What's new

Mysterious Pakistani Submarine .

BX-834-288S-29.jpg
BX-930-454N-03.jpg

so it was intentionally put out in the open to be picked up!

Well we cant just write off an indigenous nuclear submarine of our own which was talked about a lot earlier in the decade and a total dead silence afterwards. It could well pop up out of nowhere as well! I like this strategy.

Looks they were doing some work after all. I hope they expand the project into a shallow-water attack submarine program, and not stop at solely a SOF insertion platform.

That said, what if you develop an enlarged version of this design and load it with heavyweight torpedoes and ASCM, but make it unmanned/autonomous. Basically @Armchair's idea of sending a swarm of these things towards India's naval assets.
Swarming is perfect strategy against naval and air bases. Cheap. Autonomous and very hard to defend against

If they can be equipped with AIP, and the latest torpedoes and anti-torpedo systems (Turkey can be a potential source), these subs might prove to be quite deadly...

https://www.dailysabah.com/defense/...purchase-turkeys-domestic-anti-torpedo-system

Having these with the capabilities you stated can act as a force multiplayer for our navy.
Employed in large numbers will allow us to swarm the Pakistani coast line creating a barrier of sort.

Swarming is perfect strategy against naval and air bases. Cheap. Autonomous and very hard to defend against

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

I was thinking the same before I posted and then read your comments.
This is the best strategy to fight a numerically bigger enemy. The ocean would provide cover as the jungle did for the Vietnamese.

Looks they were doing some work after all. I hope they expand the project into a shallow-water attack submarine program, and not stop at solely a SOF insertion platform.

That said, what if you develop an enlarged version of this design and load it with heavyweight torpedoes and ASCM, but make it unmanned/autonomous. Basically @Armchair's idea of sending a swarm of these things towards India's naval assets.
Is this by any chance a miniaturized submarine ?

Is this by any chance a miniaturized submarine ?
It looks like a miniature submersible at least. I don't think it's a serviceable platform though (or as Sutton said, purely for SOF insertion).

But I do think we could see a long-term effort towards this technology, so a true SWAT boat could come 5-10 years down the line.

Having these with the capabilities you stated can act as a force multiplayer for our navy.
Employed in large numbers will allow us to swarm the Pakistani coast line creating a barrier of sort.

@Bilal Khan (Quwa)

I was thinking the same before I posted and then read your comments.
This is the best strategy to fight a numerically bigger enemy. The ocean would provide cover as the jungle did for the Vietnamese.
Actually I have been working on something for a couple of months but cannot actually start until i get back to the UK with ex uni friends

That would be insanely expensive bro. Idea of unmanned subs further add complexity to it as I suppose that Underwater combat is quite different than Aerial combat, Only mode of communication is wireless which can prove fatal, Loss of communication, Jamming, Area disturbance via Sonar waves.

This will result in loss of a very expensive asset.

Instead, SLBMs and SLCM capable submarines are better idea, Or destroyers with VLS to launch a barrage of CMs

I thought the picture is old
Kia pata, GMaps update randomly

Back
Top Bottom