What's new

NEW Province : Assembly Passes Resolution . !!

a very good decision, more provinces should be made too, 3 new provinces in place of Punjab, 3 in Sindh, 4 in Balochistan, 2-3 in Northern areas, it would be perfect. When the people of these areas will have the control of their areas in their own hands only then could these areas develop as the locals of an area know what the problems in their society are much better than an outsider, e.g. a makrani knows problems of his areas much better than the person in Dera Bugti, or a person in Cholistan knows more than a man from Karachi

You got me wrong. I'm in favour of keeping local languages the way it is. What i'm against is Urdu being the national language, it is a language that is unfair. My point is to create a language that is 'fair' and that would be a mixture to reflect all of Pakistan;s provinces.

you are a total idiot, I want to ask you can a punjabi understand sindhi, balochi, pashto etc. etc. and vice versa, and can a punjabi, sindhi, balochi, pathan understand Urdu? a national language is the one that can be understood easily by everyone so your argument is quite stupid
and you must know that in US too there were many different linguistic groups present but English was chosen as the official language, and you know what nearly everyone can understand english

Formulating local languages is an excellent idea. That should be the first thing...
I disagree with one thing. Urdu should not be our national language. That is unfair. Instead we should develop a new language mixing Punjabi Photwari, Seraiki, Hindko, Kashmiri, Balochi, Sindhi, Urdu, and Pashto. I think this would be a better idea.

Terrible idea, and it seems quite unfeasible especially at the moment.

Urdu language is basically Hindi... No wonder why the world thinks we are no different from Indian people.

dude punjabi is also spoken in india which makes it indian language, the whole mighty punjab should adopt another regional language, satisfied?

you guys can celebrate basant, the hindu tehwar, you guys can do all to become look like indians, dress like indians, do jobs in india like atif aslam and rahat fateh ali khan etc, but when it comes to speaking urdu, then no, urdu looks similar to hindi and we shouldnt look like indian people..

south india doesnt even speak hindi it speaks malay or tamil, so hindi is spoken by half of india not even entire india

the present hindi indian speak is a mixture of urdu because urdu was used a lot in classic bollywood

Formulating local languages is an excellent idea. That should be the first thing...
I disagree with one thing. Urdu should not be our national language. That is unfair. Instead we should develop a new language mixing Punjabi Photwari, Seraiki, Hindko, Kashmiri, Balochi, Sindhi, Urdu, and Pashto. I think this would be a better idea.

I think every major language which is spoken by at least one million people should be given the status of national language. Pashto, Balochi, Punjabi, 'Sindhi and Seraiki are very old and beautiful languages and they are an integral part of the culture and history of these people. Punjabi is a thousand year old language and rich in literature. Baba Farid is considered the first major Punjabi poet who was born in the 12th century. When the British annexed Punjab in the middle of the 19th century they imposed Urdu in Punjab whereas they didn't apply the same formula in Bengal. I think Punjabi should stop treating their own mother tongue like a step mother and give it its due status.

That's the fault of Punjab. Sindh teaches Sindhi.

Sindh to teach Chinese language in schools from 2013

KARACHI: The government of Sindh on Sunday decided to launch compulsory teaching of Chinese language from grade six in 2013, DawnNews reported.

The decision took place in a meeting led by the Chief Minister of Sindh Qaim Ali Shah.

It was also decided that students learning Chinese will gain extra marks, scholarships and foreign visit opportunities.

Shah also ordered the authorities to finalise the method, rules and instruction materials for the teaching process.

It was also decided in the meeting that learning Chinese will be made compulsory in Cadet College Pitaro, grade six onwards as well.

Sindh to teach Chinese language in schools from 2013 | DAWN.COM

Why would you teach and make chinese language compulsory when half of the people in the province are not at least locally literate? You guys are not just 1 but many step ahead/worse off than Punjab.

if we make all regional languages national languages, then how will pakistanis who allah bless them got equally divided by population, will we communicate each other in english???

sindhi, pashtu etc etc are all beautiful languages but in regional way

but nobody who are proposing this rediculous ideas said, that our education shouldnt be in english but in our national language,

these all pathetic racist people are slave minded confused people

Back
Top Bottom