What's new

New Delhi Seeks Heavy Machine Guns For F-INSAS

Nice to see an Indian Army personal here, welcome to forum.

Mods should he not be Military professional?

hii,

I was just watching 'Lakshya' movie yesterday.
I was wondering if some people who have actually fought for country in 65, 71, 99 in real battle could post their experiences.

Theres a scene of mountain climbing and attacking from behing in the movie. I was curious did it actually happen in battle in kargil or it was just imagination of the director?

thanxx

No Sir,

May be there are still some confusion.....

1) We will not take government's fund for developing this systems.

2) we are going to solve technical bottle nech by our self. then we will go to Private firms like TATA, L & T or Mahindra and ask them for funds for final product.

3) If everything goes as per plane then one of the company will fund us and launch this system in market and IA will be the major Buyer we will also sell this system to our NSG and Anti terrorist units.

We have choose not to take government fund for developing such systems because it will take YEARS AND YEARS for permission and there are too much politics and ........(u know batter)

Instead we will approach to the Private firms and come our with much batter results in less time. :)

and regarding my 6th point, That PDA is mainly going to use for System setting pluse if we come up with batter software in future then it will change the software over air. (Means we can mail attachment to any were in the world form our office desk and our solider will upgrade it's system on battle field if he want !!!!) .

Entertainment is just a one of if, and ya we already finished it's design !!!

Hmnn, well hows much is the expected development cost? and How do You expect this to be done without any technical assistance like Labs and Other Facilities? are you doing it in group or is it a sole project of your own??? You look Innovative and if you can Get it right , Then I am sure We would get an upper hand among all the major armed forces in this world....

I personally Liked that Mid air upgradation... Download the program and Install it in your Computerized Suit? is that what you mean?

Hmnn, well hows much is the expected development cost? and How do You expect this to be done without any technical assistance like Labs and Other Facilities? are you doing it in group or is it a sole project of your own??? You look Innovative and if you can Get it right , Then I am sure We would get an upper hand among all the major armed forces in this world....

I personally Liked that Mid air upgradation... Download the program and Install it in your Computerized Suit? is that what you mean?

yes sir, u understand it correctly.

We are working in group. i am project leader. we all are engg. and have good job and doing this project to gather in after office hours.

There are few vary important technology which is essential for this development are solving with our self like software for LOOK AND SHOOT , actuators algorithm, structural strength analysis for housing various systems, Power source and so on.

We are making proof of our concept so private firm will ready to give fund to develop it further.

we will take help of private firms for technology like Armour(In which We are going to use modular armor, means solider can use diff type of armor which suits it's operation batter), costly prototype and various test on entire systems (Which are vary costly).

Private firm will earn good profit by selling this system to IA and other customer.

Thats A good Idea to come up with, as I said before You are an Innovativr guy, may your vision be Fruitful To the Armed forces and for the sake of humanity.... But is this possible? Because I have seen such things only in hollywood movies, and that too animated

Thats A good Idea to come up with, as I said before You are an Innovativr guy, may your vision be Fruitful To the Armed forces and for the sake of humanity.... But is this possible? Because I have seen such things only in hollywood movies, and that too animated

In start of the project many of my friend also don't believe us but ya after 3 years of work they started believing us. we will give our best to make it successful.

there are few design already available like,

and

and

But we Have added much more capability in it!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds awesome Yash, have you just done designs so far? Or have you made prototypes?

Its not that I dont trust, the only thing is , I can never Imagine this happening in India... If You guys are Into it, may you succeed.... How do you afford to build such stuffs? or just laying down a blue print and getting it done with the help of Companies Like TATA and L&T??

Just Yash,

Do you represent any company or institution?

In F-Insas Program Each soldier will be handling 1 Primary Ammo and 2 secondary ammo's, A chemical warfare resistant ballistic suit,Palm top for battle field navigation and To know The positioning of both enemies and allies, Solar Power Pack, And A Wireless Headset for battle field communication, A helmet with thermal sensors, video cameras ,chemical and biological sensors, integrated with a heads-up display monitor equivalent to two 17-inch computer monitors,Night vision Goggles..... Well this is all About the Modern Soldier of Indian Army, Wish It was there when I was In.... My son sure will have

Thanks for the info.

Want to add few things more...

1. Special weather-friendly fabrics for uniforms containing some medicines. If the soldier is wounded, it will release some medics with touch of blood (clot oozing blood). It will act as anti-septic, pain relief and mainly as a first aid kinda thing. The boots that will protect his legs even if he steps on a landmine. Sensors fixed in the boots will be used to charge the batteries.

2. F-INSAS will equip the soldiers with an advanced weapon system complete with efficient communication, position finding and tracking devices. Many new weapons also under development like new rifles, carbines, rocket launchers etc.... It would be able to fight at close quarters, tackle distant targets and monitor attacks coming from all directions and accordingly respond. the system would ensure that communication between the rifle and the soldier is done through electronic means.

3. Full network centric warfare. The communication system includes a computer based radio transmitter, a compact antenna, GPS, GIS all integrated with helmet display, laptop and wrist watch.

4. The soldier will carry a rechargeable power pack, a cooling system and a life monitoring system. This smart pack will also allow commanders to know whether a soldier in the field is alive, wounded or dead. If he is wounded, efforts can be made to rescue him.

5. DRDO will put chip/computer on every soldier that will monitor every subsystems and guide to every operation while the soldier become a system himself. Something like command, control and data storage. This was unveiled by DRDO chief way back in 2004.

6.. All the systems will be compact, modular, robust and all weather capable. All the soldiers in a group not need to carry all the equipments, they can share data with each other.

Look at this rifle I can see... four calibers!!!!

Last edited:
Sounds awesome Yash, have you just done designs so far? Or have you made prototypes?

Manufacturing and testing prototypes are vary costly, cant afford it, but we are solving technical bottle neck required.

once we do it ( i hope in few months) the we go to privet firms for more fund( i hope tata accept it because good financial condition and they already manufacture bullet proof jackets and vehicle )

And then after According to our assumption first system will be ready in just 2 years ( Ready means soldiers will start using it )

Last edited:
Its not that I dont trust, the only thing is , I can never Imagine this happening in India... If You guys are Into it, may you succeed.... How do you afford to build such stuffs? or just laying down a blue print and getting it done with the help of Companies Like TATA and L&T??

complete design including power source and actuator system, Plus Real working Power source and 10 : 1 size one leg design for proof of concept.

complete design including power source and actuator system, Plus Real working Power source and 10 : 1 size one leg design for proof of concept.

Tough job indeed, good going, hope to see that any time soon

Just Yash,

Do you represent any company or institution?

No, i don't.

I want to took opinion of Army men, that which kind of technology they want for there mission. so i ask MR. Indian army (I don't know his name but he is ret. army man)

Since our engg. college time we use to design some thing diff. for army just for a fun like small drone(Which was our final project for last year ;)) , camera with small display which can be fitted on gun so soldier can fire without taking his head out of safety.. and so on..

in last year of college i came up with this idea and i told them to my friends, they like it and so since last three year we are working on it...

Yash, how much money would you require to make a prototype?

It's not just about money yaar, in our group all have really nice job, so it's not only problem.

we required high tech lab and their machines like Composite laying machines for making honeycomb structure, big auto calve to cure it , ultrasonic and x-ray machines for checking defects. all this required only for structure Then we required costly manufacturing machines for embedding wire less sensors in powered suit, lab's for testing vibration and shock generated due to actuators.

then after we required real ceramic plates for Armour (Which is also serve the purpose of structural part), and we have to get it check under diff type to gun and grenade attack for that we required special permission from government.

For our LOOK AND SHOOT systems we have to present real data of Various Gun shooting, and for that we have to shoot many rounds with LOOK AND SHOOT systems and as u know for shooting we required license.

And so on..... this is just a few things

So we have decided that we will solve all the design problems and then take help of Big private defense firms. they have good financial support and all this equipment and gov. permission for above things. and they are doing business with gov. from long time so they know how it better then us. :)

ok just yash - First of all, many best wishes on your project and Iam sure with people like you the nation's future is bright...:)

ok Just a doubt -

For our LOOK AND SHOOT systems we have to present real data of Various Gun shooting, and for that we have to shoot many rounds with LOOK AND SHOOT systems and as u know for shooting we required license.

For this look and Shoot system - Do you need a bullet which will have a seeker or it will be directed to the target by laser?....or do you have any other basis?

Back
Top Bottom