What's new

Myanmar-Bangladesh relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to present what the general Burmese position would be based on logic and reason. Infact, I'm sure it was you yourself who said that Myanmar would have noting to gain from allowing Kunming to link to Chittagong and I agree.

If general Burmese think the way you do, there's nothing to be based on logic and reason, psychos don't need these :chilli: :rofl: .

Precisely why then it serves Bangladesh to try to appease us. If an alternate route other than India is so important to BD, then BD should be bending over backwards to accommodate Myanmar. So far you've kicked up a fuss over oil and gas rights and are refusing to accept your Bengali speaking, muslim brothers. Some here even talk about funding insurgencies. I'm sure there are political minds in real life scheming such a thing. Do you think that's going to help relations between BD and Myanmar? I don't think so.

I hope, our stupid bureaucrats and politicians come to their senses that myanmar will not allow a direct Ctg-Kunming route through its land. When they are free of this expectation, the political/military establishment will formulate an Arakan policy on oits own merits, and unrelated to a connectivity.

Rohingya is not our citizens to begin with although they are our blood brothers who left us in 1430s. 1) Myanmar must give them citizenship, and 2) Allow more than 1.2 million refugees in Bangladesh and other countries to come back with full rights as citizens of myanmar.

Unless Myanmar is willing to do it, it will face rebellion in its eastern front for certain. Rohingyas need weapons, I have seen their recent photographs during riot. Their young men did not look frightened at the sight of military people nearby. What they need is arms. I think, they will find a few sympathetic ears for their cause in Bangladesh and other muslim countries if our military is not willing.

Note we have at certain times supported the Indian NE freedom fighting. All their top leaders were taking shelter here. Myanmar's hands are full with rebellions. It is their 5th century ghetto mentality that is prohibiting them from giving equal rights to a group of Arakan natives who look different. We have quite a few millions of Mongolian tribes that also include Burmese by ethnicity. But, they are our equal citizens. We have also a Chakma Major General in the Army.

Strategic NO. Economic, depends. Lots of thing going on in this part of the border. Its up to Myanmar whether they want to integrate or not and capitalize. NE India has very little to offer to them.

Money makes everything possible, logic doesn't work here. Burmese junta has sold itself to india for money. Recently india paid huge (20000 crore rupee) and bought their generals in the name of controlling insurgencies.

ULFA talkers in Assam vs stalkers in Burma

Few days back this connectivity talk was not a critical one, now it's so. india has been trying a lot against BD-China connectivity.

Strategic NO. Economic, depends. Lots of thing going on in this part of the border. Its up to Myanmar whether they want to integrate or not and capitalize. NE India has very little to offer to them.

Just one reply, North-East India is the part of world's 9th largest economy.

Money makes everything possible, logic doesn't work here. Burmese junta has sold itself to india for money. Recently india paid huge (20000 crore rupee) and bought their generals in the name of controlling insurgencies.

Few days back this connectivity talk was not a critical one, now it's so. india has been trying a lot against BD-China connectivity.

Once again, what's in it for Myanmar to let you link up with China? You steal our economic zones in the international court and you won't accept your role in the Rohingya problem. We are also better served to look towards trading with the future superpower than a small, isolated country like Bangladesh. I don't see what's in it for the boys in Naypyidaw other than to pursue India at Bangladesh's expense.

Losers only complain in the last. :lol::lol:

Once again, what's in it for Myanmar to let you link up with China? You steal our economic zones in the international court and you won't accept your role in the Rohingya problem. We are also better served to look towards trading with the future superpower than a small, isolated country like Bangladesh. I don't see what's in it for the boys in Naypyidaw other than to pursue India at Bangladesh's expense.

International court verdict only proved that BD position was just. You should learn a lesson from that instead of acting stubborn. Nobody going to stop you trading with any country but there still opportunity with BD. Why not to explore it? Dealing with Indians is not a easy one and may end up loosing the game. Your president will be visiting BD within a month. Lets see what he thinks about the whole state of affairs.

And whats in it for Myanmar? What in it for Myanmar to carry Indian goods..?

You get transit fee plus you can use the infra free as well as can have trade with BD.

International court verdict only proved that BD position was just. You should learn a lesson from that instead of acting stubborn. Nobody going to stop you trading with any country but there still opportunity with BD. Why not to explore it? Dealing with Indians is not a easy one and may end up loosing the game. Your president will be visiting BD within a month. Lets see what he thinks about the whole state of affairs.

Or your demands are too high.

This theater will be the next Afghanistan. Just like nothing goes through Afghanistan, nothing will go through here until the geopolitics is stabilized and all the players get a fair share of the deal. Thanks to PlanetSoldier for posting that link about ULFA, North East and Burma. I am going to open a new thread on this called the Burma-NE theater.

What we need to do is unite North East rebels and Burmese rebels and take their case to DC and Beijing. Only when we can unite these players, while, Bangladesh, Thailand and Vietnam are united on their supporting role, they will agree to do something, so all can team up to beat back two imperialist dogs in this theater Delhi and Nypidaw.

The first goal will be to expel Delhi with independence of North East, the 2nd will be to get independence of Burmese rebel states.

Once all parties get independent and Delhi writ goes back to Siliguri corridor, where it belongs, all countries to the East of India can then peacefully join with ASEAN and develop this region. You cannot have development when imperialist dogs are running amok and exploiting and stealing people's resources, just because they got some writ of colonial empire as a gift from the British Raj.

No, You just cant afford us...

Yes, last time I remember Khaleda Zia came with huge list of demands for providing transit for Myanmar-India gas pipeline. No one can afford you. You guys seems contented with beef of smuggled cattle from India.

This theater will be the next Afghanistan. Just like nothing goes through Afghanistan, nothing will go through here until the geopolitics is stabilized and all the players get a fair share of the deal. Thanks to PlanetSoldier for posting that link about ULFA, North East and Burma. I am going to open a new thread on this called the Burma-NE theater.

What we need to do is unite North East rebels and Burmese rebels and take their case to DC and Beijing. Only when we can unite these players, while, Bangladesh, Thailand and Vietnam are united on their supporting role, they will agree to do something, so all can team up to beat back two imperialist dogs in this theater Delhi and Nypidaw.

The first goal will be to expel Delhi with independence of North East, the 2nd will be to get independence of Burmese rebel states.

Once all parties get independent and Delhi writ goes back to Siliguri corridor, where it belongs, all countries to the East of India can then peacefully join with ASEAN and develop this region. You cannot have development when imperialist dogs are running amok and exploiting and stealing people's resources, just because they got some writ of colonial empire as a gift from the British Raj.

Too many smaller nation will be a headache for BD to manage. I dont mind keeping Myanmar united except Arakan and leave India alone as long as it leave part of Assam, Tripura and west Bengal to us.. ;-)

Yes, last time I remember Khaleda Zia came with huge list of demands for providing transit for Myanmar-India gas pipeline. No one can afford you. You guys seems contented with beef of smuggled cattle from India.

She wanted Power Grid connectivity with Nepal in return of Gas connectivity with Myanmar... You guys just chickened out..

And media hyped the actual reserve of Myanmar gas which is actually not true. So people lost interest in that project as there is not much gas to carry to India or BD.

How much km is Dhaka-Chittagong rail line and Dhaka-Chittagong Highway from Sabroom border in Tripura. It will take us just few hours to cut your country into two parts.

Wow! You certainly have some sort of agenda here :lol: Or just stirring the pot like you usually do? :lol:

The verdict was done according to International Law.

Rohinga's are your problem, not that of BD's.

You should remember that you 25-30 million Barma's are nothing compared to 150 million Bangladeshis.

Your military is about as large as it can get while BD could easily beef up it's military much, much larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom