What's new

Hamdard India head on why Rooh Afza is an Indian drink: ‘It is older than Pakistan and Bangladesh’

Soundwave Says

Mango Lassi: superior
All other drinks: Inferior

False. Indian khus sharbat is however popular in the Middle East.

:lol:
Are you talking about this?

Gao Cola?

ayurvedic_squash.jpg

Yeah no. You shouldn’t advertise your ignorance with such conviction. Other fools like @Maula Jatt here will also jump in and believe you have something more substantial than common drivel.

There is absolutely something called “ancient European history”. The history of “ancient European civilisations” their interrelationships, growth, conflicts and culture — and of Europe as a collective starting from Westphalia. Google is your friend.

Ancient Indian history is attributed to India and globally there is recognition of it including whole academic sections/centres dedicated to it in global universities and research institutions. You could cry a little bit more talking about “menstrual blood” (lol wut) and it wouldn’t change a thing.
Ignorance?
You are making the farcical claim that you were some kind of ancient nation.
Bro, You people don't even speak the same language family. The English and Punjabi have more in common than a Punjabi and a Tamil. At least the English and Punjabi speak the same language family.

Here is the thing about your post.
You are making a strawman and then arguing against it.
I made the claim that there is no such thing as an ancient Indian nation. A nation is one where people have a unified language, culture, governance, etc. India has never had that until the British and then the ROI inherited it, being the bastard child of the Raj and all.
If you truly care about history, look up how the people have never in their history ever considered themselves to be "Indian" they were always whatever principality/ethnicity they were. If you traveled back in time 200 years and asked a Bengali if he was Indian, he would have looked at you like you were retarded and said "the hell is an Indian, I'm Bengali"
It wasn't until the British Raj did people started to identify as Indian, and even then, only because the British grouped them all together.

Now you, in your dishonesty (lol of course, since you are Indian) are trying to conflate "ancient nation" with "civilization" since civilization is more of a loose term and you can make it mean whatever you want it to. Hell, you can make it mean to include everything up to Vietnam. Does that mean Vietnam is now part of ROI?
There is a 50% chance that you know this to be true and are just lying about your history, but then there is a real 50% chance that you are legit low IQ enough to think you were some ancient nation.
I will say again, covering yourself in the mensural blood of dead empires does not make you some kind of nation.

I think everyone except few insecure pakistanis consider india as a nation of immense history, culture and diversity.

Pretty much how history — and claim to history works. While many kingdoms existed, the people of India never changed (most stay where they have been since time immemorial). Their identity and heritage doesn’t change. So when india is finally one contiguous area, all their historical and cultural identities coalesce into “Indian history” and that is a their right.

By your logic, no country can claim their ancient history unless they are colonisers 😂

Pakistan hasn’t been very successful in this aspect mostly because you have an Arab fetish, reject your own “pagan” history and then occasionally tries to unilaterally claim all of “Indus Valley civilisation” like a bunch of idiots.
Some people here don't like even a part of sea named as indian ocean .though they claim indus valley civilisation as their own .
Ignorance?
You are making the farcical claim that you were some kind of ancient nation.
Bro, You people don't even speak the same language family. The English and Punjabi have more in common than a Punjabi and a Tamil. At least the English and Punjabi speak the same language family.

Here is the thing about your post.
You are making a strawman and then arguing against it.
I made the claim that there is no such thing as an ancient Indian nation. A nation is one where people have a unified language, culture, governance, etc. India has never had that until the British and then the ROI inherited it, being the bastard child of the Raj and all.
If you truly care about history, look up how the people have never in their history ever considered themselves to be "Indian" they were always whatever principality/ethnicity they were. If you traveled back in time 200 years and asked a Bengali if he was Indian, he would have looked at you like you were retarded and said "the hell is an Indian, I'm Bengali"
It wasn't until the British Raj did people started to identify as Indian, and even then, only because the British grouped them all together.

Now you, in your dishonesty (lol of course, since you are Indian) are trying to conflate "ancient nation" with "civilization" since civilization is more of a loose term and you can make it mean whatever you want it to. Hell, you can make it mean to include everything up to Vietnam. Does that mean Vietnam is now part of ROI?
There is a 50% chance that you know this to be true and are just lying about your history, but then there is a real 50% chance that you are legit low IQ enough to think you were some ancient nation.
I will say again, covering yourself in the mensural blood of dead empires does not make you some kind of nation.
Any way rooh afza is originally indian sherbat , it was invented by an indian hakim sahab in 1906 who founded hamdard .

Some people here don't like even a part of sea named as indian ocean .though they claim indus valley civilisation as their own .

Any way rooh afza is originally indian sherbat , it was invented by an indian hakim sahab in 1906 who founded hamdard .
No such thing as India (ROI) so you are lying.

Very simple rooh afza is indian brand , india is very old civilization , we are a secular democratic state with a written constitution .
Pray tell which local Indian language the words Rooh and Afza originate from?

Pakistani Rooh Afza is better than the Indian variant: it uses finer, confectionary grade sugar which mixes better than the coarser, cheaper sugar used in the Indian version.

However, neither variant survives even the mild Australian winter. The solids congeal and separate during winter so you have to use up the bottle before winter comes.
In my experience most of the Indian products I've perused in the US are shit, taste like shit and are of shit quality.

Pray tell which local Indian language the words Rooh and Afza originate from?

In my experience most of the Indian products I've perused in the US are shit, taste like shit and are of shit quality.

Why would you even buy them?

I went to get Pakistani Zebra rice and they ran out. They only had Indian rice and I was like guess I’m waiting on rice then.

I have, but tastes change.. lost a taste for those things.. beer and sctoch wali umar hai ab.. party !
Stop dissing Rooh Afza and Khus sharbat. Go easy on the syrup, add some gin / vodka to it, dress up like Nawab Wajid Ali Shah, lie down sideways on a mattress, dim your living room lights and play Umrao-jaan songs. You might like it.

Stop dissing Rooh Afza and Khus sharbat. Go easy on the syrup, add some gin / vodka to it, dress up like Nawab Wajid Ali Shah, lie down sideways on a mattress, dim your living room lights and play Umrao-jaan songs. You might like it.

Lmfao

Bro you’re killing me with the khus sharbat thing..

Lmfao

Bro you’re killing me with the khus sharbat thing..
The exotic green color drink, poured into a crystal chalice, infused with some Bombay Sapphire gin being served by a beautiful saaki, and there is no need for aphrodisiac. No wonder Wajid Ali Shah couldn't care less about the East India Company

I can order Rooh Afza online deliver to me in Singapore.
No easy to find Shezan Mango squash.

Perhaps my feet must do the walking and not my fingers , to Pakistani or Indian grocery stores to see if they got that there.

:D
For better or worse, Rooh Afza coming to me in a couple of days or so.
0                       WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 12.39.00.jpeg

🤔Dunno if after one sip I be pouring that down the drain if I find that ghastly.

Maybe to retain peace here, I should keep quiet if I do that to avoid making more waves than I should. :pleasantry:

Now checking my astrological symbols if stars in right quadrant before I do an expedition to Mustaffa to hunt for that Shezan Mango:enjoy:

Hamdard India head on why Rooh Afza is an Indian drink: ‘It is older than Pakistan and Bangladesh’​

The history of the drink goes back to pre-Partition India -- all the way back to a single family -- when there did not exist any Pakistan, or even Bangladesh​

Curated by Prerna MittraNew Delhi | September 14, 2022 6:20:00 pm

Rooh Afza was originally a medicine, more than a drink or a sherbet, and it has cooling properties, which is why it is always in demand in summers, said Hamdard India CEO.

Rooh Afza has been a much-loved cooling drink consumed by people across the length and breadth of the country for generations — especially during the unforgiving summer months and at the time of Ramzan, when there is both fasting as well as feasting.

Its consumption, however, is not limited to India. People of Pakistan are big Rooh Afza drinkers, too, as are those living in Bangladesh, both of which are neighbours to India and were carved out of it during the Partition of 1947.

Needless to say, the three countries share many similar cultures.

Recently, the Delhi High Court directed Amazon India to remove the listing of a drink manufactured by a Pakistani company under the same name ‘Rooh Afza’ from its platform, possibly to avoid confusion in the mind of an Indian consumer.

Indian Express reported that the order came after a plea was filed by the Indian social welfare NGO Hamdard National Foundation, which stated that the ‘Rooh Afza’ listed on the e-commerce site in India are not all manufactured by Hamdard Laboratories (India), but by Pakistani companies whose details are not mentioned on the packaging.

Interestingly, the history of the drink goes back to pre-Partition India — all the way back to a single family — when there did not exist any Pakistan, or even Bangladesh. We reached out to Hamid Ahmed, the CEO and trustee of Hamdard Laboratories (India), Food Division, and the grandson of Hakim Abdul Hamid — the founder of Hamdard that was started in 1906 — who said that the trademark of the drink is held by Hamdard Laboratories (India).

“This product cannot be sold [by any other enterprise] either directly or through grey channels in India, because it is already manufactured here. This is why we discussed the matter with Amazon and other e-commerce players, who showed their inability to take it out. We had no other option but to then approach the high court,” Ahmed told this outlet.

Ahmed explained that back in 1906, there was only one Hamdard. “But after 1947, while my great-grandfather stayed back in India along with one of his sons, his other son — Hakim Mohammed Said — moved to Pakistan to start another Hamdard there. Then, when Bangladesh came into existence in 1971, there came into being a third Hamdard: Hamdard Bangladesh. But all three manufacture Rooh Afza,” he stated.

Ahmed said that the first-ever branded product that was manufactured by Hamdard in 1907 was the humble Rooh Afza. “[This drink] is older than even the birth of Pakistan and Bangladesh! It is an Indian product and we wanted to save the Indian market from infiltration by the grey market.”

The CEO also said that Rooh Afza was originally a medicine, more than a drink or a sherbet, and it has cooling properties, which is why it is always in demand in summers. “While its ingredients have remained the same over the years, manufacturing has changed because new technology has now come in. In 1907, when it was launched, it was perhaps made inside a small kitchen, but today it is prepared with state-of-the-art technology in factories.

“We use extracts of cooling vegetables, fruit juices, and fragrances to prepare the drink. Now, there is also a sugar-free variant.”

Indians and their inferiority complex is on next level. Like seriously how low you think.

For better or worse, Rooh Afza coming to me in a couple of days or so.
View attachment 883395

🤔Dunno if after one sip I be pouring that down the drain if I find that ghastly.

Maybe to retain peace here, I should keep quiet if I do that to avoid making more waves than I should. :pleasantry:

Now checking my astrological symbols if stars in right quadrant before I do an expedition to Mustaffa to hunt for that Shezan Mango:enjoy:

You must mix it with water. You don’t drink it straight up.

Back
Top Bottom