What's new

National Air Defense Command (NADCOM) - Updates & Discussions.

While the Spada is a slightly better system in certain respects to this system so this basically covers up the bases and areas left by the inability to afford more SPADA batteries.
spada 2000 is an upgrade of aspide, or say ly60, which may correspont with ly600. it is not the same generation as ly80, both from the system and missle. while the missle is particularly out of date as a derivative of sparrow

thanks fir reply sir.but isnt it a fact that even bvr,s cant be trusted with there full range.!!

Hi,

You are correct on that-----re the BVR's---but the SA LR missiles are extremely deadly.

Is there anything like Anza III? We have been hearing about alleged Anza III for almost a decade but so far no confirmation.
idex2005001.jpg

Yes as per army recognition
Anza Mk-I:
The first MANPADS produced by Pakistan for use by the Pakistan Army. Development is believed to have been assisted by China and the design is similar to the Russian-made SA-7 Grail.
- Anza Mk-II: A third generation MANPADS based on the Chinese QW-1 MANPADS.
- Anza Mk-III: Based on the Chinese-made QW-2 MANPADS, modifications made to meet Pakistan Army requirements include a new firing unit similar to the Russian 9K38 Igla MANPADS.

idex2005001.jpg

Yes as per army recognition
Anza Mk-I:
The first MANPADS produced by Pakistan for use by the Pakistan Army. Development is believed to have been assisted by China and the design is similar to the Russian-made SA-7 Grail.
- Anza Mk-II: A third generation MANPADS based on the Chinese QW-1 MANPADS.
- Anza Mk-III: Based on the Chinese-made QW-2 MANPADS, modifications made to meet Pakistan Army requirements include a new firing unit similar to the Russian 9K38 Igla MANPADS.
Sir that is Anza MK-II and not MK-III

Well, the Patek is always better.
C:\Users\Arsalan\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif
No, it is a case of whatever my father have is better, ALWAYS!!
I am loving the views of our neighbors on PA possible procurement of Mi35s, overnight, the chopper have been declared junk now :P
And dear MR. Oscar :) you see you have been doing what we (you in fact) always ask us to refrain from, " Replying to Troll" :woot:. You see how they can engage you and bring people down to there level. :) :lol:

Anyway, on topic, the HQ-16 procurement will be a MASSIVE step forward in our ground based air defense system. They will complement the already existing SPADA that are more of a low-to-medium range system. The only thing is there is no port about anything happening in this regard on the internet.

While the Spada is a slightly better system in certain respects to this system so this basically covers up the bases and areas left by the inability to afford more SPADA batteries.
Plus SPADA 2000 have 25Km range
Also we do have to admit to the fact that MR-SAM have proved more effective then LR-SAM.
The Chinese developed HQ-16 to fill in the gap between HQ-7 short-range SAM and the HQ-9 long-range SAM systems, we can do the same IF we get a longer range SAM some day. That will complete a good three tire ground base air defense system. And, we do need a few batteries of long range SAM as well but can afford to leave that for a time when we have more funds available. For now SPADA is giving good base defense options and now if we do get HQ-16 that will further improve the situation,

LY-80 is a missile with a nax range of 45 km.
Why are Pakistanis thinking this as a LR-SAM. IT is more of a MR-SAM.

Anyways it is just the chinese copy of Russian Buk system.

I will take anything from Prasun with a pinch of salt.

No, it is a case of whatever my father have is better, ALWAYS!!
I am loving the views of our neighbors on PA possible procurement of Mi35s, overnight, the chopper have been declared junk now :P
And dear MR. Oscar :) you see you have been doing what we (you in fact) always ask us to refrain from, " Replying to Troll" :woot:. You see how they can engage you and bring people down to there level. :) :lol:

Anyway, on topic, the HQ-16 procurement will be a MASSIVE step forward in our ground based air defense system. They will complement the already existing SPADA that are more of a low-to-medium range system. The only thing is there is no port about anything happening in this regard on the internet.

Plus SPADA 2000 have 25Km range
Also we do have to admit to the fact that MR-SAM have proved more effective then LR-SAM.
The Chinese developed HQ-16 to fill in the gap between HQ-7 short-range SAM and the HQ-9 long-range SAM systems, we can do the same IF we get a longer range SAM some day. That will complete a good three tire ground base air defense system. And, we do need a few batteries of long range SAM as well but can afford to leave that for a time when we have more funds available. For now SPADA is giving good base defense options and now if we do get HQ-16 that will further improve the situation,

I think these systems are more geared towards the attack helicopters, since high flying fast moving jets are not really their target, especially if they are carrying 100km range Anti radiation missiles.

I think these systems are more geared towards the attack helicopters, since high flying fast moving jets are not really their target, especially if they are carrying 100km range Anti radiation missiles.
Surely it is all about what you can lure into your trap! Most of the weapons these days have counter measures and counter counter measures and you can keep adding counter in the start :) but this still do not cancel out the need for these systems. I mean, why even mentioned high flying fast moving jets with missiles, standoff strikes can also be served by ballistic missiles. Still these are not replacement of one an other.
SPADA and HQ-16 are both mainly base defense missiles that can engage any aggressor moving towards them, missiles, jets, helos, drones etc. What will be there efficiency or efficiency of any weapons platform against another one is a separate debate.

Back
Top Bottom