What's new

Muslim invasion created Dalits and tribals in India, says RSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no doubt about it. In fact honesty and idiocy mixed bigotry do not contradict each other always. So no disagreement here.

You mean to be honest is to be a bigot? Hmm, now why is that not surprising? Bengalis shunned the path of truth long time ago. Unfortunately, that has just made then dishonest and their state the arm pit of India. It did not improve their idiocy or bigotry quotient either.

Both are mutually exclusive. Bigotry is the denial of facts and truths. What a strange statement to make.

He is a Bengali. What else can you expect from him.

LOL....chickening out so soon ? Where is your proof ? :lol: ......Classic gurukul were the kalari where everybody was taught. Including ezahavas and Christians. Now where is your proof ?
Hey dimwit, you should learn to use google. But since you find it so difficult to do a little research, let me walk you through this one: For starters:

Kerala[edit]
Christians in Kerala are divided into several communities, including Syrian Christians and Latin Christians. Syrian Christians in Kerala consist of the members of Syro-Malabar Catholic Church (also known as Romo-Syrians), Syro-Malankara Catholic Church, Jacobite Syrian Church (a non-Catholic group), Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, Malankara Mar Thoma Syrian Church, and a few members of the Church of South India in Kerala. Syrian Christians maintain their traditional Syrian rites and practices. They derive status within the caste system from the tradition that they are converted from high caste Hindus who were evangelized by St. Thomas.[9] In the pre-independence period, Untouchability was prevalent in the Kerala society and the Syrian Christians also practiced it in order to keep their upper-caste status. They used to go for a ritual bath to purify themselves on physical contact with the so-called inferior castes.[10][11][12] The Syrian Christians did not cooperate with the evangelical activities of foreign missionaries and they did not allow new converts to join their community since they were afraid that their noble position in the society could have been endangered.[13]

Writers Arundhati Roy and Anand Kurian have written personal accounts of the caste system at work in their community.[14][15] Syrian Christians tend to be endogamous, and tend not to intermarry with other Christian castes.[16]

Anthropologists have noted that the caste hierarchy among Christians in Kerala is much more polarized than the Hindu practices in the surrounding areas, due to a lack of jatis. Also, the caste status is kept even if the sect allegiance is switched (i.e. from Syrian Catholic to Syrian Orthodox).[2]

or even this:
History of conversions to Christianity in Kerala – an overview
This article takes a brief look into the history of conversions to Christianity in Kerala. The Christians of the State can be broadly categorized into three: Syrian Christians who are believed to have been converted from the upper castes (whether such distinction existed at that time is not clear) by Apostle St. Thomas in 1c, Latin Christians who were converted mostly from lower classes by St. Francis Xavier in the 16c and Dalit Christians who were converted in the 19c by the Anglicans and in the 20c by the Catholic denomination of the Syrians. The labels Syrian and Latin came about because of the respective languages that were used in liturgy. (See: Jewish names among Syrian Christians.)
The Syrian Christian community is referred to by historians as Malabar Church and St. Thomas Christians. This congregation was, till the intrusion by the Western Christianity with the arrival of the Portuguese, a distinctive Eastern Church with the Pope of Rome as a hazy father figure at the far end of a thin long line.
Being a Syrian Christian is a matter of birth and inherited religious convictions. Therefore, conversion to that community is an anomaly. In all its known history till the 20c, the Malabar Church never undertook any missionary work. The theology of the community was that every human being achieved salvation through his own religion; a conclusion that modern Christian theology is increasingly accepting. Spreading the Word of Christ and induced or forced conversions to Christianity are two totally different things. As a result, the Syrian Christians remained an exclusive community to which outsiders had no entry.

Two questions arise here: why then did St. Thomas carry out conversions and, why did he convert only the so called upper classes? The Apostle would have, if one accepts oral tradition, received into the Christian fold only those who came forward willingly and out of conviction. On the question of the claimed class distinction in the conversions by the Apostle, it is necessary to understand the background of his mission. His arrival in Kerala (52A.D.) was before the gentiles were accepted into Christianity. Even the word ‘Christian’ did not exist at that time; it was coined in Antioch around 65 A.D. Till then the followers of Christ were known as Nazranis, a name that continues to be used in Kerala.

For further information, read up on the links provided.

You know nothing, Jon Snow!
Dont you suppose a thousand years would bring about profound changes in a society? ANd if you are asking me about differences between a Sanskrit scholar and poet-saint-philosophers, then you are the wrong person to discuss such an issue.

WOW. That was profound.

Everything becomes so much clearer. You have said it, so it must be true.

WOW. That was profound.

Everything becomes so much clearer. You have said it, so it must be true.
Dimwit, read up on the sources I posted.
Now where are your sources for gurukuls being open to everyone? And show us how changes took place over a period of time.

So tell me again how come Muslims are to be blamed for the caste system which was in existence from times of Ramayan and before?-
These are the types of fundus you should steer clear of. They have no idea of their own beliefs, have no idea of their own history and yet go around blaming everyone and everything else for the ills they themselves are responsible for or blindly follow!!

A bigot is rooted in prejudice that is irrational. Its not based on reason or facts.

If the distrust is based on facts and history, then its not bigotry.

Just a very simple example; A 70 year old lady who believes blindly that fasting whole day can give her heaven after death and condemns others who reject this idea is an honest person to her faith but she is equally irrational and prejudiced. This is an e
You mean to be honest is to be a bigot? Hmm, now why is that not surprising? Bengalis shunned the path of truth long time ago. Unfortunately, that has just made then dishonest and their state the arm pit of India. It did not improve their idiocy or bigotry quotient either.
Yes. You understood it perfectly. Manavan, see. This is honesty to one's own belief.

The outcastes, the avarṇa and Maleecha were untouchables and were not part of normal society.

Out caste's were of two type, One who was temporarily thrown out of their caste due to some sin. E.g. eating beef by mistake or travelling overseas. They were givng an oppertunity to come back into society by dong some recommended prayashchit. Prayashchit for a brahmin travelling overseas were pretty strict and had to be observed for 3 years before you can accepted back into the caste.

Others more serious ones like incest were made permanent outcasts and lived outside society and were untouchables. Association with them was considered to bring bad luck and they were avoided at all cost.

Untouchability for out castes did exist, but for Avarna's like tribals and Maleechas were need based.

According to Megesthenes, it was only chandalas who were outcastes and they were very few in numbers. Much of the social norms if you see were designed to avoid contact between strangers, so the well outside the villages, the different eating utensils, the pranams and namastes instead of a hug or hand shake. They all point towards quarantine and watchfulness rather than any illogical untouchability.

Yes people were made outcastes, but those were very very few in numbers.

Hey dimwit, you should learn to use google. But since you find it so difficult to do a little research, let me walk you through this one: For starters:

Kerala[edit]
Christians in Kerala are divided into several communities, including Syrian Christians and Latin Christians. Syrian Christians in Kerala consist of the members of Syro-Malabar Catholic Church (also known as Romo-Syrians), Syro-Malankara Catholic Church, Jacobite Syrian Church (a non-Catholic group), Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church, Malankara Mar Thoma Syrian Church, and a few members of the Church of South India in Kerala. Syrian Christians maintain their traditional Syrian rites and practices. They derive status within the caste system from the tradition that they are converted from high caste Hindus who were evangelized by St. Thomas.[9] In the pre-independence period, Untouchability was prevalent in the Kerala society and the Syrian Christians also practiced it in order to keep their upper-caste status. They used to go for a ritual bath to purify themselves on physical contact with the so-called inferior castes.[10][11][12] The Syrian Christians did not cooperate with the evangelical activities of foreign missionaries and they did not allow new converts to join their community since they were afraid that their noble position in the society could have been endangered.[13]

Writers Arundhati Roy and Anand Kurian have written personal accounts of the caste system at work in their community.[14][15] Syrian Christians tend to be endogamous, and tend not to intermarry with other Christian castes.[16]

Anthropologists have noted that the caste hierarchy among Christians in Kerala is much more polarized than the Hindu practices in the surrounding areas, due to a lack of jatis. Also, the caste status is kept even if the sect allegiance is switched (i.e. from Syrian Catholic to Syrian Orthodox).[2]

or even this:
History of conversions to Christianity in Kerala – an overview
This article takes a brief look into the history of conversions to Christianity in Kerala. The Christians of the State can be broadly categorized into three: Syrian Christians who are believed to have been converted from the upper castes (whether such distinction existed at that time is not clear) by Apostle St. Thomas in 1c, Latin Christians who were converted mostly from lower classes by St. Francis Xavier in the 16c and Dalit Christians who were converted in the 19c by the Anglicans and in the 20c by the Catholic denomination of the Syrians. The labels Syrian and Latin came about because of the respective languages that were used in liturgy. (See: Jewish names among Syrian Christians.)
The Syrian Christian community is referred to by historians as Malabar Church and St. Thomas Christians. This congregation was, till the intrusion by the Western Christianity with the arrival of the Portuguese, a distinctive Eastern Church with the Pope of Rome as a hazy father figure at the far end of a thin long line.
Being a Syrian Christian is a matter of birth and inherited religious convictions. Therefore, conversion to that community is an anomaly. In all its known history till the 20c, the Malabar Church never undertook any missionary work. The theology of the community was that every human being achieved salvation through his own religion; a conclusion that modern Christian theology is increasingly accepting. Spreading the Word of Christ and induced or forced conversions to Christianity are two totally different things. As a result, the Syrian Christians remained an exclusive community to which outsiders had no entry.

