What's new

Myanmar-Bangladesh relations

Status
Not open for further replies.
BD trade with China is complementary. We need huge Chinese Import to feed our export oriented industry as well as consumer goods which could be made available to our lower income group. The direct rail link will reduce to cost of import many fold. Besides export to China is increasing at an astronomical rate. We look forward to future.

Yeah, true. It's a shame then that any land route has to go through :chilli:MYANMAR:chilli:

BD trade with China is complementary. We need huge Chinese Import to feed our export oriented industry as well as consumer goods which could be made available to our lower income group. The direct rail link will reduce to cost of import many fold. Besides export to China is increasing at an astronomical rate. We look forward to future.

Bangladesh's export to China has decreased actually. Increasing at an astronomical rate:lol: Good one.

Here it is, they export more to India than China and import more from China than India, still they don't cry for China-Bangladesh trade imbalance.

5297655781_d51bf024b5.jpg

Well, if they're importing capital goods for their manufacturing sectors that export to the West, then fair enough. But I don't see why you need rail connectivity for that. We are trying to hook up with China because we can be like the gatekeeper to their Southwest and also sell them our natural resources. Bangladesh on the other hand only offer manufactured goods like clothing. It'll be a while before China needs to import manufactured goods I think.

Anyway they point is moot as there will be no railway but I don't see why that's such a bad thing for the Bengalis.

Bangladesh's export to China has decreased actually. Increasing at an astronomical rate:lol: Good one.

Here it is Roy. Bangladesh has trade imbalance with every Asian country, but they will only weep regarding India even India is largest importer in Asia.

5297655781_d51bf024b5.jpg

Yeah, true. It's a shame then that any land route has to go through :chilli:MYANMAR:chilli:

Why is it a shame? Myanmar had isolated itself for good part of last century and if it choose to do so this century it will only be at its own cost. Btw, nice bolyywood flare in your dance!!!

Why is it a shame? Myanmar had isolated itself for good part of last century and if it choose to do so this century it will only be at its own cost. Btw, nice bolyywood flare in your dance!!!

Yeah... I think we can live without letting China connect to Bangladesh.

Thanks for the compliment. It's because I am in the employ of the pé kalar against amé kalar. But shhhhhhhh! *it's a secret*

Well, if they're importing capital goods for their manufacturing sectors that export to the West, then fair enough. But I don't see why you need rail connectivity for that. We are trying to hook up with China because we can be like the gatekeeper to their Southwest and also sell them our natural resources. Bangladesh on the other hand only offer manufactured goods like clothing. It'll be a while before China needs to import manufactured goods I think.

Anyway they point is moot as there will be no railway but I don't see why that's such a bad thing for the Bengalis.

Well we are not talking about small thing here and a rail connectivity will actually benefit all countries including Myanmar, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Bhutan and ofcourse China. We have plan to build a deep sea port with a cost $10 billion dollar in Sonadia. Without China and India on board the port will not be too profitable and the port will not compete with regional port of Myanmar, Chitttagong or Kolkata as the port will serve different type of Ships of 100,000 DWT and more. Connectivity will Myanmar will help Myanmar a lot too. We plan to import many things from Myanmar as well and will surpass many fold of Indian import.

This port will actually take some business away from Singapore not from Myanmar.

Where did you get this?

Your border with Myanmar has no strategic or economic importance.

Well we are not talking about small thing here and a rail connectivity will actually benefit all countries including Myanmar, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Bhutan and ofcourse China. We have plan to build a deep sea port with a cost $10 billion dollar in Sonadia. Without China and India on board the port will not be too profitable and the port will not compete with regional port of Myanmar, Chitttagong or Kolkata as the port will serve different type of Ships of 100,000 DWT and more. Connectivity will Myanmar will help Myanmar a lot too. We plan to import many things from Myanmar as well and will surpass many fold of Indian import.

This port will actually take some business away from Singapore not from Myanmar.

Sounds like a pipe dream without India and China rail links.

Strategic NO. Economic, depends. Lots of thing going on in this part of the border. Its up to Myanmar whether they want to integrate or not and capitalize. NE India has very little to offer to them.

Yeah... I think we can live without letting China connect to Bangladesh.

Thanks for the compliment. It's because I am in the employ of the pé kalar against amé kalar. But shhhhhhhh! *it's a secret*

Ethenic tension in one corner of Myanmar for a everyday criminal act and see how much time you have spent here in Bangladesh forum. Now go out of your isolation and think big to realize what and how things get important. These are small words but has lengthy meaning perhaps bollywood and indian doctored mind would not catch. Lets watch and see what Myanmar regime do next, that is what important.

Ethenic tension in one corner of Myanmar for a everyday criminal act and see how much time you have spent here in Bangladesh forum. Now go out of your isolation and think big to realize what and how things get important. These are small words but has lengthy meaning perhaps bollywood and indian doctored mind would not catch. Lets watch and see what Myanmar regime do next, that is what important.

What? :what:

yet indian govt from top to bottom jumping up and down on prospect of any business and economic link up btw Bangladesh and Myanmar. These indians really live in dark fed by indian media propaganda.

Exactly what I said - "perhaps bollywood and indian doctored mind would not catch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom