What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, I understand exactly what you are talking about. Sadly, our society ONLY works that way. Way out would require a great deal of sacrifice on your part, you'll have to say ADIOS to everyone you love, not contact them till you find out what you want out of life. Else, you'll be constantly and consistently blackmailed into settling for "next best thing". My advice, don't settle. Don't make such a big deal out of this pressure, speak to your parents when they give you examples for Dave, Suzie & Joe from the neighborhood --- tell them that you want something else!

Life shouldn't be about settling, no matter what! :drag:

Khair...thanks ! I think I'll stop embarrassing myself further with these sorry-arsed pitiful posts & just bow out ! Take Care...everyone !

But in your case, it sounds more like internal happiness you require than "something to show".

That is the only kind worth having ! That 'something to show' bit is something that I despise with such intensity that I'm practically a pariah amongst both my friends & my family !

Dude, I understand exactly what you are talking about. Sadly, our society ONLY works that way. Way out would require a great deal of sacrifice on your part, you'll have to say ADIOS to everyone you love, not contact them till you find out what you want out of life. Else, you'll be constantly and consistently blackmailed into settling for "next best thing". My advice, don't settle. Don't make such a big deal out of this pressure, speak to your parents when they give you examples for Dave, Suzie & Joe from the neighborhood --- tell them that you want something else!

Life shouldn't be about settling, no matter what! :drag:

Afghan muhajireen ban ke raho.

Aleka, ye kya naseehatein kar raha hai logon ko.

Bachay kharab karna teri purani aadat hai. :)

Armstrong is one of those people, that even if he had a sports car, a mansion, and a trophy wife would still not be happy.

Thats exactly the kind of hell that I'm talking about ! That pomp, that pretension is stifling to the point of torture ! There has to be a purpose in life that extends beyond 'buying stuff' & then feeling happy & useful about it !

Khair...thanks ! I think I'll stop embarrassing myself further with these sorry-arsed pitiful posts & just bow out ! Take Care...everyone !

That is the only kind worth having ! That 'something to show' bit is something that I despise with such intensity that I'm practically a pariah amongst both my friends & my family !

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Thats exactly the kind of hell that I'm talking about ! That pomp, that pretension is stifling to the point of torture ! There has to be a purpose in life that extends beyond 'buying stuff' & then feeling happy & useful about it !

Some people find happiness in the misery of others, while others find happiness in the happiness of others.

Invictus

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll.
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Yes I've read it before...most beautiful as always ! Thankyou !

By the way have you had the pleasure of reading Henry David Thoreau or Ralph Waldo Emerson ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom