What's new

My problem with Rafale, lets start with Radar

it

it seems u are not thinking much

do u know that its a huge missile in aad and pad and specific for ballistic missiles for securing cities??
Again the half knowledge is dangerous series continues.... :)

Actually AAD is quite compact and can be carried in a quad composition.
Just compare with pragati which is a derivative of AAD.

186072243-indias-surface-to-surface-tactical-missile-gettyimages.jpg

Six in one!!!

Also just check the size of S 300 tubes.. What we need is canisterisation. Seeker tech is the only area we are lagging behind in. Hence the need for JVs. Also every big defence dealer nation in the world would like to keep it that way hence the offer of JV from their side.

Even Saudis have money, do they get a JV? Think about it.

aad

Six in one!!!

what does drdo say??

look at the infographic

the missiles are only for ballistic missiles,,,,,................nothing else 
anyone who confuses akash with aad and pad is foolosh as both have different purpose

if the seeker of aad or pad was good why didn't we use that instead of barak-8??
why are we getting a new lrsam of 120 kn range??

this proves my point

@he-man correct your facts mate. AAD and PAD will be mobile launch systems and not fixed.

Six in one!!!

Also just check the size of S 300 tubes.. What we need is canisterisation. Seeker tech is the only area we are lagging behind in. Hence the need for JVs. Also every big defence dealer nation in the world would like to keep it that way hence the offer of JV from their side.

this is pragati u fool

its surface to surface missile

ur are making me crazy 
yes i may
@he-man correct your facts mate. AAD and PAD will be mobile launch systems and not fixed.
be wrong in that but still they are only for protecting cities 

Six in one!!!

bahi maan bhi ja ab

these are 2 diff varieties

this is pragati u fool

its surface to surface missile

these are 2 diff varieties

Yup, i have already said so in my post ! that was for a dimensions comparison as Pragati (prahar) is a derivative of AAD airframe.

Developed by India's Defence Research and Development Organisation, the 150 km range Prahaar looks similar to India's Advanced Air Defence interceptor missile and is probably a derivative of the latter missile.

India's Prahaar missile to be tested by DRDO - IHS Jane's 360

Yaar, we are digressing from the thread topic. Yeh discussion kahin aur........

@ganimi kawa

yaar i was wrong on mobility but correct on the application
Yup, i have already said so in my post you fool! that was for a dimensions comparison as Pragati (prahar) is a derivative of AAD airframe.

Developed by India's Defence Research and Development Organisation, the 150 km range Prahaar looks similar to India's Advanced Air Defence interceptor missile and is probably a derivative of the latter missile.

India's Prahaar missile to be tested by DRDO - IHS Jane's 360

Yaar, we are digressing from the thread topic. Yeh discussion kahin aur........

it has no use and most important thing is the seeker change
that makes it different

the point stands...................we don't have an advanced seeker otherwise why would we team up for lrsam?? 
Chal thik hai yaar. editing my post to remove bad words.
i am sorry too

i am pissed at congress ruining this country:hitwall:

my point is that 25 km range is not be design in case of india

it is technical limit for us and we have nothing indigenous between this and the ballistic missile interceptor

do we have??

no 

the point is simply we have no technology for more than 25 km

so we have to use s-300 or something else for ranges above this 

and if akash is so good why are we doing jv with france for sr-sam below 25 km??
just answer this smartass 

pls tell me why are we developing sr-sam with france then??
why can't we make a naval version of akash??

We do have the technology for a simple interceptor, unless the ADD with a 180Km slant range dropped out of the heavens, an ADGE is not just the interceptor. If it was just a missile that we needed to make then we would have done so by now with ease, there are components to an AD system and ADGE, interractions between said components and you can't list 10 of them if you're life depended on it- that is where the issue lies with respect to this exchange. THIS IS WHY I KEEP ON WITH MY REFRAIN, ANY MEANINGFUL EXCHANGE CAN ONLY OCCUR ONCE YOU EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT THE DETAILS OF THE MATTER YOU WISH TO ADDRESS.

We do have the technology for a simple interceptor, unless the ADD with a 180Km slant range dropped out of the heavens, an ADGE is not just the interceptor. If it was just a missile that we needed to make then we would have done so by now with ease, there are components to an AD system and ADGE, interractions between said components and you can't list 10 of them if you're life depended on it- that is where the issue lies with respect to this exchange. THIS IS WHY I KEEP ON WITH MY REFRAIN, ANY MEANINGFUL EXCHANGE CAN ONLY OCCUR ONCE YOU EDUCATE YOURSELF ABOUT THE DETAILS OF THE MATTER YOU WISH TO ADDRESS.

ok please elaborate if we had a good seeker then why did we opt for lrsam barak-8 air force version??
merely u saying it dosen't make sense.............we have to show progress on ground,there is none

even the seeker of barak-8 is 100 percent israeli

and please define the role of pad and aad??

ok please elaborate if we had a good seeker then why did we opt for lrsam barak-8 air force version??
merely u saying it dosen't make sense.............we have to show progress on ground,there is none

even the seeker of barak-8 is 100 percent israeli

and please define the role of pad and aad??

Because there are different sub-systems required for different products. Because the ADD for all its worth was not designed with high lateral acceleration (because that is not required in its role) so while it is very contemporary in terms of range and altitude of engagement it is slated for an all together different purpose.

The complete radar complex for the Akash along with the more recent BEL Arudhra (the latter of which is only now finding its feet, and no its not an Israeli derivative) is not only contemporary but fully utilizable in conjunction with any other interceptor system we deign to develop.

The reason for the LR-SAM is simple, we needed something that over-matched current standards in terms of terminal NLOS-BSM interception, we needed an interceptor with extremely high lateral acceleration and with a robust dual seeker for target acquisition- the same technology (the latter of the two) that is to be used for all the upcoming ABM interceptors.

The CnC, C4I nodal structure, the multi-function flight level radar, the 3DSR- these are the components that matter and thankfully we gave these components the attention they needed. Without the Akash development cycle the IAF would have never conceived the notion of an indigenous AF-NET or IACCS (the precise technical details, features, operation usage of which I have listed out in great detail before). Had there been no Akash (and ergo no preliminary development work in the sphere of radar technology) there would have been no 3DSR or BLR without which there would have been no accrual of signal processing systems, crucial infra, sub-components etc. along with the associated know-how being accrued and ergo no LSTAR or Arudhra.

If your grouse is about the utilization of know how accrued then that's one thing but do not conflate it with the value of what has been accrued.

If you do not know the precise roles of the PAD and the ADD then this whole exchange is an exercise in futility. When I ask you to clarify things for yourself so that you may then have the facility to pose better questions you can't just turn around and use me as a source of said clarification- the point is to first know the system you are talking about otherwise this becomes a general query answer session or a generic discussion in the TOI comments section.

Last edited:
@he-man

Lets take a brief look at phased array development involved in the Akash project-

For development of multi function phased array radar, number of sub-systems and certain infrastructure had to be developed-
1) Phase control modules (PCM)
2) The basic sensing elements
3) Antenna platform
4) PCM Integration technology
5)The beam steering units
6) Digital signal processor
7) solid state receiver system
8) Transmission system
9) Cooling systems
10) Missile coding units
11) Radar data processors
12) Antenna pattern measurement facility
13)Elevation control mechanisms
14) azimuth slewing systems

J51J3S6.png
pe9FsWE.png

vujg7pZ.png

NOW, THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT THESE SUB-COMPONENTS DO ERGO I CANNOT THEN EXPLAIN WHAT CARRY-OVER THEY HAVE TO FUTURE AND CURRENT SYSTEMS AND THEIR SIGNIFICANCE. ERGO MY REFRAIN.

@Oscar Hurry up with the initative you had for the Indian corner here...inane posts are driving me insane...so much so that my tumor has started speaking to me again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom