What's new

Musharraf being targeted because he is 'Muhajir': MQM chief

. Rest assured , Urdu speakers will be the last ones to try to do a Bangladesh . But , I am bothered with this inequality of meting out different treatment for the same . Nothing more , nothing less .

this is the essence of the whole debate, which people must understand.

Local government and demolition of the quota system are the demand of Urban Sindh, anyone who will raise these issue will fetch strong political support from these areas.

You cannot cover Mr.Sharif's biases in the name of Mr.Hussein's objectionable speech.
What Mr.Hussein stated is something which I will not support,since what I have analysed that he is simply trying to take benefit of current scenario.MQM's basic skeleton of political success is very much dependent upon the 'insecurity' of karachiides,by simply reffering Mr.Musharraf as muhajir,he succeed to provoke that specific insecurity.However,we must analyse factors due to which Mr.Hussein succeed to take benefit of situation.
The actual scenario is that Mr.Hussein is really trying to settle his personal scores with Mr.Musharraf.The very same article 6 should be implemented upon this biased politician as well,since he himself conspired against Mr.Musharraf in airplane incident.
Mr.Hussein simply twisted the scenario by playing ethinity card ie, by adding that 'he is muhajir'

I am totally disappointed to see this ,my PTI supporter friends were earlier using same remarks such as 'biases' etc against Mr.Sharif and used slogans against him.Now just to bash Mr.Hussein,they are supporting the very same blood sucking-monster?and bashing Mr.Musharraf as well?
What Mr.Hussein did is disgusting and pathetic.However,targeting Mr.Musharraf just because Mr.Hussein favoured him for his disgusting political agenda is objectionable.
-Regards

Last edited:
this is the essence of the whole debate, which people must understand.

Local government and demolition of the quota system are the demand of Urban Sindh, anyone who will raise these issue will fetch strong political support from these areas.

Good point.Indeed,quota system must be demolished,plus unequal distribution of provential bounderies requires reconsideration and re-arrangement/re-division somehow,since these flaws/lapses are causing 'insecurity' due to unequal quota system,as a result of which our selfish political class is 'exploiting' this insecurity.
I have always stated in 'loud and clear' tone that if any xyz political party is willing to take seats in Karachi admimstration,then they must win trust of people of karachi.We want to see well-designed developmental projects and implementation of procedure.
-Regards

Last edited:
That is one strong point.Indeed,quota system must be demolished,plus unequal distribution of provential bounderies requires reconsideration and re-arrangement somwhow,since these flaws/lapses are causing 'insecurity' due to unequal quota system,as a result of which our selfish political class is 'exploiting' this insecurity.

-Regards

The first quota system in Pakistan was introduced by none other than a Muhajir, namely Liquat Ali Khan. To facilitate his Muhajir people he introduced the first quota system in 1948 and allocated almost 17% seats for Muhajirs and potential Muslim immigrants from india. Bhutto just modified this unfair system and balanced it. It was good when the Muslims of the united proves were fighting for the fair quota in jobs, but it is unfair if Sindhis demand the same thing.

Good point.Indeed,quota system must be demolished,plus unequal distribution of provential bounderies requires reconsideration and re-arrangement/re-division somehow,since these flaws/lapses are causing 'insecurity' due to unequal quota system,as a result of which our selfish political class is 'exploiting' this insecurity.
I have always stated in 'loud and clear' tone that if any xyz political party is willing to take seats in Karachi admimstration,then they must win trust of people of karachi.We want to see well-designed developmental projects and implementation of procedure.
-Regards

when MQM is out of power, it is reminded of quota system. These are not just terrorists, but super hypocrites.

Musharrafs all medical tests were normal, now no more excuses.

This is a very sad statement from MQM chief who mostly tries to talk about rule of law and upholding our constitution, even though actions of his party many times may not match his words which is unfortunately the case with other political parties as well.

We are all Urdu speaking in terms of Urdu as our national language and general language of communication between people of all ethnicities, something ethnic Urdu speaking people should be proud of.

Either Altaf Hussain wants to play ethnic card which is extremely sad again or he is totally out of touch with reality.

All Pakistanis including MQM supporters should ask Altaf Hussain to not make any statements that can, in any way, damage our country.
Actually I believe it should be "All Pakistanis including MQM supporters should ask Altaf Hussain to not make any statements"

