What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Talon : Thats something that my Mom used to do ! Naturally I don't remember because I was around 2 when she was doing her MSc in Botany but I have a faint recollection of her taking me to her University a few years after & showing me the lab she used to work in & what she used to do there (I was probably 5-6 by that time !).

Last edited by a moderator:
@Talon : Thats something that my Mom used to do ! Naturally I don't remember because I was around 2 when she was doing her MSc in Botany but I have a faint recollection of her taking me to her University a few years after & showing me the lab she used to work in & what she used to do there (I was probably 5-6 by that time !).

Those pix I posted are of my BSc....My MSc has less pix!!

My PhD lab has no pix so far need to buy a camera...

Wow your mom has a MSc in Botany! :cheesy:
smiling_smeagol.jpg

Not my field should ask @Hyperion that!

I know thats why I'm asking why not ?

I asked my mom's cousin's husband the same thing & he said that he'd rather build stuff that helps humanity than that which kills them !

He worked for Texas Instrument & did his PhD from Caltech (I think thats what its called !) in super-conductors ! When his particular department was acquired by Raytheon he quit & joined another organization !

Dude you are not an engineer so you can't possibly appreciate what I am trying to convey.

All the machinery in 'HIT' is Chinese. I mean ALL of it. Are you kidding me. We don't have the ability to make a simple extrusion machine in Pakistan, ask me why .. ask me .. ask me....

Yara grow up. Simple bending and binding requires DOZENS of PhD's in that specific field to come up with the correct mathematics and then you need 10 times more of similar engineers in another speciality to work out a machining process to make a prototype and then that ... goes on and on and on...

You really don't want me to "bhanda phorna" here on PDF, do you?

Pakistan has some brilliant engineers... but they are all abroad! :D

As my dad put it recently. He was a visiting Prof to GIK. His words: ****, more ****.. and even more ****.. same sentiments at UET Lahore.... UET Pesh.... NUST etc etc etc

You need more? :blink:

Yaraaa believe kiii kiyaa baaat haiii - We've got nearly 400 hundred of the AKs equipping our army & around 2 squadrons of JF-17s flying about; which means that PAC Kamra & HIT are doing their job well enough ! Naturally you're not going to see research papers coming out of there; bakkiii the quality of research here in Pakistan is indeed, from what I've heard, is abysmal to say the least but PAC & HIT aren't measured by that yardstick !

Thats why I ask - Why didn't they do anything or any of the reverse engineering ?

I know thats why I'm asking why not ?

I asked my mom's cousin's husband the same thing & he said that he'd rather build stuff that helps humanity than that which kills them !

He worked for Texas Instrument & did his PhD from Caltech (I think thats what its called !) in super-conductors ! When his particular department was acquired by Raytheon he quit & joined another organization !

Well, as a kid when I visited Pak I saw alot of people MANY of whom had very little to eat it made me sad and I used ask why soo many are poor and die hungry...Was really a painful sight and well, keeping that in mind, I am interested in improving, enhancing and helping in the food department...And no making weapons which end up in the hands of the rich greedy buffons to make slaves out of others is not my cup of tea
how_to_make_a_cup_of_tea_using_the_microwave115cecca9c65f0de97f6.jpg

Those pix I posted are of my BSc....My MSc has less pix!!

My PhD lab has no pix so far need to buy a camera...

Wow your mom has a MSc in Botany! :cheesy:
smiling_smeagol.jpg

And a Doctorate in Environmental Management with her MPhil thesis on solid-waste management & her Doctoral thesis on the designing & feasibility of sustainable landscapes in Lahore as part of a larger policy on solid-waste management !

And a Doctorate in Environmental Management with her MPhil thesis on solid-waste management & her Doctoral thesis on the designing & feasibility of sustainable landscapes in Lahore as part of a larger policy on solid-waste management !

Nice parhi likhi family! Sad I can't boast much about mine
Sad-Cat-8.jpg

OK Pirates of Caribbean is finished
1347971128-0.jpg

Dude you are not an engineer so you can't possibly appreciate what I am trying to convey.

All the machinery in 'HIT' is Chinese. I mean ALL of it. Are you kidding me. We don't have the ability to make a simple extrusion machine in Pakistan, ask me why .. ask me .. ask me....

Yara grow up. Simple bending and binding requires DOZENS of PhD's in that specific field to come up with the correct mathematics and then you need 10 times more of similar engineers in another speciality to work out a machining process to make a prototype and then that ... goes on and on and on...

You really don't want me to "bhanda phorna" here on PDF, do you?

Pakistan has some brilliant engineers... but they are all abroad! :D

As my dad put it recently. He was a visiting Prof to GIK. His words: ****, more ****.. and even more ****.. same sentiments at UET Lahore.... UET Pesh.... NUST etc etc etc

You need more? :blink:

I agree that UET, NUST & GIKI aren't producing top-grade scientists but abbb itnaa bhii halaaat kharaab nahin ho saktaaa ! :undecided:

How did the Chinese get so ahead in this & the Indians & even the Iranians despite the sanctions ? :what:

So I guess I'm asking - Why for your 'ask me...ask me' ! :D

Indians aren't that ahead either. They "bought" everything with money, they call it ToT (transfer of technology) which actually is nothing. The transferring nations always keeps one key in their own pocket.

Look at Kaveri. Look at ALL of their "technology demonstrators" they are NOTHING but re-labelled products. Well, money can do that for you. Yes they are ahead of us, but not any way near to the developed nations.

Chinese work 18 hours a day. They don't sleep. They don't tire. They don't bullshit. They just research. They are basically my copies, but in hundreds of millions.

Iranians? Dude, are you kidding me. Sabb "topi drama" hai. 2.5 hours and they will be sent back to kingdom-come!

I agree that UET, NUST & GIKI aren't producing top-grade scientists but abbb itnaa bhii halaaat kharaab nahin ho saktaaa ! :undecided:

How did the Chinese get so ahead in this & the Indians & even the Iranians despite the sanctions ? :what:

So I guess I'm asking - Why for your 'ask me...ask me' ! :D

Nice parhi likhi family! Sad I can't boast much about mine

Some good it did to them - Mom's recommendations weren't entertained by any Industrialist she met because Seitth Sahib knows all & its cheaper to just dump it all in River Ravi instead of disposing it off properly ! :hitwall:

View from my balcony
550589_239530786179874_1445745216_n.jpg

Some good it did to them - Mom's recommendations weren't entertained by any Industrialist she met because Seitth Sahib knows all & its cheaper to just dump it all in River Ravi instead of disposing it off properly ! :hitwall:

Try overseas?! They are rubbish nazi!
tongue-sticking-cat.jpg

Indians aren't that ahead either. They "bought" everything with money, they call it ToT (transfer of technology) which actually is nothing. The transferring nations always keeps one key in their own pocket.

Look at Kaveri. Look at ALL of their "technology demonstrators" they are NOTHING but re-labelled products. Well, money can do that for you. Yes they are ahead of us, but not any way near to the developed nations.

Chinese work 18 hours a day. They don't sleep. They don't tire. They don't bullshit. They just research. They are basically my copies, but in hundreds of millions.

Iranians? Dude, are you kidding me. Sabb "topi drama" hai. 2.5 hours and they will be sent back to kingdom-come!

Yaraa achaa koiii worthwhile research Pakistan mein beith kar 'Finance' mein ho saktiii haiii ?

Because I've been deliberating going for an MSc in Finance & then a PhD & stick with the Academia instead of being someone's Munshi crunching away numbers or working insane hours getting next to nothing in return !

View from my balcony
550589_239530786179874_1445745216_n.jpg

How about an imagine of yours instead ? :azn:

Yara, I heard LUMS and IBA are pretty good at it. Seriously good I mean. Why don't you give them a try?

Yaraa achaa koiii worthwhile research Pakistan mein beith kar 'Finance' mein ho saktiii haiii ?

Because I've been deliberating going for an MSc in Finance & then a PhD & stick with the Academia instead of being someone's Munshi crunching away numbers or working insane hours getting next to nothing in return !

Yara, I heard LUMS and IBA are pretty good at it. Seriously good I mean. Why don't you give them a try?

Yeah they are good but more like the 'few good apples amongst a carton full of rotten ones' !

I did check them; neither of the two offer an MSc in Finance ! In fact the closest that any institution in Pakistan does is probably Government College University Lahore in 'Banking & Finance' !

Aur GCU isn't the Government College that was ever so coveted to get into perhaps 40 years ago - So that isn't a good option, I think !

Lolz...Watching Bones series now! :D
Cat-sticking-out-tongue.jpg

Emily Deschnel ! :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom