What's new

New MiGs to add firepower to Indian Navy

vikram-00.jpg

vikram-01.jpg

vikram-02.jpg

vikram-03.jpg

vikram-04.jpg

can someone mention the full load and range Mig-29 be able to carry (in comparison to land based take off) from ACC VA.

MiG 29 K

Modifications were made to the MiG-29K for Indian requirements, including the Zhuk-ME radar, RD-33MK engine, a combat payload up to 5,500 kg, 13 hardpoints, and updated 4-channel digital fly-by-wire flight control system.

Ferry range: 2,100 km (1,240 mi) / 3,000 km (1,860 mi) with 3 drop tanks

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...zIC4BA&usg=AFQjCNEbs0xMghJWyQXFAFrSCOWrsQkiwA

Mig 29

Range: 1,430 km (772 nmi, 888 mi) with maximum internal fuel

Payload> don't know

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&r...toiVUXayfXlaxJkskORD1fw&bvm=bv.46340616,d.bmk

But Sir most of the people are expecting that IAF might go for some 60+ MiG-35 along with 60-80+ Rafael and EF-2000s in combine. As the IAF was really looking in to both the fighters.... since the start...
That will create a headache for IAF if it gets 60+60 fighters of different types . One of the plan was to get 126 + 100 aircrafts , not sure though .

But Sir most of the people are expecting that IAF might go for some 60+ MiG-35 along with 60-80+ Rafael and EF-2000s in combine. As the IAF was really looking in to both the fighters.... since the start...

Would be interesting to know these "People". It would be a logistic and maintenance nightmare having so many different aircrafts in inventory.
Leave alone procurement costs, hypothetically even if IAF has so many aircrafts, servicing them would be prohibitively costly.

come on my friend, wake up... take a sip of coffee... So you are dreaming it regularly? or just last night?

That will create a headache for IAF if it gets 60+60 fighters of different types . One of the plan was to get 126 + 100 aircrafts , not sure though .

So is possible to see some MiG-35s and Rafales against Chinese in near future...

So is possible to see some MiG-35s and Rafales against Chinese in near future...

There are no Mig 35s, my friend. What you may see are maybe more Mig 29s. But, not 35s. I won,t be surprised if we see an increase in squadron numbers over the next 15 yrs with induction of more Su-30s and LCAs.

Back
Top Bottom