Two questions arise here: why then did St. Thomas carry out conversions and, why did he convert only the so called upper classes? The Apostle would have, if one accepts oral tradition, received into the Christian fold only those who came forward willingly and out of conviction. On the question of the claimed class distinction in the conversions by the Apostle, it is necessary to understand the background of his mission. His arrival in Kerala (52A.D.) was before the gentiles were accepted into Christianity. Even the word ‘Christian’ did not exist at that time; it was coined in Antioch around 65 A.D. Till then the followers of Christ were known as Nazranis, a name that continues to be used in Kerala.

For further information, read up on the links provided.

This is Hilarious :lol:

You own "proof" says they were "believed" to be upper caste converts based on their own assertion :lol:

Fails to tell us why a brahmin would risk being an outcaste and throw away all his benefits by converting to christianity. A highly irrational behaviour one would say.

Why ? because they discovered jesus in their heart ? ..... one that replaced all their long years of training in Hinduism ? :coffee:

Which is more rational ?? people who had nothing to lose convert, or people who had everything to lose, convert ?? :cheesy:

So tell me again how come Muslims are to be blamed for the caste system which was in existence from times of Ramayan and before?-

Dude we are on verge of creating new India..For that we need a perfect history.. We just cannot hide the history of discrimination under the carpet bcox those pesudo seculars and commies wrote tons of books about it..so all we can do is bent the history a little bit and make new villains...luckily for us those muslim invaders attacked us...thus new villain is created and we conveniently put all the ill practices of ours on them..thus created a new Hindu culture were caste and social discrimination were not heard of, Brahmins didnt harm anyone and there were no sati and other ill practices.. We heard all these only after those evil invaders came to our land..Otherwise our culture was so pure...

Just a very simple example; A 70 year old lady who believes blindly that fasting whole day can give her heaven after death and condemns others who reject this idea is an honest person to her faith but she is equally irrational and prejudiced. This is an e

Yes. You understood it perfectly. Manavan, see. This is honesty to one's own belief.

err... she is not Manavan, I am :lol:

First part of your post was supposed to show bigotry ? how ? Did she treat others any different ?

This is Hilarious :lol:

You own "proof" says they were "believed" to be upper caste converts based on their own assertion :lol:

Fails to tell us why a brahmin would risk being an outcaste and throw away all his benefits by converting to christianity. A highly irrational behaviour one would say.

Why ? because they discovered jesus in their heart ? ..... one that replaced all their long years of training in Hinduism ? :coffee:

Which is more rational ?? people who had nothing to lose convert, or people who had everything to lose, convert ?? :cheesy:
Who ever said that faith is rational, people were/are rational!? Take your own esteemed self for example!
I can only begin to understand your confusion and frustration. I have handled such before when I used to teach chemistry to degree students!
Anywho, instead of posting idiotic snide comments, why dont you go ahead and post sources to refute what is claimed in those articles?

Dimwit, read up on the sources I posted.
Now where are your sources for gurukuls being open to everyone? And show us how changes took place over a period of time.

I have demolished your "proof" and also provided proof in my earlier post idiot :lol:

I have demolished your "proof" and also provided proof in my earlier post idiot :lol:
Lol, no you havent, tin-foil hat man. Your comments do not count as proof. Show us some good sources.

err... she is not Manavan, I am :lol:

First part of your post was supposed to show bigotry ? how ? Did she treat others any different ?
I was referring to you only. About the first part, I hope you know what I am trying to mean. The old lady is radical about her own belief, might force other ladies in her families to follow the same but she might be damn honest to her own conscience.

Who ever said that faith is rational, people were/are rational!? Take your own esteemed self for example!
I can only begin to understand your confusion and frustration. I have handled such before when I used to teach chemistry to degree students!
Anywho, instead of posting idiotic snide comments, why dont you go ahead and post sources to refute what is claimed in those articles?

LOL... more personal attack. Last resort of the knave.

I am not interested in your life story. Go tell it to someone else. :lol:

What more remains to be posted ? Everything you have said has been countered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom