What's new

NASA praises ISRO, offers training for Indian astronauts

With this phrase, i am sure you have never learned the history of the Chinese space program.

Our rocket technology is much closely related to the US counterpart than the Russian one, because our early leading rocket designers were all the oversea graduate students from US.

When we launched our very first satellite in 1970, it was the era of the Sino-Soviet conflict, meanwhile we got sanctioned by USSR, and how could they help us to develop our space program? :coffee:

then why is ur space suit is russian made??? :blink:

Sometimes I wonder if these dimwits aren't dimwits after all, just plants to say really stupid things and make us look bad.

Hopefully you are referred to those few "dimwit individuals" of your countrymen.

Russia has sold some tech of their space suit to us, because they knew that China had the capability to develop its own space suit soon or later.

So they sold us earlier to make few more bucks, while we can speed up our development, so this was a win-win situation for both.

Russia only considers its own national interests as the first priority, not that they are really willing to help China. :coffee:

If India can conduct its own manned space mission one day, then i will be pretty sure that this will belong to India's own capability.

Even the foreign technologies may be involved, because these foreign countries must be known that India can develop its own with or without their help, so they will sell these technologies to earn some quick cash.

BTW, to respect other's achievement is a respect for yourself. :coffee:

Hopefully you are referred to those few "dimwit individuals" of your countrymen.

Russia has sold some tech of their space suit to us, because they knew that China had the capability to develop its own space suit soon or later.

So they sold us earlier to make few more bucks, while we can speed up our development, so this was a win-win situation for both.

Russia only considers its own national interests as the first priority, not that they are really willing to help China. :coffee:

If you had started your comment with, "It is to be hoped....", i would have agreed readily.

india should side with russia on this project, if we need any help. i dont think we will. gslv mk 3 is ready and on the launch pad. the design of orbital vehicle is ready. the software and heat shielding have been developed using the sre project. india has a complete network of communication sats and soon gps will be in space.
hard stuff is done..
the stuff that needs to be done is crew support system, suit, crew escape system(targeted for testing in 2012).

india should side with russia on this project.

When you are 100% ready to develop everything, they will voluntarily come here to ask you to make a joint development.

But the point is; will you still need their technology when you are capable to handle everything? Well, it depends the price, and you have far more options at that time as everyone is willing to sell you the relevant technology. :coffee:

When you are 100% ready to develop everything, they will voluntarily come here to ask you to make a joint development.

But the point is; will you still need their technology when you are capable to handle everything? Well, it depends the price, and you have far more options at that time as everyone is willing to sell you the relevant technology. :coffee:

i am not able to figure out what else than some basic stuff like space suit, we could need. rocket is ready, reentry tech is ready, the orbital vehicle is designed and a prototype built, communication sats are in place and by 2014 we will have our gps. Details are not out yet. But work on all other techs is on.

i am not able to figure out what else than some basic stuff like space suit, we could need. rocket is ready, reentry tech is ready, the orbital vehicle is designed and a prototype built, communication sats are in place and by 2014 we will have our gps. Details are not out yet. But work on all other techs is on.

Then, good luck.

When you are not ready, they only want to sell you the equipment, but not the key technology.

When you are almost ready, they will be willing to sell you the key technology before it is too late.

This world is full of snobs who only respect the hard power, and we can only convince these people with the achievement of our own hard work. :coffee:

U guys r already doing some grt work
I mean i have not seen a single country space program to grow at the pace at which iranians r moving

N believe me i see iran as the only country whose gonna put the next man in space after india :cheers:

You got that reversed. Iran is going to put a man on space before India can. India can talk about putting someone in space but it will just be empty talks. Iran would back up their talks with action.

dude whom r u making an idiot here????

russia is the only power in the world, that will give out any tech for money or weapons purchase. ur space suit is russian made and so are many critical techs in ur rockets. but i dont think that is a bad thing. i respect china for what it has achieved. :tup:

selection for indian astronauts have begun, and i am sure if india needed any help they will look towards russia not usa.