You do realize that you cant kid everywhere - specially on serious political threads , mate . I thought I owe you an explanation . What would I have answered anyways ? :D . Well then you said the keyword there , yes with explanations , but the thing nonetheless is " MQM is singled out because of overwhelming support of Muhajirs " . Now , I am surprised further with the rationalization of the things and the cultural stereotypes , you have built from . The thought pattern of " creators of Pakistan " is limited to a very tinny number of Urdu speakers - despite knowing about it , there's not a single instance in my life where I would have heard from anybody I have interacted with . Indeed the reality is , a disproportionate number ( if not almost all to exaggerate it beyond all limits ) of people living in Karachi , Hyderabad and other cities ( urban Sindh ) , most of them Urdu speakers but astonishingly a large number of other ethnicity/race support and vote for MQM , they gather just too much support from the local populace sure , they can bring the people to the streets , they have an impressive record in elections over the years even in those held under the army ( electoral fraud can only get you that far ) - including the seats they won in Gilgit-Baltistan and their work was visible at the time - Mustafa Kamal was a Mayor . Accept it or not , it wouldn't again make no difference to the reality on ground . How and Why this happens , there is no one answer , the best possible approach lies in understanding the history of urban part of this province - forced demographic changes , quota system , domiciles , operations , massacres have all contributed to their success with a certain part of population and on the whole with liberals/seculars - learn a little about it . Ignorance of the facts is no excuse and one can only get so far without studying history . There is the issue of " son of soil " thing and a real sense of deprivation and unequal treatment within Muhajirs , that is a reason too . The cause is hidden but the result is well known again . Wasn't it you who said people do not go haywire suddenly ? Why create monsters where none exists and try to fight them , I always ask !

But all of that , even whilst being true , doesn't explain the logic of " blaming a single political party and sparing others when they have done far worse - verbally or physically - take your pick " . Is there anything worse than breaking Pakistan ? Mr.Bhutto is the person responsible for that politically , but nobody even remotely mentions this part of history , let alone blame him of anything . So , of course when people overlook all other things by different political parties and talk of " death to the activists/supporters/voters/leaders of that political party only " without seeing and understanding the bigger picture , it makes no sense . You speak of the situation in other provinces , mate , its not much different than here somehow . If you cant draw a parallel with this thing , you cant draw a parallel with the situation in other provinces . Despite the fact that the Hon PM is occupying the driving seat for the third time now . The KPK has long been obsessed with ANP and Mullahs - alternating between both before settling for PTI for now . The Rural Sindh will not vote for anyone else than the feudal(s) of PPP . The Baluch vote for whoever pays their Sardars - the loyalty lies with the highest bidder . The urban Sindh has two choices only - either vote for MQM or PPP , the latter wont give two hoots about it later , the others just haven't been successful here for whatever reasons and have no political base in this province . There is a limited set of choices that everybody makes in this country , Armstrong , why doubt this thing and base the whole argument on it when the others have been doing more or less the same ? Never read Game Theory ? :D

Now coming to the " strong reactions " part , explain to me the whole thing of absolving others of their sins just because of a false perception of " all powerful sole authority which can somehow always gets it way " and just because the others are alternated at times . Even if I were to accept that , the political parties making such statements in the past were still representatives of the people who voted for them and brought them into power either currently or in the past - you have had three such statements from JI and JUI just this month . What excuse lies for not hyping it upto the point and giving the publicity which the MQM chief has got today ? Siraj-ul-Haq made similar remarks if " equal treatment " isn't meted , the Pakistanis should get ready for another " fall of Dhaka " . The Diesel Moulana had to say that Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa will not remain a part of the Pakistan . Not so long ago , the ANP top leader was threatening to break the federation if Kala-Bagh dam is constructed . PPP leader said that we went out to break the country when Bibi Shaheed was killed - search his name . Altaf Hussain said something similar that if you do not like us , divide the province ( which falls within the framework of the constitution of Pakistan ) before it gets too far and leads to balkanization . Yes it is a disgusting card to use , but in this dirty politics arena , it is used at times . Why cant we treat every statement equally then ?

I wasn't talking in particular about you , do not take things specifically . Most of the times , I talk generally . As for members on the forum , similar is the story with die hard fans of other political parties , so why take them so seriously for it isn't worth it ? Nobody agrees with everything he says , he just makes some valid points which gathers the support . We aren't one big happy family with a single thinking pattern for God's sake ! Did I ever tell you , I agree with his warning that the things if left in the same state will lead to disintegration of country ? No , because I do not . I do not agree with his modus operandi and most of his policies . Rest assured , Urdu speakers will be the last ones to try to do a Bangladesh . But , I am bothered with this inequality of meting out different treatment for the same . Nothing more , nothing less .

When the heck did you write this & why wasn't I alerted that you'd written this ? :what:

Itnaa lambaa dukhraaa parhneiii ka mereiii paassss time nahin haiii ! :whistle:

So write a summary for me ! :smokin:

Oh bhai there is no inequality of treatment being meted out here & the reason why ANP's Statement or PPP's Statement on breaking the country apart doesn't illicit the same kind of reaction because the Punjabi is involved & because the Punjabi is the most convenient punching bag out there because despite being a behemoth he ain't gonna respond - The reaction isn't there !

Over here the Punjabi wasn't the punching bag - it was the Rural Sindhi or the PPP in other words & they do bite back !

Furthermore Altaf's Statements are one of many with a complete history to them unlike the one-off aerial fires of ANP or PPP whenever Punjab is to be emotionally blackmailed !

A case in point could be that Altaf's 'Mushy is being targeted because hes a Muhajir' didn't elicit nearly the same kind of response as his previous statement did because inadvertently the Punjabi came into the picture through implication !

Still furthermore - Not quite a few politicians from Punjab have responded to this or even to the threat of creating a new province its the Sindhi Nationalists, PPP & other such regional parties who've reacted as strongly as they did !

Why do you think thats so ? Because they bite back....we don't !

Even on this forum the ones who've responded back are the ones who've always responded to such statements & had there been a PDF when the ANP or PPP were going about making statements about breaking Pakistan up they would !

We're a passionate lot without any soft-spot for or a special kind of hate for anyone - You can judge by the reaction that JI got when her Leader thought of creating a 'Martyr....not Martyr' debate !

Actually I believe it should be "All Pakistanis including MQM supporters should ask Altaf Hussain to not make any statements"
........... :rofl:
this post reminded me a Bollywood song of late 90s 'ho nahi sakta ........ ho nahi sakta'

that was such a melodious song ..... :angel:

The first quota system in Pakistan was introduced by none other than a Muhajir, namely Liquat Ali Khan.

Just for the 15 years ..... why this thing exists even in 2013 .... ???

Last edited:
........... :rofl:
this post reminded me a Bollywood song of late 90s 'ho nahi sakta ........ ho nahi sakta'

it was such a melodious song ..... :angel:

Dushman ka ganaaa sunaaa aaap neiii ? :mad:

Chuppaa looo yuuunh dil mein piyaaar meraaa ke jaisee mandir mein looh diyee kiii ! :ashamed:

Just for the 15 years ..... why this thing exists even in 2013 .... ???

Because some Khan Sahib from Karachi who speaks Urdu needed to get admitted to the top Universities in the country so that he may one day work for the Islamic Bank I'm gonna open up ! :whistle:

Also we had to get him admitted to the top Universities because Bhabi was going to one of those Universities too - Humm kisss tarhaan yeh na-insafii kar sakteiii theiii unn donooon keiii saaath ? :D

Dushman ka ganaaa sunaaa aaap neiii ? :mad:

Chuppaa looo yuuunh dil mein piyaaar meraaa ke jaisee mandir mein looh diyee kiii ! :ashamed:

Yaar aik hi cheez main tu hamara Dushman achaa hai .....

Because some Khan Sahib from Karachi who speaks Urdu needed to get admitted to the top Universities in the country so that he may one day work for the Islamic Bank I'm gonna open up ! :whistle:

Also we had to get him admitted to the top Universities because Bhabi was going to one of those Universities too - Humm kisss tarhaan yeh na-insafii kar sakteiii theiii unn donooon keiii saaath ? :D

Nahi ....... :disagree:

I got admission in KU on merit in MA economic ...... but dean se phadha ho gaya tha 1 semister ma ...... 'us ki izaat rak li or apni bacha li' ..... ;)

At federal level quta sys was introdue to create parity b/w provinces ..... 'Karachi being Capital' had only 2% quota

BTW quota system in 1948 is as given below
Bengal 42%
Punjab 23%
All Other provinces [ Sindh,Balochistan and NWFP ]and Princely States 17%
Potential Immigrants from India 15%
Karachi (capital city) 2%

Yaar aik hi cheez main tu hamara Dushman achaa hai .....

Nahi ....... :disagree:

I got admission in KU on merit in MA economic ...... but dean se phadha ho gaya tha 1 semister ma ...... 'us ki izaat rak li or apni bacha li' ..... ;)

At federal level to create parity b/w provinces ..... 'Karachi being Capital' had only 2% quota

BTW quota system in 1948 is as given below
Bengal 42%
Punjab 23%
All Other provinces [ Sindh,Balochistan and NWFP ]and Princely States 17%
Potential Immigrants from India 15%
Karachi (capital city) 2%

Waisee aaap kahan seiii parheiii hoiii haiin aur kiyaa parheiii hoii haiiin ? :)

The quota system should be there but it should be pegged some percentage with merit & some percentage with the Human Development Index i.e those of us who belong to socially & economically less developed areas should be given more opportunities to move forward !

Waisee aaap kahan seiii parheiii hoiii haiin aur kiyaa parheiii hoii haiiin ? :)

The quota system should be there but it should be pegged some percentage with merit & some percentage with the Human Development Index i.e those of us who belong to socially & economically less developed areas should be given more opportunities to move forward !

Last edited:
Lanat teri shakal pe gende:guns::butcher::triniti::feminist:..................us shahs k bare main ke raha he jis ne sari zindagi pakistan ki hifazat ki aur aj b kare ga........... Koi is gadhe k mun pe :lock: lagae

Back
Top Bottom