What's new

N-LCA out of the hangar

Congratulations to our india nmembers. It is a proud day for India to roll out the jet.However, being structurally complete and hjaving a worthy and capable machine are 2 different things. From the highlighted bits it seems you are still far away from actually flying. Static and stress testing will then start as the stress on the frame of a carrier based jet is much more than an ordinary land based jet.
Secondly it seems that IAF has shifted from the norm of having twin engined fighter to having a single engined fighter for carrier based function. FOr obvious reasons this is a risky step and is a step away from the norm.
I have pointed these things out entirely for the purposes of generating debate rather than flame baiting.So take it in that spirit.
Araz

Buddy LCA is a Light fighter, it does not not need Additional thrust as Compared to heavy Fighters Like Mig 29 or F-35or F-18 or Rafale etc.... A single Engine for a Light weight Fighter Is not risky at all....And India is the First In Asia To develop a Carrier based Modern Fighter Aircraft If Iam Not wrong

There Are Upward and Downward Deflection for this Levcon.... Downward Deflection would Decrease its Speed and It would be also Useful for certain Maneuvers and I think it is used to reduce alpha on upper body surface also, not sure
Very true,bro.LEVCON is primarily used for following functions.
1.Decreasing speed for carrier landings,also increases lift during approach.
2.increase the level of control at high angles of attack (AoA).

PAKFA carries a similar device and knowing russians they would not allow anything on their plane if it does not improve maneuverability.

Buddy LCA is a Light fighter, it does not not need Additional thrust as Compared to heavy Fighters Like Mig 29 or F-35or F-18 or Rafale etc.... A single Engine for a Light weight Fighter Is not risky at all....And India is the First In Asia To develop a Carrier based Modern Fighter Aircraft If Iam Not wrong

correct me if i am wrong:
russia has already this type of aircraft.
you can't say naval lca will has only single engine,bcoz eurofighter offer india twin engine for naval lca....

Very true,bro.LEVCON is primarily used for following functions.
1.Decreasing speed for carrier landings,also increases lift during approach.
2.increase the level of control at high angles of attack (AoA).

PAKFA carries a similar device and knowing russians they would not allow anything on their plane if it does not improve maneuverability.

Yes..... Thats the point:cheers:

you can't say naval lca will has only single engine,bcoz eurofighter offer india twin engine for naval lca....

Russia is Half Asia and Half Europe mate, and when did I Say lca will have only single engine as eurofighter offers india Duel engine for naval LCA, I was not even aware of this news untill you told...

It's a milestone that does mean we are done. It's a major milestone from here things will move faster. 5 years from now India will be at different level.

Congratulations to our india nmembers. It is a proud day for India to roll out the jet.However, being structurally complete and hjaving a worthy and capable machine are 2 different things. From the highlighted bits it seems you are still far away from actually flying. Static and stress testing will then start as the stress on the frame of a carrier based jet is much more than an ordinary land based jet.
Secondly it seems that IAF has shifted from the norm of having twin engined fighter to having a single engined fighter for carrier based function. FOr obvious reasons this is a risky step and is a step away from the norm.
I have pointed these things out entirely for the purposes of generating debate rather than flame baiting.So take it in that spirit.
Araz

IAF has nothing to do with N-LCA. It is for the naval airforce which has always used single engined planes Harrier,Alize and only now has got the Mig 29k which is twin engine.

Please someone elaborate on engines.

Without own indigenous engine/R&D this plane is not worth calling indigenous. Please correct me that at sea level less thrust or HP of kaveri engine will be sufficient enough to power this plane.
Regards

The Aircraft looks same as trainer version with awkward looking landing gear. Hope this will work. Congratulations ADA & HAL.

tx
Srini

dude they have renforced the landing gear for carrier operations

Araz

IAF doctrine if different from that of Indian Naval Air Arm - of Indian Navy. IIRC, Indian Navy has always operated single engined aircraft from its aircraft carriers. And this is just following the tradition. Recent induction of twin engined MiG-29Ks is a departure from that tradition. There is also a RFI out from IN for combat aircraft to be based on Indian carriers, and twin engined jets are also considered for that.

Brother, I believe you are quoting from this source,if yes then please note...

“We are offering two variants of the EJ200, bidding for the India's LCA Mark-II which can be altered through a software change to suit the requirements for the naval version of the LCA,” Eurojet Vice-President Sales Paul Hermann told a group of journalists here.

It's not a 'dual' engine but a 'dual use' engine. LCA will stay a single engined fighter and it works just fine for IN.:cheers:

VKSL8419-780437.JPG

For me ...that pic is best ..... cause this is with our Indian Flag

Jai Hind

Please someone elaborate on engines.

Without own indigenous engine/R&D this plane is not worth calling indigenous. Please correct me that at sea level less thrust or HP of kaveri engine will be sufficient enough to power this plane.
Regards

Wrong, poor logic.

IMG_0661-747729.JPG

IMG_0664-749736.JPG

IMG_0668-751304.JPG

soon we will be seeing them on the flight decks of ins vikramaditiya and ins vikrant !!!

VKSL8403-776719.JPG

Love the looks, looks quite like the Sukhois with its downward nose. And it looks larger than the original LCA which makes it more domineering.

I just want to know that is it the Naval Variant or the Naval-Trainer Variant?????????
As you can see in this image, at the right-hand top, it is written Navy Trainer.
However, the news and the discussions are pointing towards a Naval Variant.

Which one's correct??????????

Back
Top Bottom