When will India finally select the astronauts?

If you had started your comment with, "It is to be hoped....", i would have agreed readily.

Thanks, i always knew you are one of the rational Indian members at least from the technological point of view.

No matter how US bashes China in its propaganda reports how China is 50 years behind them and blahblahblah...

They can maybe deceive other people, but they can never deceive themselves, because their actions already speak for themselves that they fear China will eventually surpass them.

If India is the one that US is trying every possible way to stop you, then you must have truly gained their respect as they are truly feared you to surpass them in the overall technology. :coffee:

You got that reversed. Iran is going to put a man on space before India can. India can talk about putting someone in space but it will just be empty talks. Iran would back up their talks with action.

Why do people say this?

Iran basically just started it's program. ISRO launched many sates to space including one to the moon. So it's not just talk. Ya, it might get delayed, but so what?

What Iran is working on is the Simorgh rocket which can carry 130 pounds.

mahmouds-missile.jpeg

images

Will launch in 2013.

r4.jpg

GSLV-MK-III payload fairing completes acoustic tests at NAL
copyright:By Anantha Krishnan M

11723442534c885d2778d2d.jpg

The second liquid Stage of the GSLV-Mk III called the L110. A ISRO file photo.
AVN25_PROPELLANT_27326f.jpg

GSLV Mk III booster(S-200) testing
scaledphpserver585filen.jpg

There is a clear difference in capability.

Last edited by a moderator:
TEDxNagpur - Dr. Vijay Bhatkar - India's Initiative and Rise in Exascale SuperComputing - YouTube

speech by the man who made first indian supercomputer.

rajiv gandhi went to usa to ask for supercomputing tech designs, they insulted and sent him back. he made a national mission to build one, in a country that didnt even know what a transistor. but in 3 yrs we built second fastest in the world.

now tell me should we go and cooperate with usa or bankrupt nasa??
necessasity is the mother of all invensions, had Rajiv not been in the Thron and some one else with BALLs like IG or Lal Bahadur, we would have not made a begging phase rather we would have initiated our own tech.
He with out invitation, begged for help in a land at a time which was supporting PAKISTAN directly against INDIA.

and just because one man who might have a congress affiliation or Rajivs friend is telling that INDIAs success is because of Rajiv, that does not mean every one will go by that.
secondly this one DR was not the only reason that a super computer was developed in INDIA, the development was a contribution of thousands of techncians, engineers, mathematicians who did not see the lime light because the one who represented the success is a congress sotgoos

sorry but no we dont want anything from them. :no:
talk for your self mate, I have no interest is supporting in your point. if any one else who have better accomplished some thing earlier and are ready to support us for any reason be it political or sceintific.
we have to jump on that band wagon and get the know hows quick rather than experiment for the next 20 years to understand some thing man has already accomplished.
CHINA did exceptional in space tech because they had a very strong spying agency that exeptionaly got the know hows of space and fighter techs that we have not done, and when the know how is offered by the gaints i would technially take the hands and keep my polictics in a seperat wagon

talk for your self mate, I have no interest is supporting in your point. if any one else who have better accomplished some thing earlier and are ready to support us for any reason be it political or sceintific.
we have to jump on that band wagon and get the know hows quick rather than experiment for the next 20 years to understand some thing man has already accomplished.
CHINA did exceptional in space tech because they had a very strong spying agency that exeptionaly got the know hows of space and fighter techs that we have not done, and when the know how is offered by the gaints i would technially take the hands and keep my polictics in a seperat wagon

that is ridiculous!

N how do u expect iranians to do that before india they have a SLV but it has a very small payload it will take them at least 10 years to do this that to if somebody is willing to provide them cryogenic technology

Where as we have have developed our own rocket GSLV MK III which is capable of doing this mission n it will be tested this year itself

So before u start ranting about india again do back it with some source:argh:

Back
Top Bottom