What's new

Myth of United India -- Democracy or Hypocrisy

Where did you get this saying “were rich gets richer and poor gets poorer.” American liberals, oh I am sorry Progressive now, sayings.
Where did you get the idea of upper caste do not live in rural area.
Economic reform is a change to urbanize, and it takes time. And what is the comment about a Gun, well never mind!!

I think the quote about rich-poor is a Communist one, not American liberal. It is pretty old and has basis on monopolies controlling means of production. It is widely held by economists (not proved) that libertarianism will lead to income inequality. I think it is a fair thing to say in a debate on mainstream economics.

Upper Caste-rural quote I don't know - Maybe he is not Indian and that's how he perceives it (he refuses to say where he is from). It is certainly not been my observation. Thanks for your personal anecdote.

I absolutely agree about reforms taking time. The quote about guns was because I rephrased Mao to say that "revolution comes from Industries and urbanization" and he is sticking to the original (which is that political power comes from barrel of a gun).

Argue with some logic and hard facts Gulshan. This noting but patriotic statement, not that there is anything wrong with that.

I know very well fact. India is united, is that not fact?

Is India united, yes. Does it have some problems due to its diverse cutlure, and beliefs, Yes.

Indian diversity is strength, not weakness. It is the cause of our unity.

You can say samething about Pakistan and China.
Pakistan has Bloach, Sindh and FATA problem.
China has Tibet and Chinese muslim problem.

As matter of fact Canada has that problem to, where french Canadians want thier own country.

So what you are trying to say? Some people post useless article with no fact. Why you waste time argue with them if their ears are closed to facts but only want to dream.

I am seeing list of articles on this forum. Most of them taken from rubbish website. Not worth debating. No mature discussion.

Indian diversity is strength, not weakness. It is the cause of our unity.

Couldn't agree more.

So what you are trying to say?

Some people have thier mandate set to just to bash India. Even though they are in the same boat.

Some people post useless article with no fact. Why you waste time argue with them if their ears are closed to facts but only want to dream.

Well, it's thier dream and we try to tell them how silly they are because they are ignoring the same problems at thier home.

I am seeing list of articles on this forum. Most of them taken from rubbish website. Not worth debating. No mature discussion.

Just ignore it, dont loose your cool. Besides it's another article posted by Communist, you know it's going to be against India.

India is still a union by its constitution, India is a federal union and so India is not like a monolithic idealism.

As for minimum wages this link is useful:

Minimum wage questions for different states in India

In most of the states RS 70/80 per day is the actual minimum wage. But the contractors reduce the money capitalizing ignorance of the laborers.

India was a union of states prior to the constitution, but it is not one post the constitution. It is a republic with a single sovereign. It is a country with different cultures and languages, but we have a right to employment everywhere and discrimination based on origin prohibited. So if I don't like a place, I can always move. Even better, I can involve myself in the political process of any part of a country (as long as I live there), so I can even change things if I don't like it.

And about Tamilnadu having AIDMK and North India not - Naxalbari is in Bihar, Bhoodan (voluntary land reform) movement started in the north, Mayawati is ruling UP. I think economics are the same everywhere irrespective of language.

And about minimum wages, I was talking about National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) which sets a minimum wage of Rs. 150 for anyone willing to work. Some states have pushed the wages down to Rs 110. But as a guranteed minimum wage, I am cool with that.

NREGA(National Rural Employment Gurantee Act)

NREGA scheme affected as government lowers minimum wage (Will end recession, spur employment)

In north India, I have lived in Lucknow, Kanpur and traveled to Bihar.(Oh and Noida/Delhi if they count). I have had more problems because of my accent ( I speak textbook hindi and Hyderabadi Urdu) than my caste. I've never been stopped from talking, eating or living with anybody. My name does not indicate my caste, nor do I look anything other than an average Indian.

I guess we are talking the same thing at this point. The difference of opinion I have is that I am much more optimistic, while you seem to believe that India is similar to what was the case a 1000 years ago and cannot be changed.

The rise of Hindus to the realm of Indian politics occurred while the British ruled.They had long served under the Muslim charge, and now saw their way to the top by licking the boots of their new gora masters. What a pity! They shamelessly stabbed their Muslim brethren in the back who in their rule of 1000 years had treated them as equals. Whereas the British enslaved them, brutally murdered them and trampled over their customs and values.

Wow, what an assh*le author!!

Muslims were 'masters' for 1000 years. And when British came, they suddenly became 'brethren'. :hitwall:

And who the hell told the author that "People were happy under Mughal ruling"?

I am from Maharashtra. Ever heard of 'Shivaji'?

In 1984, Indira Gandhi, daughter of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and the then Prime Minister was assassinated by Sikh separatists.

And he did **** again!!

It seems he never listened to history classes. :lol:

And now that 'Sarkar Raj' thing.

Why you always come up with same 2-3 examples? There must be at least 5/6 riots in India per year. If Muslims have taken damage in only 2-3 cases out of hundreds of them, I must say "Hindu is endangered species in India". :rofl:

Torpedo =Shivaji fought against -AURANGZEB - who was the evil king,As u beng indian must know all about him.
I think the empire of moguls - from 1556-1658 was great and even babur and humanun wasnt that bad afterall. This is actually is good time when india became a indopercian cultural hub.
yeh some kings who ruled before them were evil . like gauri gannavi etc.
More over most later muslim were converted from hinduism.
I think - after Ashoka - akbar was the one who made india as one country.

Yes i agree muslim were not under any big problem from hindu since i know a little history from my - family. It was more of political dilemma created by some politicians.

Torpedo =Shivaji fought against -AURANGZEB - who was the evil king,As u beng indian must know all about him.
I think the empire of moguls - from 1556-1658 was great and even babur and humanun wasnt that bad afterall. This is actually is good time when india became a indopercian cultural hub.
yeh some kings who ruled before them were evil . like gauri gannavi etc.
More over most later muslim were converted from hinduism.
I think - after Ashoka - akbar was the one who made india as one country.

Yes i agree muslim were not under any big problem from hindu since i know a little history from my - family. It was more of political dilemma created by some politicians.

No, Shivaji did much more than that. I can't type all that here. Please refer to some good sources about Shivaji.

Yes, there were good and bad kings in Mughals. But, I never said "All of them were evil". My objection is for the statement "They treated Hindus like brothers for 1000 years".

Very good. You want progress and that impressed me. But how can you eradicate caste identity (remember identity) without eradicating Hinduism? Because if you convert yourself into Hinduism, you need to have a caste identity? Mention any Hindu who does not have a caste identity. You cannot. Never. Look, in order to become a Hindu, you need to be ascribed a certain social and ritual ranking which is of course tuned to your economic status. You are not a Hindu, if you do not belong to any caste. Without entering the caste structure, none can become Hindu.

I am a hindu and I dont identify anyone by their caste. This "holier than thou" thinking of your's is the real thing that demarcates a sane and a fanatic. When I dont look at a muslim as a muslim, but as my friend and as an Indian, then I dont think anyone else has the right to tell me whose religion is superior.

Next, about this fake "secularism" status enemies of India, say it has. You may have a million supporting your "anti-indian" mindset, but we have a billion who think India is the most secular country in the world, and is a "real" democracy. And majority wins

Back
Top Bottom