What's new

new naval air station

Pakistan may do but the question is is is affordable for the PN's shoe string budget? Think about it, all logistics required for constructing and then supporting an airbase wold have to be either flown or shipped in- a highly expensive prospect. Until the PN starts receiving some proper attention and a fairer share of the defence budget you can't even contemplate such things...

the govt. has decided (belatedly) to invest in PN base infrastructure irrespective of the budget constraints but all on the mainland.

the govt. has decided (belatedly) to invest in PN base infrastructure irrespective of the budget constraints but all on the mainland.
I'm sure this is the case, BUT offshore bases are expensive to maintain let alone raise from the ground up (as the PN would have to do). What other navies have their own bases away from their mainland? The US's, The Brits, the French, the Indian and the Chinese (there maybe more but this is off the top of my head)- these are amongst the largest and most well funded Navies in the world, it is not something everyone can afford to do for the reasons I have outlined above.

completely new air station where a new air-strip has already been laid out. now the infrastructure is being built. by the way i was at PNS ormara yesterday (wtite-up with pictures in a day or two) where i noticed that the perimeter barbed wire is now electrified with 24/7 monitoring by cameras as well as physical patrolling. security in such remote areas will be ramped up. i expect similar at Turbat etc.

I guess the navy can somewhat afford those measures, since their stations are very limited and also a bit secluded, like Ormara and now the proposed Turbat.

Eagerly waiting for the write up.

I guess the navy can somewhat afford those measures, since their stations are very limited and also a bit secluded, like Ormara and now the proposed Turbat.

Eagerly waiting for the write up.

ormara is going to be a major naval base in the next few years.

Well i dont agree imran to send Orions to tubet it was easy target there than khi.
If our defence forces running scare like this what message it sends to nation.
Why not navy look inside there are some traitors who helped pns mehran attack im not against new air station im against mindset which is scary pak navy is afraid of accepting challange.

Do we have some large enough islands which could be used to construct a naval airbase?
Yes....?

Astola island ..........

BLA likes attacking with rockets. Hope they deploy drones UAV for security.

Last edited:
Good move, PD needs to think about bringing in Air force in the base as well.

Yes BLA people will attack it with indian help navy decision was rubbish out of common sense there is one big saying in urfu comes to mind.

( A bell mujhe maar )

Really I am not able to understand the use of Turbat???? for PN..... Also tell me that we have heard that PM Nawaz Sharif had announced in his privatization plan that he will privatize the airports as well along with Sea Ports???

completely new air station where a new air-strip has already been laid out. now the infrastructure is being built. by the way i was at PNS ormara yesterday (wtite-up with pictures in a day or two) where i noticed that the perimeter barbed wire is now electrified with 24/7 monitoring by cameras as well as physical patrolling. security in such remote areas will be ramped up. i expect similar at Turbat etc.
Perhaps now we have an idea of beefed up security! Intel...

Well i dont agree imran to send Orions to tubet it was easy target there than khi.
If our defence forces running scare like this what message it sends to nation.
Why not navy look inside there are some traitors who helped pns mehran attack im not against new air station im against mindset which is scary pak navy is afraid of accepting challange.
Running scare and taking precautionary measures are totally different and a senior member like you understands that very well!
There is a limit to INCREASING security level at the current base due to heavy population and civilian interaction so the best idea is to move to a place a bit more isolated where the security agencies can DESIGN and IMPLEMENT a better security system!

Dear u have only turbet left where BLA agents are searching something to attack balouchistan is biggest security headache dozens of militant groups are in balouchistan u can get port in thatta dear will power and good planning make u brave not transfering where militabts hide

Dear u have only turbet left where BLA agents are searching something to attack balouchistan is biggest security headache dozens of militant groups are in balouchistan u can get port in thatta dear will power and good planning make u brave not transfering where militabts hide

Welcome back..........seeing you here after a long time. :tup:
Hope that "sab khairiayat sey hai"; after your issues in UAE.

Now on topic: Yes, Balochistan has problems; but the Orions can be protected much better in Turbat. There is hardly much inhabitants there, and screening the local population there will be much easier.
Now also consider the attack last week-end on the West Wharf in ND Karachi. Karachi is becoming increasingly vulnerable since the PNS Mehran attack. PN has to preserve it assets.

Well you have a point popeye. But u can send those orions to airforce base in jacobabad not to far from khi why wasting money on seprate airstrip. Orion are good but not best second class machine if it has been P 8 posedion i also send them in better protection in jacobabad base where airforce personal along with army and with additional naval security it would have been bettter

Well you have a point popeye. But u can send those orions to airforce base in jacobabad not to far from khi why wasting money on seprate airstrip. Orion are good but not best second class machine if it has been P 8 posedion i also send them in better protection in jacobabad base where airforce personal along with army and with additional naval security it would have been bettter

I don't see any harm in developing a new air force base. To say true, i have also though that some military installments in Baluchistan might ease up the tension there and will yield in better security structure in a part of our country that we have left as a useless part but what actually is the only way to our growth and development. IF Pakistan makes progress towards the status of DEVELOPED NATIONS it will be through Baluchistan
As mentioned there might be bit more threats in Turbat then in Karachi but there are much much more bright prospects of dealing with them in a vast piece of unpopulated land then in a heavily populated metropolitan city of Karachi.
Also development of a military base in Baluchistan will surely improve the security situation of area around that place. so for me, all indicators are positive.

Back
Top Bottom