, officially exists as a region, but only for cultural and historical purposes.
Within Punjab region, have 3-4 provinces, all named alfter their capital cities (eg. Lahore province or Faisalabad province). Same with KPK, Balochistan and Sindh. AJK and GB can together form the 'Kashmir' region. Islamabad will of course remain the Federal Capital territory.

All these regions will have no gov.; and exist purely for historical and cultural reasons. The provinces within them will have govs on the other hand, and will be for administrative purposes.

My idea was along the same lines. Make units, not provinces, and keep the Assembly of Punjab, but make a little head authority of 10 or 20 elected people, rather than assemblies for each province.

Provinces should be made of 3 or 4 areas, like Siraiki area, bahwalpur, Balochistan gets one, and one in Sindh (all with their assemblies and everything), but then make further units, with no Assemblies but that group i mentioned earlier of 15 or so elected people.

good proposal by PML-N but even better is if all 27 divisions are given the status of provinces

good proposal by PML-N but even better is if all 27 divisions are given the status of provinces
Not provinces, units.

one or two big areas can be made provinces (Post 79), but make small units.

provinces gonna get new assemblies, new CM's, new governors, new planes, helis, luxuries, police forces etc etc.

Gift for Gilani to not write a letter against his master...
it may be need of hour but to make it one should use mind not emotions and it should be for ppl not for politics

Not provinces, units

Well, it doesn't matter what you call them; but Province certainly does sound classier

And it doesn't matter about the size; a province as small as 2 (very populated) districts should be called the same as the province made of 12 (much less populated) districts, for example

Provinces of Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Counties of Sweden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is an IDEAL solution bro, which exists in theories though should be idealy acceptable to all , but it will be civil war if we dissolve provinces of Sindh and Balochistan, Pakhoonkah who are ENJOYING their ethnic status from 65 years...that is why I was saying that as this dissolving is IMPOSSIBLE (WE ALL KNOW this very well) in practical sense and we all know as in the assembly they are not talking about dissolving either, so please then let others to follow the same SUIT which already followed (JUSTICE DEMANDS SO)...
But look BD has made more progress after separation...so those who thinks that it is for a personal benifit than look at my previous post on other thread ...how already an ethnic imbalance is there, by imposing Serikis to think them of Punjabis...I heartly belive that this will make people more prosper as this permote competition among provinces and Sariki division would have to compete on literacy and other paramertrs and it is best interest of poeple of Sariki and Pakistan (But not sure about NAWAZ sharif and his followers why they are in so much love for Sarikies and not letting them to go like they THEMSELVES be still Enjoying to be living in PUNJAB based on their language...there is some trouble to them that is why they dying)...so it will be decentralizaton of powers Which LAHORE every time rule...This will give the chance of this side of univeristy to come in line with other universities in terms of Infrastructure, power, pays etc...if you can see more advantages....

JUST DRAMA FOR NEXT ELECTION

but on the planet there have been people (Who represents 3rd greatest majority) praying for such drama from past 60 years man.....people don't bother who IDIOT is getting vote, but they need their rights...

remember one thing if drop scene is based on the BIASNESS like always then this pain will keep moving down to the generations until justice don't come (record words of a powerless person)...
history will record this episode (though God knows next!)

PEACE!!!!!

IMO you people should follow Indian linguistic(not ethnic) formula for provinces. In all provinces use local language and for inter-provincial purposes make Urdu and English as official language.

Formulating local languages is an excellent idea. That should be the first thing...
I disagree with one thing. Urdu should not be our national language. That is unfair. Instead we should develop a new language mixing Punjabi Photwari, Seraiki, Hindko, Kashmiri, Balochi, Sindhi, Urdu, and Pashto. I think this would be a better idea.

Formulating local languages is an excellent idea. That should be the first thing...
I disagree with one thing. Urdu should not be our national language. That is unfair. Instead we should develop a new language mixing Punjabi Photwari, Seraiki, Hindko, Kashmiri, Balochi, Sindhi, Urdu, and Pashto. I think this would be a better idea.

So, you think developing new language is matter of days or years???

YES urdu is the most beautiful and enriched langauge in subcontinent which we all know does not belong to any specific cult but was permoted by kings as inter-racial language....URDU is fine as our national laguage, but English should be co-langauge....I feel...

No. It has been the cultural language of Muslims of South Asia for centuries; what's so unfair about such a beautiful language being our National Language?

Urdu has influenced to dilute your local languages and this is a fact. We are seeing a growing trend, in new generations.
Urdu language is basically Hindi... No wonder why the world thinks we are no different from Indian people.

What has Indian linguistics got to do with the rest: Punjab, Sindh, Pakhtunkhwaha, Balochistan, Kashmir?

False. Urdu has never been around in Pakistan. If you belong to a native province of Pakistan, please tell me how many ancestors of your family spoke Urdu?

One of the reasons why Bangladesh split was due to linguistics...

To be fair, i say we need to develop a new national language, a mixture that is, that represents all the provinces of Pakistan....

So, you think developing new language is matter of days or years???

Go check out Hebrew language for Israel and see how long it took.

Are we not going off-topic, bros!
apologies as I see myself followed a diversion on this topic!

Better we may discuss this issue on other thread :)
cheers

Back
Top Bottom