What's new

NASA praises ISRO, offers training for Indian astronauts

speech by the man who made first indian supercomputer.

rajiv gandhi went to usa to ask for supercomputing tech designs, they insulted and sent him back. he made a national mission to build one, in a country that didnt even know what a transistor. but in 3 yrs we built second fastest in the world.

now tell me should we go and cooperate with usa or bankrupt nasa??
Emotions take you no where when national interests are concerned. We have huge example of LCA. We had and has great relation with SU and then Russia, we could have got their help to build it and situation would have been completely different. What you see now for our quest of "Indigenous " fighter, most of the equipments and sensor are of foreign origin.

First fulfill your requirement and if possible work parallel to get on your own feet. A child learns faster to walk if they are taught by their parents rather than he doing it all alone.

USA no need of buttering......... we know how cunning you are.

But you forget we have evil yindoo baniya. :woot:

India should take the training and learn all the know how from USA.

And not to forget old friend Russia.

true sad, when chins needed the space suits and critical techs for their spce mission, they also went to russia. russia is the place if u want techs needed for space. american deals come with strings attached.

this is real good news people...
NASA has the most advance space program in the world n with their help we can save a lot of time in our space program along with reducing the chances of any errors:yahoo:

If utilized properly this partnership can really give a big boost to our space program:cheers:

It seems Indian is not looking to russians for help in their space program?
russian have very good space rockets...even american astronauts are using them.
in military where USA has more advanced tech you get it from russia, but in space tech where russian is better you turn to USA?
it would not make any sense, if you guys want to get ANY outside help which I would against If I were in your shoes, then I would pick Russians.

in military where USA has more advanced tech you get it from russia, but in space tech where russian is better you turn to USA?
it would not make any sense, if you guys want to get ANY outside help which I would against If I were in your shoes, then I would pick Russians.
Its an offer and NASA has worked with ISRO before, no wonder they offered this. It all depends on our requirement. Why not take best out of what's on table and with less hassle.

I dont think the GoI would go for any foreign help on this project!I mean come on ! Are we spending billions of $ on constructing Vyomonaut training facilities in Bangalore for nothing!We are going to do it on our own and no NASA VASA would be needed!!

India has the option to pick both, ISRO relies on some of its high tech supplies on Russia and USA.

India Cryogenic rocket engine has substantial amount of input from the Russians.

Actually Russia is the one and might be the only country who actually helped develop India's space program. Secondly mate its NASA that is offering training so it will be upto the ISRO and maybe the IAF to decide. On the other hand Russia is ISRO's main partner they have helped a lot in almost all fields and if I am correct they are also helping us in the second moon mission. So as far things go Russia is still quite ahead of US in terms of partnership with the ISRO.

Subject reads, NASA offers..that does not mean it’s a deal done...of course, we will evaluate what NASA is offering against our requirement, current capability and existing access to technology from friendly countries….

Subject reads, NASA offers..that does not mean it’s a deal done...of course, we will evaluate what NASA is offering against our requirement, current capability and existing access to technology from friendly countries….
I said in the my post" if you guys want to get ANY outside help which I would against If I were in your shoes, then I would pick Russians.".
I did not say you took the nasa offer.

Actually Russia is the one and might be the only country who actually helped develop India's space program. Secondly mate its NASA that is offering training so it will be upto the ISRO and maybe the IAF to decide. On the other hand Russia is ISRO's main partner they have helped a lot in almost all fields and if I am correct they are also helping us in the second moon mission. So as far things go Russia is still quite ahead of US in terms of partnership with the ISRO.

I think russian are very good at the rocket engines, I think in terms of quality it self of the space craft and so on. I would pick NASA. but for rocket engines Russia is the best.

do u guys even know that the process for selection for astronauts has already begun and 3 labs have been created for training by indian air force and drdo.

It ain't about picking between russians n americans we didn't went out asking for help to anybody
Its just a goodwill gesture from NASA to ISRO
n NASA do have one of the best infrastructure for astronauts in the world n they really have lots of experience in human space mission

N as far as russians r concerned we r already partnering with them in our Chandrayan 2(india's 2nd moon mission) they will be providing us with the rovers :cheers:

^^^Most people are unaware of this news!The process of Astronaut selection from amongst the best in the IAF has already begun and various high tech facilities are coming up!!

^^^Most people are unaware of this news!The process of Astronaut selection from amongst the best in the IAF has already begun and various high tech facilities are coming up!!

yess ur right, where did u read it though. i will post my source later.. :)

Back
Top Bottom