What's new

New Delhi Seeks Heavy Machine Guns For F-INSAS

k thats a good joke but styll im asking a simple question that PA have a new helmet based on westren designe an this new indian helmet looks similar to russian ons.dont they..plz look in to spetnaz battle gear

I am afraid i cant answer that in any reliable way .

I really know nothing about the combat helmets , and why on would even need to design a helmet around another helmet.

well , I don't see any point in importing helmets for DRDO. So most likely it is of India make.

Its just a helmet , they can only be so many different shapes

We cant ignore ground realties or the situation. I am not talking about R&D here. I am talking about the cost per solider for these systems.

Oh man!!!! Let them have 1000 times more money! What let you think that there is no comparison with Land Warrior and F-INSAS in terms of technology, better systems, more systems what?

You cant tell me we can possible afford the same cost per trooper as the Americans.

May be we can attain a cost effective system in the same range as Israel of France. which is more reasonable.

We have 1 milllion plus troops.

It takes the Americans $10,000 + to equip their troops currently.

Any future solider system is easily $20,000 + .

So a Million plus soldiers , each costing how much for equipment.

They can simply afford more that then we can.

If US spends $ 62 billion to build a fifth generation fighter, will India/Russia need same amount of money? No.

k thats a good joke but styll im asking a simple question that PA have a new helmet based on westren designe an this new indian helmet looks similar to russian ons.dont they..plz look in to spetnaz battle gear
Its not a new helmet first of all...ur correct that the helmet looks similar to that of the russian spetnaz...actually these helmets are used in large numbers by NATIONAL SECURITY GUARDS COMMANDOS...In INDIAN ARMY we are currently using 3 kinds of helmets,
1.bullet proof patka
2.tin bucked (old ww2 helmets)
3.the new PAGST helmets which are now being inducted at a good fast rate

patka is loved by all the soldiers beacuse of the protection it offers..in the whole of jammu and kashmir,north east these helmets can be seen worn by all.army,paramilitary and state police... check out the pics you will understand better
NSG COMMANDO'S
0156278655085.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
URL]

NOW INDIAN ARMY USING PATKA

URL]

URL]

POLICE USING PATKA
URL]

Last edited:
They ar old but we still use it for thier brute force...the new insas lmg is now used by the army and the paramilitary forces
watch this video and see how good is this weapons not to mention the almost no recoil..mind you the gun was being operated by a civilian

YouTube - INSAS Light Machine Gun 5.56 NATO

Lol man u call tht a LMG?
its a simple SMG not a LMG.........also it has less recoil coz of its small calib 5. something also as u call it a LMG wats the fire rate?range?max effect? and wats the round feed>? does it use a drum magazine like big PIKA,M60 as well as chain feed?
Also why are the soldiers wearing different gloves (colorful ones)?
I mean our army uses green gloves as a standard issue like other professional modern armies...?

Lol why are the soldiers wearing different gloves (colorful ones)?
I mean our army uses green gloves as a standard issue like other professional modern armies...?

color of gloves makes a army professional and modern army??

we uses because we have freedom to choose everyone is free to use gloves with colors and shades of his liking:rofl::rofl:

just kidding........

its a simple SMG not a LMG.........also it has less recoil coz of its small calib 5. something also as u call it a LMG wats the fire rate?range?max effect? and wats the round feed>? does it use a drum magazine like big PIKA,M60 as well as chain feed?

hahah how old are you kid ???why dont simply say that you want to troll here...So a LMG LOOKS IKE A SMG TO YOU:hitwall::rofl: good for you i wont comment on that...about the spec here you go
INSAS LMG

CARTRIDGE 5.56X45 MM
OPERATION Gas selective fire,single
shot auto

WEIGHT(loded) 6.7 KG
RIFILING 4 grooves RH 1 in 200 mm

MUZZEL VELOCITY 954 m/s

RATE OF FIRE 650 RPM

for more info you can read this
Indian Automatic Rifles

we were not asking you tell us about ur special forces glamour dolls with all the frills and thrills,those spanky looking ballistic glasses and those green gloves:rofl:
every one knows how is a normal pakistani infanry soldier equipped.do even know what all does ur average infantry an carries????

pakistani_soldiers_army_news_06072007_0011.jpg

---------- Post added at 07:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 AM ----------

Pakistani_soldiers_army_news_06072007_002.jpg

art.kashmir.afp.gi.jpg

ITS IS INDIAN SOILDERS LAST POSTED WERE PAKISTANI SOILDERS I THINK BOTH LOOKS AVG GYS.

That Helmet might look funny to you all, But to be frank its hard, Outer skin made of many layers of laminated Fiber with a Mix of bamboo, and Thats More than Enough for the Army as Of Now...

Secondly To the F-INSAS , Army is already Conducting trials for it,The Suit trials are on mainly fro the ballistic vests.... Army is doing It very fast to phase out old Wears, and thinking to use a Dark Green and Yellow camouflage for it. Already a prototype is made and is being tested.

Back
Top Bottom