What's new

New Delhi Seeks Heavy Machine Guns For F-INSAS

any one knows these guys belong to which battalion..?
and apart from this particular image i never seen such camo for any units :coffee:

can any one give me some info on the helmets they r wearing also the one indian soldier in second pic

can any one give me some info on the helmets they r wearing also the one indian soldier in second pic

The helmet worn by Indian soilder in the second pic is called "patka", they were initially designed for sikh soilders because of the head gear. It proved to be very successful that they have been issued to other soilders aswell.
They are bullet proof even agiainst AK-47.

these equipments look really amazing and the F-INSAS will surely benefit our soldiers...I belive even the CRPF should be trained and equipped in such a manner (I dont know if that is already planned) so that it helps them in the operations like green hunt againsta the naxals.

Against maoist, CRPF needs better training and to be more in number. Govt already approved required equipments for them.

r5075051176ug.jpg

2jezmkk.jpg

No offense....wats so most equiped about the gorkha battalian?our regulars are wear more gear then them?
And how many types of helmets are being used by indian army?
Also i reade on some indian site that IA wasnt happy with insas rifle?Also it only gives 3 bullet bursts isnt tht weak?

No offense....wats so most equiped about the gorkha battalian?our regulars are wear more gear then them?
Also i reade on some indian site that IA wasnt happy with insas rifle?Also it only gives 3 bullet bursts isnt tht weak?

my dear friend,the gear depends on the mission you will carrying out the helmets worn by gurkha soldiers are PAGST helmets effective against 9m,but not ak-47,the indian patka helmets have are made to give protection 7.62 mm round,everyone needs to understand that a bullet proof helmets simply does not makes a a man wearing it invinsible,all these above helmets are useless if klashnikov is fired frm a close range the even if the helmet stops the bullet the impact and the trauma will simply kill the man,ur neck wont be able to face the force...:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Now you talk about gear, a good gear comprises of body armour, a helmet,a tactical vest,and a communication set(depending)....can you show me a few pics to illustrate wht you meant just to clear your doubt just check out the given below video of gurka soldiers thier gear thier vest it will clear your doubt...

we have seen what various countries have in store for thier future soldier.i will posting wht all systems will cm in desi fiture soldier
:cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

This is the Insas Excalibur it has auto and semi-auto mode but the army is going for a new weapon and this one could be used by para-military forces

The global RFP (request for proposal) issued for a new assault rifle for the army stipulates that it has to be lighter than 3.5 kg. This straightaway knocks out INSAS which weighs 5.56 kg. But the OFB officials said it is impossible for them to bring out a lighter rifle.

The contract is now open for foreign vendors and some of the guns that are in the fray are the Israeli TAR-21, SAR-21 of Singapore Technologies, Belgian Herstal F-2000 and Swiss SIG SG 551

Israeli TAR-21

SAR-21 of Singapore Technologies

picture%5C55255114183.jpg

Belgian Herstal F-2000

F2000_FN_Herstal_France_Milipol_2003_01.jpg

Swiss SIG SG 551

main.php

Dark im talking about ur regular army not others.the guns uvs shown are also used by different units of PA..except isreali ones.

wat do u guys use for HMG and LMG?
and why do u have seperate helmets for sikhs?

Back
Top Bottom