What's new

Muslims in indian army

Pakistanis are not against the idea off proportional representation in areas of govt-army for all its people.
We may not have achieved a fair distribution but we are not againt the idea.
India on the other hand does not want to give the fair share of representation in govt-army to the muslims and do not purse a policy that will achieve that.

You dont represent anyone but Pakistan....or whereever you're from....

Please dont assume, dont spread false notions and dont speak for Indians.....and especially about things that you have no knowledge of!!!

INDIANS never treat muslims equally

COMPANY QUARTER MASTER HAVILDAR ABDUL HAMID
4 GRENADIERS (NO 2639985)

At 0800 hours on 10 September 1965 Pakistan forces launched an attack with a regiment of Patton tanks on a vital area ahead of village Cheema on the Bhikkiwind road in the Khem Karam Sector. Intense artillery shelling preceded the attack. The enemy tanks penetrated the forward position by 0900 hours. Realising the grave situation, Company Quarter Master Havildar Abdul Hamid who was commander of an RCL gun detachment moved out to a flanking position with his gun mounted on a jeep, under intense enemy shelling and tank fire. Taking an advantageous position, he knocked out the leading enemy tank and then swiftly changing his position, he sent another tank up in flames. By this time the enemy tanks in the area spotted him and brought his jeep under concentrated machine-gun and high explosive fire. Undeterred, Company Quarter Master Havildar Abdul Hamid kept on firing on yet another enemy tank with his recoilless gun. While doing so, he was mortally wounded by an enemy high explosive shell.

Havildar Abdul Hamid’s brave action inspired his comrades to put up a gallant fight and to beat back the heavy tank assault by the enemy. His complete disregard for his personal safety during the operation and his sustained acts of bravery in the face of constant enemy fire were a shining example not only to his unit but also to the whole division and were in the highest traditions of the Indian Army.

GB

P.S: - A Stamp on CQMH Abdul Hamid.

1f6164a5805a0417c97bdbac247a0933.jpg

Where not talking about geographical groups but religious groups.

Sorry to say dude, but our country is a SECULAR country and not made based on some religion, unlike yours. You are free to take important decisions in your country based on religion, but here religion means a way to thank GOD, and thats it. No major state decisions are taken based on that

India was having muslim president and current pm is sikh. This shows our security unlike you who just know speaking and try to flame things.

In our army, 11% are sikh although they are only 2% population in the country. Fact is that most of Punjabis are in army and I assume same applies to your country too. So, dont create much hatred as you dont have right to do that.

INDIANS never treat muslims equally

And on what basis you are saying that? I have many muslim friends, and I have a company of my own. Among our partners there is one Muslim, one Christian, One jain and rest all are hindus and we never felt anything. Infact till now I did not realise that our board of directors are so diversified in terms of religion. Thats how much weight we give to Religion, But no point explainng you as you will believe what your Zaid Hammid will say...

And on what basis you are saying that? I have many muslim friends, and I have a company of my own. Among our partners there is one Muslim, one Christian, One jain and rest all are hindus and we never felt anything. Infact till now I did not realise that our board of directors are so diversified in terms of religion. Thats how much weight we give to Religion, But no point explainng you as you will believe what your Zaid Hammid will say...

You have one jain. That was nice to hear from you. :cheers:

India now have a Kashmiri Muslim as a General in the Indian Army. His name is Major General Mohd. Amin Naik. As much as it is a matter of pride for the Kashmiris, it is also an affirmation that if one works hard he/she can have a hope of rising in India.

It also made me wonder, given Pakistan's feelings for Kashmiris and the predominance of Army culture; how many Major Generals and higher have come from the *** (or Azad Kashmir as it is called there)? It would be interesting to get some statistic on that. At least in the current establishment from the face of it, none of Generals (Maj Generals and above) seem to be from Kashmir.

Major General Naik started in the Corps of Engineer in December of 1974 and has done great service. He won a Sena Medal in 1993 for his service.

Major General Naik is also a champion rower. He won a bronze in 1982 Asian Games (coxless-4) and has gotten 8 gold, one silver, and one bronze in national championships. He has also won two golds, and a silver and bronze apiece in various international championships in rowing.

Currently, posted as the Assistant Chief of the Integrated Defence Staff HQ, he hails from Pulwana district of South Kashmir. Born on Sept 25, 1953, Major General Naik was the first from his district to join the Army. Over his 35 years of service in the Indian Army, he has served as design civil engineer and garrison engineer with Eastern Naval Command, Vizag, and remained in Army headquarters as general staff officer-1

He has also been awarded the highest medal to an Indian sportsman - Arjuna Award - for his accomplishments in rowing.

One thing that probably helped him is that he comes from a distinguished family. His father Ghulam Nabi Naik is a retired divisional commissioner for J&K, his sister (Shamim Naik) is a doctor, and elder brother Gul Mohammad Naik is a retired Forest Officer.

COMPANY QUARTER MASTER HAVILDAR ABDUL HAMID
4 GRENADIERS (NO 2639985)

At 0800 hours on 10 September 1965 Pakistan forces launched an attack with a regiment of Patton tanks on a vital area ahead of village Cheema on the Bhikkiwind road in the Khem Karam Sector. Intense artillery shelling preceded the attack. The enemy tanks penetrated the forward position by 0900 hours. Realising the grave situation, Company Quarter Master Havildar Abdul Hamid who was commander of an RCL gun detachment moved out to a flanking position with his gun mounted on a jeep, under intense enemy shelling and tank fire. Taking an advantageous position, he knocked out the leading enemy tank and then swiftly changing his position, he sent another tank up in flames. By this time the enemy tanks in the area spotted him and brought his jeep under concentrated machine-gun and high explosive fire. Undeterred, Company Quarter Master Havildar Abdul Hamid kept on firing on yet another enemy tank with his recoilless gun. While doing so, he was mortally wounded by an enemy high explosive shell.

Havildar Abdul Hamid’s brave action inspired his comrades to put up a gallant fight and to beat back the heavy tank assault by the enemy. His complete disregard for his personal safety during the operation and his sustained acts of bravery in the face of constant enemy fire were a shining example not only to his unit but also to the whole division and were in the highest traditions of the Indian Army.

GB

P.S: - A Stamp on CQMH Abdul Hamid.

1f6164a5805a0417c97bdbac247a0933.jpg

When I was a kid, in school we read about his bravery... May his soul live in peace..Amen :)

When I was a kid, in school we read about his bravery... May his soul live in peace..Amen :)

I first learnt about him on the serial Param Vir Chakra in which he was portrayed by none other than Naseeruddin Shah.

GB

1. Scarp business is dominated by Muslims. It is full of money, though less glamorous.
2. There is a considerable percentage of Muslims in transport business.
3. There is majority of Muslims when it comes to small scale businesses like stalls, fruits market, vegetable dealers etc.

this is a joke, this nothing to be proud about, that they are doing these jobs shows there is nothing else for them to do with higher salaries or less labour intensive, essentially they are the underclass who are stuck on the sidelines..

where are the muslim lawyers?doctors?dentists? - where are these stats.

also please do not talk about bollywood, its utterly meaningless, its like saying that just because there are a few big name black actors in hollywood then black people in america are prospering, the acutal numbers you are talking about is less than 100, what about the millions of others!?!

this is a joke, this nothing to be proud about, that they are doing these jobs shows there is nothing else for them to do with higher salaries or less labour intensive, essentially they are the underclass who are stuck on the sidelines..

where are the muslim lawyers?doctors?dentists? - where are these stats.

also please do not talk about bollywood, its utterly meaningless, its like saying that just because there are a few big name black actors in hollywood then black people in america are prospering, the acutal numbers you are talking about is less than 100, what about the millions of others!?!

What about Hindus in Pakistan. Although I want you to answer but surely you have to think about it.

We have awarded highest position to non-Hindu people. Why not give President role to Some Hindu and then talk.

Today most Muslims would be happy to think that they didn't cross the border otherwise would have been blown with the attacks. :wave:

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom