What's new

Muslims in India don’t get Rooh Afza this Ramazan

I did find another product which was labelled something Sindhi but i can't remember. I also liked that one but haven't seen that ever again.

May be this...............

1-300x300.png

Sharbat Sandaleen 800 ml

HOW TO MAKE THADAL SHARBAT

Thadal.jpg

THADAL SHARBAT

In Sindh, during the summer, people love drinking Thadal because it takes away your thirst and it also gives you energy and strength. Homemade Thadal will be cheaper, tastier and cleaner than store-bought.

Ingredients:

1. Sugar – 1 kg
  2. Water – 1 litre
  3. Almonds – 150 g (peeled and soaked overnight)
  4. Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
  5. Char maghaz – 1 tbsp
  6. Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
  7. Green cardamom – 1 tbsp
  8. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
In 1 cup of water, mix and soak fennel seeds, char maghaz, poppy seeds, green cardamom and cumin seeds overnight.

Method:

In 1 litre of water, cook sugar and clean it as it cooks. In a blender, add almonds, fennel seeds, char maghaz, poppy seeds, green cardamom and cumin seeds along with some water, and blend well. Now strain the water from this mixture and pour over the sugar syrup. Discard of the seeds, green cardamom, char maghaz and almonds. Now cook the sugar syrup for 5 to 10 minutes, and then take it off the heat. Cool it down and store it in fridge. Enjoy your Ramadan and summer with homemade Thada

Roh afza and jam e Shireen taste so bad I feel like throwing up after drinking it

Yeh...we like it...but is it so special for Indian Muslims??Can not they use any fruit juice to replace it??
I think it,s the muslim connection behind hamdard company.And unani medicine has a lot of historical significance in islam as well.No doubt it,s healthy ,taste great ,natural and chemical free thats why non muslims in india love it as well as @nick_indian said.
In my early days in Aus, i bought a rooh afza bottle from an Indian shop, i remember looking at it and thinking why is the color so much darker, anyways i took it home and had it for Iftar, it tasted weird and not in a good way. I checked the bottle and found it was made in India. I then bought a rooh afza made in Pakistan, the color was much lighter and the taste was amazing, exactly how we have it back home.
Yea i have heard the same as well.The indian one taste not as good as the pakistani one.The hamdard company was originated in undivided india but later it has more presence and research in pakistan than in india and bangladesh.I think that,s the reason.These days it,s more like a pakistani brand than indian or bangladeshi one.
Also that particular recipe i believe is better understood here as we have other companies here as well producing almost the exact same item.For example Qarshi Jam-e-shireen.
1-2-7.jpg

Lol apki urdu ki clutch playtein dheli hein :D
Zibago does Zanjibeel or Zanjebil still available in Pakistan? It’s same size bottle like Roh Afza and made by ginger I think.
Could find anywhere here.

HOW TO MAKE THADAL SHARBAT

Thadal.jpg

THADAL SHARBAT

In Sindh, during the summer, people love drinking Thadal because it takes away your thirst and it also gives you energy and strength. Homemade Thadal will be cheaper, tastier and cleaner than store-bought.

Ingredients:

1. Sugar – 1 kg
  2. Water – 1 litre
  3. Almonds – 150 g (peeled and soaked overnight)
  4. Fennel seeds – 1 tbsp
  5. Char maghaz – 1 tbsp
  6. Poppy seeds – 1 tbsp
  7. Green cardamom – 1 tbsp
  8. Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
In 1 cup of water, mix and soak fennel seeds, char maghaz, poppy seeds, green cardamom and cumin seeds overnight.

Method:

In 1 litre of water, cook sugar and clean it as it cooks. In a blender, add almonds, fennel seeds, char maghaz, poppy seeds, green cardamom and cumin seeds along with some water, and blend well. Now strain the water from this mixture and pour over the sugar syrup. Discard of the seeds, green cardamom, char maghaz and almonds. Now cook the sugar syrup for 5 to 10 minutes, and then take it off the heat. Cool it down and store it in fridge. Enjoy your Ramadan and summer with homemade Thada

Thats it mate, Thadal

thanks mate

Edit: 1kg of Sugar:o: diabetes written all over it.

I dont know why peeps are connecting a drink with religion , here in India everyone loves it though its popularity has gone down now , i still remember ad of Rooh Afza on TV

Acha g :ashamed:

So how's the taste? As alternative?

I never knew there was an Indian one prob the horrible one we had in UK....someone offered (we thought maybe it was expired) must have been the Indian one
Both Pakistani products are Dark pink in hue/crystal red, rose flavored, sweet, fragrant, and viscous/smooth in texture but to differentiation between Jam-e-shireen and Rooh Afza, you need to drink them both simultaneously to figure that as it can't be described in words.

love rooh afza specially in hot weather just a cold chilll glass of it and i am done with heat:smitten:

P.S: its not rooh afza of quddusi sahab ki bewa:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom