What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't tell me these look like mice! They were our 1st kittens from this cat :D
35209_414586183607_2221446_n.jpg

@Hyperion : Why haven't we been able to reverse engineer some of the military equipment that we've acquired over the years ?

I'm not talking about an entire Cobra Gunship but rather a few parts of it or that of the F-16s that we could have reversed engineered over the years to reduce our dependency on the US & the sanctions hitting us as hard as they did ?

Why ? I can understand that 'reverse engineering' is anything but an exercise in 'copy-paste' but surely we can't be so devoid of the relevant skill-set to not be able to reverse engineer some of the parts of World War 2 Era or early Cold War Era equipment ?

Aiwain hee bakwas karr raha hai. Reverse psychology. Women often fall in such traps, if not they can be easily engaged with such talk! :P

Tuuu bhii bohat kameenaa haiii ! :rofl:

Khair I meant what I said - You really should try it out sometime ! :tup:

Don't tell me these look like mice! They were our 1st kittens from this cat :D
35209_414586183607_2221446_n.jpg

No..not rats, more piglets this time around ! :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reverse engineering requires above average 'engineers'. Got it? :blink:

@Hyperion : Why haven't we been able to reverse engineer some of the military equipment that we've acquired over the years ?

I'm not talking about an entire Cobra Gunship but rather a few parts of it or that of the F-16s that we could have reversed engineered over the years to reduce our dependency on the US & the sanctions hitting us as hard as they did ?

Why ? I can understand that 'reverse engineering' is anything but an exercise in 'copy-paste' but surely we can't be so devoid of the relevant skill-set to not be able to reverse engineer some of the parts of World War 2 Era or early Cold War Era equipment ?

Reverse engineering requires above average 'engineers'. Got it? :blink:

Oh come on they're not that bad considering that they had input (quite a bit of it) during the designing of the JF-17, the AKs, their accessories & even the J-10B !

@Talon : Why choose the field of Botany or Plant Genome blaah blaah blaaah ! :D

Why not something else ? :what:

Something like working for Raytheon, General Dynamics, Rheinmettal etc ! :smitten:

Let me show you my BSc work...hehehehe hahahahha..

First it started with this

2612_60750778607_6817631_n.jpg

Which was became
2612_60751683607_4538995_n.jpg

and then
4232_79069948607_1336926_n.jpg

2612_60753083607_8331768_n.jpg

and then we filter it
2612_60751693607_1239284_n.jpg

and vacuum dried it to become
4232_79071663607_2436886_n.jpg

and finally weighted it
4232_79071668607_4441889_n.jpg

Nahin yara. Khudda kaa naam lo. I haven't seen ONE worthwhile paper in ANY International journal (Material Sciences) in the past one and half decade, which was worth my time.

Don't believe what people feed you. Those days are long gone when UET's produced talent. Now I just see subpar engineers coming out from GIKI / UET'S / and Nesty NUSTS of Pakistan.

Oh come on they're not that bad considering that they had input (quite a bit of it) during the designing of the JF-17, the AKs, their accessories & even the J-10B !

@Talon : Why choose the field of Botany or Plant Genome blaah blaah blaaah ! :D

Why not something else ? :what:

Something like working for Raytheon, General Dynamics, Rheinmettal etc ! :smitten:

Whats Raytheon? How can I GET into automobile? Well, I didnt want to go in Plants but in MSc most of the work was done on plants as it was cheaper and no ethical crap!

Genetics coz dhakla hi issi mein mila!

this will be me tomorrow
312439_541460939207165_931647416_n.jpg

Nahin yara. Khudda kaa naam lo. I haven't seen ONE worthwhile paper in ANY International journal (Material Sciences) in the past one and half decade, which was worth my time.

Don't believe what people feed you. Those days are long gone when UET's produced talent. Now I just see subpar engineers coming out from GIKI / UET'S / and Nesty NUSTS of Pakistan.

Yaraaa believe kiii kiyaa baaat haiii - We've got nearly 400 hundred of the AKs equipping our army & around 2 squadrons of JF-17s flying about; which means that PAC Kamra & HIT are doing their job well enough ! Naturally you're not going to see research papers coming out of there; bakkiii the quality of research here in Pakistan is indeed, from what I've heard, is abysmal to say the least but PAC & HIT aren't measured by that yardstick !

Thats why I ask - Why didn't they do anything or any of the reverse engineering ?

Whats Raytheon? How can I GET into automobile? Well, I didnt want to go in Plants but in MSc most of the work was done on plants as it was cheaper and no ethical crap!

Genetics coz dhakla hi issi mein mila!

Raytheon is a leading weapon's manufacturer & so is General Dynamics ! Whereas Rheinmettal (God knows what the spellings are !) is, I think, a metallurgical expert of sorts & they make gun, artillery, tank barrels !

Raytheon is a leading weapon's manufacturer & so is General Dynamics ! Whereas Rheinmettal (God knows what the spellings are !) is, I think, a metallurgical expert of sorts & they make gun, artillery, tank barrels !

Not my field should ask @Hyperion that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom