What's new

Muslims in Middle Kingdom and Contemporary China Celebrating Festivals and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Buddhists are so peaceful, they're just peacefully slaughtering people in Burma.
Buddhism is a tool for gov in Burma like Muslims and they use religions as a power controler. Classic Buddhism or the Chinese zen I could say are peaceful and the zen just came from the favor of literatus buddhists.

Of the five religions recognised by the atheist state, Islam has the largest proportion of followers under 30, with 22.4% of Chinese Muslims fitting this age bracket, according to the China Religion Survey carried out by a research centre at Beijing's Renmin University.
This thread's title is misleading.The survey says islam has highest percentage of follower of under 30 within muslim community not the Chinese population as a WHOLE.Many poster here are assuming Chinese youth are converting Islam in a mass drove,which is not the case.Plus fertility rate differential between muslim vs chinese population (1.7 vs 1.4) is not very substantial to propel massive population growth.

Less than 20% of Muslims worldwide are in the Middle East, your attempted sarcasm is a failure, probably just like your life is a failure as well.
I'm just wondering what's the percent of Muslims worldwide who are enjoying a peaceful, wealthy lives.

East Asia is one place where islamism won't be successful.

This thread is misleading. Christianity is the fastest growing religiong in China by a huge margin.

Eunuchs were usually prisoners of war or moderate criminals, actually. The Ottomans had a similar system. You'll have as much luck getting Chinese to stop eating pork as you will of getting Hindus to eat beef.

Your explanation on the eunuchs is illogical and factually incorrect, because since the Han dynasty the imperial palace was often controlled and manipulated by the eunuchs who ran the operational affairs of the court. They vied for power with military leaders, scholar-bureaucrats and were extremely close to the Emperor's concubines. Therefore, prisoners of war or even moderate criminals would have no chance to be considered as candidates to work within the imperial palace. Henceforth your assumption is incorrect from my prospective. In addition, most eunuch's were chosen from poor families at a very young age and this is well documented in history with the example of Zheng He, the infamous admiral from the Ming Dynasty who charted his vessels across the globe. Most eunuch's were prone to preserve there dismembered organs in a jar and the survival rate from the operation was very slim, henceforth this was another reason why they were chosen at a relatively young age. I have lived and worked in China and most of my best friends are Chinese, therefore please don't categorize me as a typically foreigner who has no knowledge of your history or civilization.

Eunuch's were sold to the Ottoman empire from Africa specifically from Ethiopia, because its forbidden in Islam to emasculate a man. Furthermore, the Ottoman empire does not represent Islam as a religion and many of their practices would not be accepted during the era of the rightly guided Caliphates. Concubines which were guarded by the imperial eunuch's in the Ottoman court, however were usually prisoners of war from the Slavic regions.

Furthermore, the preference of food consumption by an individual is different and you cannot speak on the behalf of the 1.3 billion population of China. I have a very good friend from Kunming who is Han Chinese and his mother follows Buddhism. She has been a vegetarian for over 20 years and there are many individuals like her in China. Therefore, the idea of the Chinese population in refusing Islam, because of pork sounds obnoxious and to be frank illogical. Religion is a private matter and it should be nobodies business to interfere. Actually the Hindus of Kerala eat beef:)

Last edited:
China has very diversified religion believers, we don't exclude any specific religion.

In India fertility rate of Hindu=2.6
of Muslim=3.2

China should be careful

No matter how dark their world is. as soon as they see a silver line, they'll immediately cheer up and yell victory. How funny.

This immature view segregates society and the cycle of hatred continues and you will never be able to bridge the gap with the Uighur's, because this superior complexity is full of arrogance. The same notion can be applied to the various Turkish members who have spoken on the issue Xinjiang. You have no knowledge of Islam and the history which has plagued the Middle East in the last two centuries. Furthermore, having a negative view on extremists Islam is okay, however attacking Islam as a religion would change the opinions of Pakistani's on China and its citizens. Furthermore when you speak ill of Islam, you are actually insulting your fellow Chinese comrades who are Muslims and thus creating division. I have a close friend from Kunming whose mother is a Buddhists practitioner and I would never insult her religion just because some adherents in Myanmar have killed innocent Muslim. Personally, I don't like to talk negatively against a Chinese member because I find your country fascinating and most of my best friends live there, however learn to differentiate between ethnicity, country, political ideology and religion.

East Asia is one place where islamism won't be successful.

This thread is misleading. Christianity is the fastest growing religiong in China by a huge margin.

Generally speaking, in East Asia, religion does not influence politics in East Asia. The region is , generally, a tough cookie to crack when it comes to religionists.

During the Qing dynasty women were forced to bound there feet together, however this practice has disappeared. In the Qin dynasty servants were buried alive with their dead masters to honor and preserve them in the after life. The castration of young boys who became eunuchs to serve the emperor was widely practiced across the different Chinese dynasties, however this has stopped. Criminals and individuals who were caught under the treason act were grotesquely killed through the method of a thousand cuts known as Lingchi. Nothing stays the same and eventually customs and even culture evolves over time. Therefore in China, they do consume an enormous amount of pig, however this can always change in the future and it depends on the personality of the individual. Its nobodies business to convert people to any faith, because its a private matter which spiritually and mentally helps them with a clear path in life. Muslims have a superb heritage in China, therefore you should read more on topic.

u need to improve ur knowledge on china's history if u want to talk about it. foot bound to han women originated from song dynasty under the influence of rationalistic confucianism, nothing related to manchu's qing dynasty 600 yrs later. manchurian women themselves didn't bind their feet. it was forbidden since the foundation of republic of china in 1911. u put foot bound, bury alive, and lingchi cruel torture together with pork eating as equivalent evil thing, thats only from ur eyes. in ordinary non-muslim chinese people, there is no diffence to eat pork, beef or sheep beyond the taste only. nothing more than that. eating pork is evil? tell me why eating beef is not evil. yes, change has always been happening, but why always other people change, while muslims do not change? stone punishment is still alive in some places, is it more civilized than lingchi btw?

Last edited:
Generally speaking, in East Asia, religion does not influence politics in East Asia. The region is , generally, a tough cookie to crack when it comes to religionists.
This is one of the best traditions in East Asia where state comes before any ideology and in China, if any religion is seen as a threat to the state, it is persecuted. In history, even Buddhism was persecuted until it was truly assimilated into Chinese culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom