What's new

Myanmar first country to purchase JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

It doesn't matter China induct or not. The relevant is you slap your own face by claiming JF-17 is crapped which your country airforce decided to induct it. Every ignorance insult is direct back at your own trolling.

Patriotism to me is not to deny your country is ever wrong. Patriotism is to speak up for what you think is best for your country. It's called objectivity. This might be a new concept for you so I'll give you time to let it sink in.

It would also be nice if you gave your opinion as to why China doesn't induct any FC-1's

china's economy is booming and growing a a very fast rate this is coupled with a big defence budget. the j-f is being replaced with j10's Pakistan's economy is tiny and can only afford fc-1's and a few j10b' which has just been recently cleared for export with Russian engines.

Exactly, the main motivator seems to be cost. Which I don't like.

Patriotism to me is not to deny your country is ever wrong. Patriotism is to speak up for what you think is best for your country. It's called objectivity. This might be a new concept for you so I'll give you time to let it sink in.
I am sure Myanmar air force see the merit which troll can't seen it. Again, your ignorance has nothing to do with Patriotism. Perhaps I can give you a few lesson on patriotism? Go brush up more knowledge of JF-17 and her capabilities before sprouting more nonsense.

I am sure Myanmar air force see the merit which troll can't seen it. Again, your ignorance has nothing to do with Patriotism. Perhaps I can give you a few lesson on patriotism? Go brush up more knowledge of JF-17 and her capabilities before sprouting more nonsense.

Give me your opinion as to why China doesn't fly FC-1's.

Give me your opinion as to why China doesn't fly FC-1's.
China has J-10, J-11B, J-16 J-15 , JH-7A. And you will noticed none of them are light weight fighter. J-10 is a medium weight 9tons fighter. Why would China still induct a 6-7tons fighter to complicated its own logistic? China is a huge country and we do not need light weight fighter.
But is every countries are as big as China? No.

..I can not stop myself laughing...This is a good thing from Myanmar...with low cost it will get a good value addition....But now how BD will react to it...What happened to your Muslim Ummah dear Zarvan...Did you not think about your estranged brother BD before selling it?

Do not worry....You know very well that Myanmar does not have any issue with India...they have only issue with BD only...Rather Myanmar is one of the few neighours where there is no wired boundaries in the border..
While our bangladeshi mates cheers for india why should we care about them

China has J-10, J-11B, J-16 J-15 , JH-7A. And you will noticed none of them are light weight fighter. J-10 is a medium weight 9tons fighter. Why would China still induct a 6-7tons fighter to complicated its own logistic? China is a huge country and we do not need light weight fighter.
You forgot the most numerous fighter in your air-force, the Mig 21 clone
Chengdu J-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

China has J-10, J-11B, J-16 J-15 , JH-7A. And you will noticed none of them are light weight fighter. J-10 is a medium weight 9tons fighter. Why would China still induct a 6-7tons fighter to complicated its own logistic? China is a huge country and We do not need light weight fighter.

Answers :

#1. Wrong, It has Already Inducted in Most numbers ( Over 550+ ).
#2. Wrong Again, You are Already Flying J7s , Which is NOT a LIGHTWEIGH FIGHTHER. YOU DO NEED IT ( For : The role of the J-7 in the People's Liberation Army is to provide local air defence )

But isn't it supposed to be diverse and multi-capable, not to mention they developed it? Are Pak's defence needs so divergent from China's that they won't induct a single squadron of a plane they developed?

If you read the history then you would have known there were two parallel projects. One was Pakistan specific JF-17 and the other China specific J-10.

You have around 500 J-7s still in service. Surely it would make sense to replace atleast some of them with FC-1s? Not to mention JH-7 is not a heavy attack craft. So we're back to where we were.

If you read the history then you would have known there were two parallel projects. One was Pakistan specific JF-17 and the other China specific J-10.

Unless the Doctrine has Changed, I feel JF17s were the best replacement for J7s.
Plus considering the export potential it would have done a miracle like F16s !

If China ordered JF17s ( over 300 , 1 JF17 for 2 J7s ) , it would have :

- Made the Total Initial order to over 500 ( PLAAF + PAF ) , bringing down the costs and time
- Would have increased the Future of Aircraft , and Research and Upgrade Possibly ( Initiated by the Manufacturer )
- Build better Confidence, As of Now Jf17 is the ONLY A/c in the world Manufactured ONLY/PURELY for Export

Anyway, what's done is done. Maybe there'll be some TOT as part of the deal. I'm still not giving up on my MiG-35 / Sukhoi hopes just yet.

You have around 500 J-7s still in service. Surely it would make sense to replace atleast some of them with FC-1s? Not to mention JH-7 is not a heavy attack craft. So we're back to where we were.
You shall check wiki again for JH-7 spec before you made that comment again abt JH-7.
China is rich. Do I need to remind you we have the highest military budget besides US and our weapon never cost as much as US ones. So you can imagine our spending power. Replace all J-7 with J-10 is possible at 1:1 ratio.

This JF 17 thunder sale is a dent in Indian prospects and relations to Myanmar.

Great Geopolitical and strategic move by Pakistan.

Doubt that. In fact this act will further isolate Pakistan from the neighborhood.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom