What's new

Myanmar first country to purchase JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

Patriotism to me is not to deny your country is ever wrong. Patriotism is to speak up for what you think is best for your country. It's called objectivity. This might be a new concept for you so I'll give you time to let it sink in.

It would also be nice if you gave your opinion as to why China doesn't induct any FC-1's

Exactly, the main motivator seems to be cost. Which I don't like.
if Burma does not like the fc-1 dig deeper in to your pockets and buy the fc20. but you cant as Burma can't afford it. it uses trainers(k8) to bomb people so the fc1 is your best bet as specified. the fc1 is for countries with very limited budgets. which Burma has a limited budget.

Doubt that. In fact this act will further isolate Pakistan from the neighborhood.
Why??

You think India is going to to war with Myanmar soon... What Isolation ?
Tomorow you are going to here JF-17 sales to Sri Lanka and then you would have a similar logic..

Doubt that. In fact this act will further isolate Pakistan from the neighborhood.

How so?
And what neighborhood?
Is that India, Afghanistan, Iran or China?
Who'll be irked much to make us feel isolated upon completion of this deal or deals that we are going to make with Myanmar?
Also what sort of isolation we are talking about here?

You shall check wiki again for JH-7 spec before you made that comment again abt JH-7.
China is rich. Do I need to remind you we have the highest military budget besides US and our weapon never cost as much as US ones. So you can imagine our spending power. Replace all J-7 with J-10 is possible at 1:1 ratio.
i hear china wants 1200 j10's is that true? 500 is a lot but let say you fight a two front ware you will need a huge amount of fighters.

How so?
And what neighborhood?
Is that India, Afghanistan, Iran or China?
Who'll be irked much to make us feel isolated upon completion of this deal or deals that we are going to make with Myanmar?
Also what sort of isolation we are talking about here?

Pakistan must be having a particularly poor lot in foreign policy planning. Afghanistan is hostile. Iran is unfriendly. The Saudis feel betrayed. India is of course the enemy. Almost deliberately Pakistan has refused to appreciate BD's difficulties so that she is loosing friends there. And no Muslim country will appreciate the sale of JF-17s to Burma.

its the opposite it will mean countries will go to Pakistan and purchase weapons systems from there . systems such as bombs, glide bombs, heavy artillery, and general guns . you need to remember Pakistan is not a small country. its a big country with a big army and a big defence industry. and also don't forget Bangladesh has also purchased some Pakistani trainers. yes i know they came from china but . the k8 aircraft is a joint venture and Pakistan also participated in this sale . even if it is only for 9 jets.

I really don't know what to think of this but I'll try
  • Please provide a link for PLAAF's Handbook of Air-Warfare, from which you so confidently claim to know its modernization plan and its doctrine
  • 'a single engine multi-role aircraft does not factor in their up-gradation plans as they would want to induct dedicated strike aircraft in its stead.' I would like to present to you Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  • The only 'dedicated strike fighter' in induction or dev. is the JH-7B. All others are multi-role.

1. If you expect all of PLAAF's combat doctrine to be compiled into a book form for your convenience, you really have to learn a lot about how militaries operate and devise their strategies. China's military has undergone massive overhaul both in terms of structure and equipment since the mid to late 90s in line with their modernization agenda.

2. The J-10 is the only single engine platform among six that the PLAAF is adopting as it phases out older planes.

3. Other than the J-10, right from J-11 to the Russian supplied MKKs, all the platforms that the PLAAF is adopting are primarily air superiority aircraft, In today's world, all aircraft are essentially multi-role and very few air forces have the resources to develop dedicated bomber aircraft as it is a costly and outdated tactic. However, the main role for which an aircraft is developed defines its role in the greater scheme of an air force's strategy.

You shall check wiki again for JH-7 spec before you made that comment again abt JH-7.
China is rich. Do I need to remind you we have the highest military budget besides US and our weapon never cost as much as US ones. So you can imagine our spending power. Replace all J-7 with J-10 is possible at 1:1 ratio.
You've made my point. The JF-17 is the budget option.

if Burma does not like the fc-1 dig deeper in to your pockets and buy the fc20. but you cant as Burma can't afford it. it uses trainers(k8) to bomb people so the fc1 is your best bet as specified. the fc1 is for countries with very limited budgets. which Burma has a limited budget.

Exactly. I would rather we would have bought 10 MiG-35s with our limited budget.

Pakistan must be having a particularly poor lot in foreign policy planning. Afghanistan is hostile. Iran is unfriendly. The Saudis feel betrayed. India is of course the enemy. Almost deliberately Pakistan has refused to appreciate BD's difficulties so that she is loosing friends there. And no Muslim country will appreciate the sale of JF-17s to Burma.
i don't think banladesh is exactly the best country in the neighbourhood.

1. with regards to Afghanistan switch the tv on and read the news regarding Pakistan and Afghanistan.
2. iran is friendly with Pakistan and Iran knows that cross border firing are coming from proxy organisations.
3. the saudi's can handle them selfs and if the territorial integrity is threatened then Pakistan moves in. besides all there are doing is bombing any random person they see.
4. india. well the india conflict is never going to be resolved. that i admit.

if you ask some one do you know where Pakistan is they will say yes. where as if you ask where is Bangladesh they will say no.

Exactly. I would rather we would have bought 10 MiG-35s with our limited budget.
who's going to pay for it? each mig 35 is 38.5 million so thats 385,000,000 and thats excluding training weapons, maintenance, and servicing you have got mig 29's so similarities are there but jf17 is recommended

who's going to pay for it? each mig 35 is 38.5 million so thats 385,000,000 and thats excluding training weapons, maintenance, and servicing you have got mig 29's so similarities are there but jf17 is recommended
I've got no problem with Chinese fighters in principle.
mig 35 are basically updated mig 29' and we all know mig 29 are very expensive airframes to run and maintain. at any given time how many mig 29;s can you deploy

What a strange question. It would be around the same budget as the JF-17. The only advantage from this is quantity over quality. Plus I'm sure favourable financing deals and the odd kickback was offered. Actually the MiG was extensively studied and I'm still hopeful it is still in the pipeline.

I thought that was a given, the whole marketing campaign for the Thunder is the very fact that its the cheapest 4th+ gen mass production platform out there. Where countries had to buy second hand military hardware with little or no reverse compatibility with existing systems based solely on budget constraints, the Thunder was meant to appeal to that very niche market and was made a very adaptable platform to ensure that it could be easily tweaked to individual preference of buyer states.
So to summarize, are there better planes than the thunder out there? Undoubtedly!
Can a country hope to afford a new plane in this budget? Never.

The Mig-35 is not a production aircraft and 10 units are not enough to propel it into mass production, did you instead mean Su-35?

mig 35 are basically updated mig 29' and we all know mig 29 are very expensive airframes to run and maintain. at any given time how many mig 29;s can you deploy

Pretty much the full compliment was out flying on Independence Day so I would say the serviceabiliy rate is quite high.

I thought that was a given, the whole marketing campaign for the Thunder is the very fact that its the cheapest 4th+ gen mass production platform out there. Where countries had to buy second hand military hardware with little or no reverse compatibility with existing systems based solely on budget constraints, the Thunder was meant to appeal to that very niche market and was made a very adaptable platform to ensure that it could be easily tweaked to individual preference of buyer states.
So to summarize, are there better planes than the thunder out there? Undoubtedly!
Can a country hope to afford a new plane in this budget? Never.

The Mig-35 is not a production aircraft and 10 units are not enough to propel it into mass production, did you instead mean Su-35?

It was my understanding it was coming into production soon. I know that our AF have already evaluated it.

What a strange question. It would be around the same budget as the JF-17. The only advantage from this is quantity over quality. Plus I'm sure favourable financing deals and the odd kickback was offered. Actually the MiG was extensively studied and I'm still hopeful it is still in the pipeline.
what? same budget. jf17 is 25 million, mig35 38.5 million the budget is no where remotely near. i would assume the mig 35 may be in the works but even some (12) of your mig 29's are second hand

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom