What's new

New Delhi Seeks Heavy Machine Guns For F-INSAS

Buddy, thats Israeli cornershot :lol:

There is just 1 barrel, rest of em are cameras, lasers and flashlights !!

I think NSG recently acquired them..

corner-gun.jpg

Ooooops! I had never seen such multi-barrel Cornershot! You are rite but isn't it still different in some ways? Specially the shape and size of the barrels? :pop:

F-INSAS rifle and Tavor

2wnck5d.jpg

F insas is very optimistic, maybe too much so.

I think they could start with something simple:

An excellent helmet with NVG mounted on it

Body armour that can stop large rounds (like DRAGON SKIN)

A rifle with a scope, UBGL, bullpup

A grenade belt

A basic med kit

A good ruck sack

These things are important. A uniform that oozes blood clotting agent sounds great but I think the army needs good equipment for basic needs first.

The army needed this equipment 12 years ago in kargil. TOFB, etc. are notorious for making weapons so late in the game they are almost obsolete by the time they are issued. Heres hoping the dont botch F INSAS like they have with other crucial projects, which forced the govt. to try to import arms (MMRCA, T 90, etc.)

F insas is very optimistic, maybe too much so.

I think they could start with something simple:

A grenade belt

A basic med kit

A good ruck sack

These things are important. A uniform that oozes blood clotting agent sounds great but I think the army needs good equipment for basic needs first.

The army needed this equipment 12 years ago in kargil. TOFB, etc. are notorious for making weapons so late in the game they are almost obsolete by the time they are issued. Heres hoping the dont botch F INSAS like they have with other crucial projects, which forced the govt. to try to import arms (MMRCA, T 90, etc.)

It is very optimistic but that's the point! All of the tech you have mentioned is included in F-INSAS and more. If you're spending $30-50 billion ( how much phase 1 and 2 of F-INSAS will cost) then you want a lot for your buck.

^^^
I would say its nothing in comparison to what india is building. I mean dude India has a BMD program, SSBN and SSN program, aircraft carrier will be finished in couple of years, we made supersonic Brahmos and now we are working on hypersonic version, we have a AMCA project and not to mention the AURA UCAV project.

Dude FINSAS is nothing in comparison to the projects mentioned above...

Well even US forces and alot of western forces purchase ballistic helmets and body armors from indian companies. If our forces are not looking at a domestic solution then its not our faults. Indian companies are producing world class products in these areas.
As far as NVGs are concerned, they are complicated devices. Only a very few countries originally produces them and that too of poor quality most of the countries just produce them under license.
License production of israeli and french based NVGs have started in India 3-4 years back. All our forces have to do is try them and place order.

Well already rfi has been issued for multi caliber assault rifles, carbines, machine guns for FINSAS program. As far as ubgl is concerned already 10,604 have entered in the service i think 30000 (not confirmed)more order has been placed. Around 1 million new shivalik grenade order has been placed by IA.

A grenade belt
????? How many soldier you see with this ???

A basic med kit
was never planned. Also not every soldier keeps the basic med kit with them. If you want to give them this then you should also teach them how to use it.

A good ruck sack
New rucksacks are good. OFB is producing them.

A uniform that oozes blood clotting agent sounds great but I think the army needs good equipment for basic needs first.
Where did you heard this ?

I agree with you on this.

I think we should just wait till defexpo 2012.

Back
Top Bottom