What's new

My problem with Rafale, lets start with Radar

Number of T/R modules may not be proportional to the effectiveness of the radar.
sadly it is

u need to learn on radar basics,,the total power of radar is sum total of indivisual t/r modules

so more the modules,,,,more the power

yes quality may matter but considering they are all gaA T/R modules performance will be roughly same.

As our IAF chief said, we have 'no option' but to get Rafale asap or atleast before 2017 end. There's no way we'll scrap the deal and go on with 500 fgfas(which is not even prototyped).

sadly it is

u need to learn on radar basics,,the total power of radar is sum total of indivisual t/r modules

so more the modules,,,,more the power

yes quality may matter but considering they are all gaA T/R modules performance will be roughly same.

I am an electronics and communication engineer and a masters in VLSI.

You are assuming that the T/R modules are of same performance for any radar. The T/R module vary from country to country.

MMRCA is all about absorbing technology not only buying fighter jets. The deal is to set up a world class aerospace industry related to defense in India.

Reason why the deal is getting delayed, since France is reluctant to transfer crucial tech. to India.

Can no one undersatnd what i am saying??

Forget about fgfa.................get pakfa instead which is same as fgfa but has less powerful engines.

Pakfa will enter serial production in 2017 at the most,,,,,and if rafale deal is signed we will get rafale delivery starting 2017.

so what do u think is better??

rafale or pakfa??

everyone knows the answer

Forget about fgfa.................get pakfa instead which is same as fgfa but has less powerful engines.

Pakfa will enter serial production in 2017 at the most,,,,,and if rafale deal is signed we will get rafale delivery starting 2017.

rafale or pakfa??

Arrey Bhaiyo PAK FA is a Heavy Category Plane & Rafale is a Medium Category
We are not USAF that are gonna replace all our planes with 5th gen fighters

rafale or pakfa??

No the reason for India going for Rafale is not only fielding the fighter jet squadrons. But also absorbing the avionics, and other crucial technologies of west and upgrading our defense industry.

I am an electronics and communication engineer and a masters in VLSI.

You are assuming that the T/R modules are of same performance for any radar. The T/R module vary from country to country.

i said we have to assume they are same................pls read the post again

the russian aesa radar of mig-35 ,,,fga-35 has less performance t/r modules i admit that.
but the radar in pakfa will have comparable quality if reports are to be believed.

France has no experience in making a very high powered radar before(airborne)
The pesa radar of french in mirage 2000 or 2000-5 is rdy-2 and 3 and in rafale(earlier blocks) had rbe2 pesa with all having peak power of less than 8 kwatt

on the other hand irbis-e pesa of su-35 has peak power of 18 kw
its the most powerful pesa ever built

considering that irbis-e will serve as template for pakfa radar u can see where this is going

rafale or pakfa??

no dude. Russia and India has different requirements and thats why Indian ariforce has sought for more than 40 improvements on pak-fa and thus fgfa will be based on our own requirements eg-more stealth(my guess) etc. Though I agree that we can buy small numbers of pak-fa initially like we did with Su-30s initially and later replaced.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F-16 & F-18 are US fighters so no
MIG-35 is a Russian fighter & we don't want a Russian Fighter
Gripen is a Single Engine with a US Engine so a BIG no
Bache Rafael or Euro Fighter
I think Euro Fighter was not selected bcauz it Lacked Ground attack Capability or something other
So Rafael was natural choice
\

Aur IAF walo ka toh kam hee yahi hai
Toh Unhe Armchair Analist se jyada pata hoga :smart:

sirji my point is what differene does it makes if its a light , medium or heaqvy weight plane what matters is owr threats and assets to have a upper hand

see like this

1.160-200 LCAs with around 450-500 Km Fighting radius withowt extra feul tanks + laets ASEA , EW suite and a mix of Irsraeli-russian& indian wepons can perform a great job point defence and limited bombing roles best suited for owr western front backed by

2. 3 squads each of MIG 29 & M2K ugrades as second line of defence /edium fighters

3. 270 MKI/Super MKIs with Latest ASEA, EW suite and wepons pakage as the back bone

4.a couple of squads dedecated EW platforms like F18 growler with latest ARAAMs &HARM pakage for SEAD & DEAD missions

5.150-250 FGFA as frontline defence for chinese sector

now tell me where is the need for so called MMRCA

Arrey Bhaiyo PAK FA is a Heavy Category Plane & Rafale is a Medium Category
We are not USAF that are gonna replace all our planes with 5th gen fighters
oh yeah??

rafale carries 8 tonns of weapons compared to 7 tonnes of mki

this category thing is utter bullshit

whats the point in getting a smaller rafale with bigger rcs than bigger pakfa with smaller rcs 
no dude. Russia and India has different requirements and thats why Indian ariforce has sought for more than 40 improvements on pak-fa and thus fgfa will be based on our own requirements eg-more stealth(my guess) etc.
if we want and focus properly we can make these improvements before 2017 easily

heck russian is churning out a prototype every 9 months 
No the reason for India going for Rafale is not only fielding the fighter jet squadrons. But also absorbing the avionics, and other crucial technologies of west and upgrading our defense industry.
there is no tot coming man

nothing except radar source codes

i said we have to assume they are same................pls read the post again

the russian aesa radar of mig-35 ,,,fga-35 has less performance t/r modules i admit that.
but the radar in pakfa will have comparable quality if reports are to be believed.
r
France has no experience in making a very high powered radar before(airborne)
The pesa radar of french in mirage 2000 or 2000-5 is rdy-2 and 3 and in rafale(earlier blocks) had rbe2 pesa with all having peak power of less than 8 kwatt

on the other hand irbis-e pesa of su-35 has peak power of 18 kw
its the most powerful pesa ever built

considering that irbis-e will serve as template for pakfa radar u can see where this is going

Radar power has to do with the aircraft, su 35 is a heavy fighter, where as rafale is not. Radar efficiency also depends on the algorithms, avionics suite etc...etc.., Russians are lacking in this field of avionics.

Are u serious on radars??

There is no comparison between russian and french airborne radars..................french are way way behind

oh yeah??

rafale carries 8 tonns of weapons compared to 7 tonnes of mki

this category thing is utter bullshit

whats the point in getting a smaller rafale with bigger rcs than bigger pakfa with smaller rcs 

if we want and focus properly we can make these improvements before 2017 easily

heck russian is churning out a prototype every 9 months 

there is no tot coming man

nothing except radar source codes

The winner of MMRCA has to setup production facilities in India, based on the that India can move ahead in this field.

The winner of MMRCA has to setup production facilities in India, based on the that India can move ahead in this field.

so??
will pakfa not be locally produced in india??

what is more pathbraking??pakfa production facility or rafale facility?? 
We have all been blinded by rafale fanboys

Rafale will be useless post 2020,,,mark my words

It has no potential in future,,,,even the mlu will cost us 60-70 million per aircraft

@sancho will be best person to tell us why Rafale is equally important as fgfa.

Back
Top Bottom