What's new

My quest for the best biryani in Karachi

Never had white biryani.
Looks interesting enough.

Most likely it has no Turmeric and is low on chilly powder if at all.
Have you tried the "Dahi Mutton" /Dahi Chicken (also called White Chicken) made by the Bohri Muslims. You'll get it at Delhi Darbar in Bombay, one of their specialities. While the Marathas in Kolhapur have a spicy version of the same called Mutton "Pandhra Rassa".

The best biryani I had in karachi is of masters biryani at burns road, it's one of the most spiciest biryani available in karachi and how can we forget students biryani who actually started the biryani tradition in karachi as far as I know, I agree recently their standard have gone down but still it's one of the best.

Most likely it has no Turmeric and is low on chilly powder if at all.
Have you tried the "Dahi Mutton" /Dahi Chicken (also called White Chicken) made by the Bohri Muslims. You'll get it at Delhi Darbar in Bombay, one of their specialities. While the Marathas in Kolhapur have a spicy version of the same called Mutton "Pandhra Rassa".
Yupp i am familiar with dahi chicken and pandhra rassa as i am maratha . :-)

Its good idea to have white biryanis in summer season instead of spicy ones.

Yupp i am familiar with dahi chicken and pandhra rassa as i am maratha . :-)

Its good idea to have white biryanis in summer season instead of spicy ones.

Loll, is the Pandhra Rassa really less spicy?! Less than the Tambda Rassa probably, but it is spicy as it is.
While the Bohri White Chicken is really quite subtle.

......how can we forget students biryani who actually started the biryani tradition in karachi as far as I know.....

The entrepreneur set up restaurant with best chefs and use high quality ingredients to increase the popularity of the restaurant. Some then sell that restaurant at high price and make good profit. The new owners in most cases do not pay attention to quality and the restaurant loses customers. In Toronto, many good restaurants went bad after original owners sold the restaurants.

Loll, is the Pandhra Rassa really less spicy?! Less than the Tambda Rassa probably, but it is spicy as it is.
While the Bohri White Chicken is really quite subtle.

Main ingreadients of pandhra rassa are cocunut scrapped , and coconut milk. No chilly powder and masala stuff.
Just some cardomum and cinamom and some other stuff. So it gives a hint it has some taste but is not at all spicy.

while tambda rassa is exact opposite, real spicy stuff of kolhapur.

Main ingreadients of pandhra rassa are cocunut scrapped , and coconut milk. No chilly powder and masala stuff.
Just some cardomum and cinamom. So it gives a hint it has some taste but is not at all spicy.

while tambda rassa is exact opposite, real spicy stuff of kolhapur.

Both are spicy enough for non-Maratha palates. What about Thecha? :)

lol you know lot of stuff from here.

Have you tried thecha ? Must be called something else there.

In Kolhapur (and else-where in Maharashtra) its called Thecha; is'nt it?
Had it only in cautiously small quantities.
BTW, there are large numbers of Kokanis in Karachi.

out of the many different types available in India, the Hyderabadi and Lucknowi schools of biriyani are the best ones. Large parts of north India/Punjab also have a type of biriyani but feels wrong calling them 'biriyani' somehow, those I'd say are more a spicy meat/chicken pulao.

Back
Top Bottom