What's new

Mysterious Pakistani Submarine .

Secret is out bro. Any tid bids? Our design?

I want a Pakistani designed submarine. It builds our industry, provides us jobs and infrastructure.

That said a joint venture and JV on sub systems is always welcome.

It's a secret till it isn't officially announced.
Which will never happen.

We had a very extensive experience in building these subs during the previous Italian X Craft project. It paid off.

Just enjoy and pray to ALLAH for help.

It's a secret till it isn't officially announced.
Which will never happen.

We had a very extensive experience in building these subs during the previous Italian X Craft project. It paid off.

Just enjoy and pray to ALLAH for help.
I hope they are making lives miserable for our enemies and protecting our people.

If its so super secret I can guess a few things.

1) It has lots of bells and whistles which we don't wish to announce.
2) It has been used extensively.
3) It has been used enough that our adversaries likely know about its existence so we no longer make an extra effort to hide it.

It does make me think, what other surprises we have instore.

I hope they are making lives miserable for our enemies and protecting our people.

If its so super secret I can guess a few things.

1) It has lots of bells and whistles which we don't wish to announce.
2) It has been used extensively.
3) It has been used enough that our adversaries likely know about its existence so we no longer make an extra effort to hide it.

It does make me think, what other surprises we have instore.
They might not showcase this specific unit, but if our submarine development expands to more ambitious projects -- e.g., ASW/AShW-capable mini-SSKs and full-sized AIP-equipped subs -- we'll start hearing about it.

They might not showcase this specific unit, but if our submarine development expands to more ambitious projects -- e.g., ASW/AShW-capable mini-SSKs and full-sized AIP-equipped subs -- we'll start hearing about it.
True. However do note that even our acknowledge X Craft are pretty secretive, even by Submarine forces standards.
So if this really has advanced stuff (like say deep-sea diving, perfect for placing bugs on cables), integral ROV's and long endurance etc, it stands to reason we wouldn't acknowledge it.

When is the Quwa article? Better not be premium.

Didn't you write an article about Pak-Turk midget sub???
Looks they were doing some work after all. I hope they expand the project into a shallow-water attack submarine program, and not stop at solely a SOF insertion platform.

That said, what if you develop an enlarged version of this design and load it with heavyweight torpedoes and ASCM, but make it unmanned/autonomous. Basically @Armchair's idea of sending a swarm of these things towards India's naval assets.

Didn't you write an article about Pak-Turk midget sub???
I wrote about the midget sub program listed in the MoDP yearbook. The Pak-Turk project was only a proposal by STM, I don't know if the PN signed onto it or not.

https://quwa.org/2017/05/23/pakistan-mini-submarines/

The mystery sub we're all looking at looks like a SOF-focused thing, not a shallow water attack (SWAT) boat. The latter would have full AShW, ASW and even ELINT capabilities. Think of the Agosta 90B or Hangor, but a smaller package.

That said, I do hope we have a SWAT boat of our own (alone or with a partner).

It could be a lower cost way to build our submarine fleet numbers. Adding 12 to the 3 Agosta 90Bs and 8 Hangors would practically make ASW in our EEZ impossible -- more so if we factor in shore-based JF-17s, coastal AShMs, FACs, etc, too.

Could midget subs be used as EW platforms like PAF uses Falcon 20.
I wrote about the midget sub program listed in the MoDP yearbook. The Pak-Turk project was only a proposal by STM, I don't know if the PN signed onto it or not.

https://quwa.org/2017/05/23/pakistan-mini-submarines/

The mystery sub we're all looking at looks like a SOF-focused thing, not a shallow water attack (SWAT) boat. The latter would have full AShW, ASW and even ELINT capabilities. Think of the Agosta 90B or Hangor, but a smaller package.

That said, I do hope we have a SWAT boat of our own (alone or with a partner).

It could be a lower cost way to build our submarine fleet numbers. Adding 12 to the 3 Agosta 90Bs and 8 Hangors would practically make ASW in our EEZ impossible -- more so if we factor in shore-based JF-17s, coastal AShMs, FACs, etc, too.

This is an old project and indigenous development.

IMG_20200415_175835.jpg

This boat could have ELINT capabilities. Especially since if it is designed to be fitted out according to mission specs.

Back
Top Bottom