What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions count yaara, this is just a very heated topic. My own stand would be immediate MUTUAL demilitarization ON BOTH SIDES, in a phased manner obviously (regardless of who's got more troops stationed, although its likely to be us- we've got troops on the LOC to face off against the PAs and then troops for CI/COIN ops too). Both countries can retain what they hold currently in their territories and administer the security of the zones, but maximum autonomy is to be granted to the areas (Kahmir valley in our case- the jammu and ladakhi's won't like any pandering with their status) under the respective constitutions. Reinforcement of sharing of water resources in the area under the IWT- that's a must since there's huge trust deficit there. Eventually render the LOC a soft border with free trade and movement. This is just the super simplified version- the details are far too many. Some say we were close to an agreement like this, who knows? BUT most people in India and Pakistan will not even agree to this- our populations are going to hold on to our respective maximalist positions. I'd like to say that we can agree on a lot of things @Hyperion, @hinduguy, @Armstrong but on this they'll probably hand me my head and completely disagree with me. There I stuck my head out. :)

Hell no basically India lets go of the valley which is nothing when it comes to the total amount of land possessed by India in Kashmir and Pakistan has to open up the whole of its side for you to stick your fingers in?? Pakistan would never agree to this, never let you near gilgit.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Alpha1 :astagh: you should see Prophet after GOD and then your mother then anyone else!!

yes yes after all religious personalities, you!
Im just typing like a nut!

Opinions count yaara, this is just a very heated topic. My own stand would be immediate MUTUAL demilitarization ON BOTH SIDES, in a phased manner obviously (regardless of who's got more troops stationed, although its likely to be us- we've got troops on the LOC to face off against the PA and then troops for CI/COIN ops too). Both countries can retain what they hold currently in their territories and administer the security of the zones, but maximum autonomy is to be granted to the areas (Kahmir valley in our case- the jammu and ladakhi's won't like any pandering with their status) under the respective constitutions. Reinforcement of sharing of water resources in the area under the IWT- that's a must since there's huge trust deficit there. Eventually render the LOC a soft border with free trade and movement. This is just the super simplified version- the details are far too many. Some say we were close to an agreement like this, who knows? BUT most people in India and Pakistan will not even agree to this- our populations are going to hold on to our respective maximalist positions. I'd like to say that we can agree on a lot of things @Hyperion, @hinduguy, @Armstrong but on this they'll probably hand me my head and completely disagree with me. There I stuck my head out. :)

Isn't that the Musharaf Plan ? :what:

I liked that & I was listening to Pakistan's Ex Foreign Minister who is now a member of the PTI on how that is still very much on the cards & will be reactivated if PTI manages to form a Government.

At any rate it favors Pakistan exponentially more so than it favors India - So I like that ! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom