What's new

Myanmar-Bangladesh relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our last international war was a small spat with Thailand about 12 years ago. They kicked our *** with their air superiority. That got a lot of majors and some generals fired. In the 10 years since the Tatmadaw (Burmese army) has transformed itself from a light infantry based force into a modern 3 dimensional (land, air, sea) force, upgrading everything. They have spent unprecendented levels on arms in the past 10 years. They even built their own frigate! They have N. Korean scuds and are trying to build their own missiles. I just objectively do not see anything other than a heavy defeat for Bangladesh if you attack us. I will also add that you would unify the whole nation behind the army and ASEAN will shun you completely if you attack us.

hahaha...

There never was any 'international war' with Thailand. If there had been the case, then Rangoon would have already fallen to the Thais :laugh:

There was a border conflict back then. And by Thai air power, one RTAF F-16 flew past Burmese troops, and that alone scared them. Funny thing was that the F-16 was on a training mission :lol:
Yahoo! Groups
BBC News | ASIA-PACIFIC | Thai-Burma border talks fail

ASEAN was a Thai-Malay-Singapore brainchild. Ofcourse they are members. They are SOUTH EAST ASIANS. But don't forget that Malays and Indos have in the past allowed Rohingyas to die on the seas rather than give them sanctuary. So don't count on them too much.

And did they even reach that far? lolz...

Compared to the burmese guy with a coherent argument all others posts look like stupid, even Zabanya's.
And he talked exactly what I was talking about, ganging up (only in a better language than me).

My only point was that the Burmese stop throwing the Rohingya issue at us. Bangladesh is not a rich country, and does not have the resources to take care of all of them.

And they have created social problems for us. We already host tens and thousands of them already.

Does it seem fair for us to bear the brunt of Burma's problems? It is those people who started the whole ethnic violence and tensions themselves. We have had nothing to do with it in the first place.

And this recent flood of refugees have gotten Bangladesh at a very bad time.

Either way, they must be compensated, or those generals and community leaders responsible for inciting ethnic and religious tensions brought to justice.

If they stop spilling their problems over to us, then I'd have no problem with them.

^^^
I was talking about quality of argument in this thread was not supporting his arguments as such.

^^^
I was talking about quality of argument in this thread was not supporting his arguments as such.

His arguments are valid, but very biased. And he is wrong about some things.

Although I admit, some folks like idune are completely making a mountain out of a mole-hill regarding India this, RAW that, etc...

I wonder if that guy goes out very often :cheesy:

hahaha...

There never was any 'international war' with Thailand. If there had been the case, then Rangoon would have already fallen to the Thais :laugh:

There was a border conflict back then. And by Thai air power, one RTAF F-16 flew past Burmese troops, and that alone scared them. Funny thing was that the F-16 was on a training mission :lol:
Yahoo! Groups
BBC News | ASIA-PACIFIC | Thai-Burma border talks fail

- Them's fightin' words!

- I was talking about an earlier conflict in the same area. Not in 2001. I'll dig it up some time if I have the energy.

His arguments are valid, but very biased. And he is wrong about some things.

Although I admit, some folks like idune are completely making a mountain out of a mole-hill regarding India this, RAW that, etc...

I'm in a goddamn Bengali military forum. Ofcourse you'll think I'm being biased.

It's a common tendency of Bangladeshis to gang up against people and branding them troll when they fail in reasoning, I'm not surprised. I don't have almost 5k thanks through trolling.

Please don't show me how many thanks you got. I don't get fascinated by that and don't care. If there was an option called "Go to hell", I bet you wud get almost 15k "Go to hell" below joint you are smoking.'

Thank you

Please don't show me how many thanks you got. I don't get fascinated by that and don't care. If there was an option called "Go to hell", I bet you wud get almost 15k "Go to hell" below joint you are smoking.'

Thank you

And I'm sure you wouldn't have got one, people would have just ignored you.

After 100's of discussion posts; some jamatis are still wondering if that poster is Burmese or Indian.. :girl_wacko:

Its Bangladeshi, "Bengali" is often used by indians - that exposes even more of indian character along with tendency to hijack identity.

Why, just because I have dug out the truth about indian instigation and involvement with Myanmar rebels? Instead of paddling indian line of displeasure get yourself educated on true nature of indians. But one thing for sure I don't go out with stupid and BIGOT fundamentalist indian type.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-...st-india-support-indian-army.html#post3055929

Vijay Nambiar, U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon's special adviser on Myanmar, flew into the capital of Rakhine to visit Maungdaw, a town near the border with Bangladesh where the violence flared on Friday. He was accompanied by Myanmar's Border Affairs Minister General Thein Htay and 15 Muslim leaders from Yangon.

"We're here to observe and assess how we can continue to provide support to Rakhine,” said the envoy

Top UN envoy visits turbulent western Myanmar - The China Post

Things are moving in the right direction.

I don't think so...eyewash by UN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom