What's new

Musharraf being targeted because he is 'Muhajir': MQM chief

When he became the Chief of the Army Staff, the country's most prestigious position, wasn't he a 'muhajir' then?

When he became the Chief of the Army Staff, the country's most prestigious position, wasn't he a 'muhajir' then?

History suggests Musharraf and MQM have had great ties because MQM was revived after it was presumably considered dead in the 90s. During the reign of Musharraf, MQM was in Power all along and was getting armed to teeth. Furthermore, the support didn't stop even when Musharraf came back from UAE. He had trusted MQM's security in Karachi over Army's security in Rawalpindi. It was not until the Courts interfered and moved him to Islamabad for charges. You don't need to be surprised. After all this, i think he can become the next MQM chief, perhaps the moment when Altaf will get arrested in London.

History suggests Musharraf and MQM have had great ties because MQM was revived after it was presumably considered dead in the 90s. During the reign of Musharraf, MQM was in Power all along and was getting armed to teeth. Furthermore, the support didn't stop even when Musharraf came back from UAE. He had trusted MQM's security in Karachi over Army's security in Rawalpindi. It was not until the Courts interfered and moved him to Islamabad for charges. You don't need to be surprised. After all this, i think he can become the next MQM chief, perhaps the moment when Altaf will get arrested in London.

Point to ponder. :) Thanks

Yes he was and Ayub was a Pakhtun, Yahya was a Qizilbashi Pakhtun, Zia a Punjabi so what is the point? Did others hide their ethnic background? Even if he does, which he did not, say that he is a muhajir, how is that a bad thing? When we have buried all other ethnicities, then one can make the case that the term Muhajir should not be used. As a Punjabi I am proud, a Pakhtun is brave, a Baloch is honourable, a Sindhi is gracious, but no, one can never use the word Muhajir! Hope you see the idiotic insanity in all of this.

We should understand minority dynamics. Minorities will always be much more sensitive to perceptions of being singled out. When only a general from the minority ethnic group is picked upon to pay for the sins of all the past military takeovers, well then obviously questions related to ethnicity will be raised. Why is the former CJP and his bench that validated the takeover not on the hook? Why are hundreds of politicians who abetted his takeover not being taken to task? These questions are feeding a sense of being singled out:

Hassan Nisar is right on the mark with this point:

and was getting armed to teeth.
What is the specific proof behind this claim? And is the assumption here not being made that because Musharraf was a Muhajir CoAS, so he did what all others expect him to do, which was to arm to the teeth the MQM. I have never known Musharraf to be provincial minded and in the Army, specially at this level, such things don't happen.

Secondly, Musharraf did NOT get "Army" security contrary to what you state. No former CoAS is given Army security. At best Musharraf was offered a Police security team with Rangers as back up because he was the former President of Pakistan. He decided to reach out to former members of his SSG CP team to get his own security. Police is compromised and using them would have led to another Salman Taseer like situation.

Innuendo is the bane of Pakistan.

Last edited:
The core base of entire problem is that our constitution was never well implemented and it was twisted and violated to settle personal scores.
Thus,these violations caused trust deficiency between our civil regime and armed sectors.I personally believe that new reforms are not required in our constitution 1973,instead we must assure that this constitution must be well-implemented.In order to assure proper implementation,we need to review our policy about giving party tiçket to candidate and check his/her eligibility to take part in election process.If our candidates will be of fine character and high moral,then our elected governments will be strong.Thus our strong governments consisting of eligible individuals of high moral will cover trust deficiency and armed sectors will work smoothly with them,plus our constitution will not be violated or abused by any group,since ministers will promote army chiefs on the basis of performance and tendency to understand scenario rather then personal means.
-Regards

Alright , what makes you say that MQM was dead after the 1992 operation which went haywire , got an ethnic angle and resulted in more support for the political party ? Counter productive , the word being . If one wants to gauge the success of a political party , one must look at the election results , so lets check it out and tell me , is your statement still correct ? It was in power , sure , but it wasn't getting armed to the teeth . I would really appreciate a certain source/proof/evidence for that claim and a serious allegation , which would mean that the President was arming a political party's militant wing . Furthermore , I want to ask , what do you know about PPP and ANP to declare only Altaf's party - the mother of all evil ? Do others not operate a militant wing too ? For ANP , it is far more easy to get weapons , the jewellery and drugs routinely flow from the other side of Khyber Pass , for the Bhutto's party it is even more easy since they have been in Govt most of the time in this province and in total control . Yet there is not a word against them , now please do not tell me that would be off topic for you to discuss , for it would make little sense and a silly excuse for putting blame on one party and absolving the rest of sins . I am must astonished to see the posts of many members explicitly saying or implying that somehow MQM is responsible for Pakistan's every mishap and trying to portray a political party as terrorist outfit for I know there are far worse elements in the city who have and are causing damage and law and order problems . Rest of your post is gibberish and the usual emotional outburst , I see here , not worth answering .

Secondly, Musharraf did NOT get "Army" security contrary to what you state. No former CoAS is given Army security. At best Musharraf was offered a Police security team with Rangers as back up because he was the former President of Pakistan.

ROFL :rofl:

What is the specific proof behind this claim?

It was in power , sure , but it wasn't getting armed to the teeth . I would really appreciate a certain source/proof/evidence for that claim and a serious allegation , which would mean that the President was arming a political party's militant wing .

Who appointed Babur Ghauri as the Shipping and Ports Minister ?

Listen what DG Rangers Rizwan Akhtar had to say about NATO containers:

‮پاکستان‬ - ‭BBC Urdu‬ - ‮’کراچی میں اسلحے سے بھرے 19 ہزار کنٹینرز کی آمد‘‬

Explain this:

Rangers recover Indian weapons from MQM office

And most importantly this revealed by Wikileaks ! :

MQM, Musharraf, landlords and ISI involved in May 12 incident: Sattar - thenews.com.pk

If one wants to gauge the success of a political party , one must look at the election results

No success, Its all fraud. ECP has caught you red handed many times. The recent NA-250 re-election and the murder of PTI Karachi Vice President is enough evidence.

Its a fact. Most of Karachi's continuances are situated in Muhajir areas. Why is it that we never hear about Pukhtuns ? There is no way they are voting for MQM as you people generalize them as Taliban or Terrorists. These people are close to 40% of the total population and next thing you know their vote doesn't count.

Last edited:
Kiya khuch ghalat kahaa ? :unsure:

Agar aap Hyderabadi nasal ke nahin tou phir kissss nasal ke haiiin ? :azn:

Hyderabad se koi taluq nahi hai yaar .......

and I told you earlier in Naswaristan ....... :azn:

Hyderabad se koi taluq nahi hai yaar .......

and I told you earlier in Naswaristan ....... :azn:

Koi Pashtun angle zaroor ayaa thaa ! :unsure:

Pataa nahin kahin aap woh Rohillas jo theii unn mein sei tou nahin ! :undecided:

Ya phir kahin aap Irfan Pathan kei cousin tou nahin ! :blink:

Yes he was and Ayub was a Pakhtun, Yahya was a Qizilbashi Pakhtun, Zia a Punjabi so what is the point? Did others hide their ethnic background? Even if he does, which he did not, say that he is a muhajir, how is that a bad thing? When we have buried all other ethnicities, then one can make the case that the term Muhajir should not be used. As a Punjabi I am proud, a Pakhtun is brave, a Baloch is honourable, a Sindhi is gracious, but no, one can never use the word Muhajir! Hope you see the idiotic insanity in all of this.

We should understand minority dynamics. Minorities will always be much more sensitive to perceptions of being singled out. When only a general from the minority ethnic group is picked upon to pay for the sins of all the past military takeovers, well then obviously questions related to ethnicity will be raised. Why is the former CJP and his bench that validated the takeover not on the hook? Why are hundreds of politicians who abetted his takeover not being taken to task? These questions are feeding a sense of being singled out:

Hassan Nisar is right on the mark with this point:

What is the specific proof behind this claim? And is the assumption here not being made that because Musharraf was a Muhajir CoAS, so he did what all others expect him to do, which was to arm to the teeth the MQM. I have never known Musharraf to be provincial minded and in the Army, specially at this level, such things don't happen.

Secondly, Musharraf did NOT get "Army" security contrary to what you state. No former CoAS is given Army security. At best Musharraf was offered a Police security team with Rangers as back up because he was the former President of Pakistan. He decided to reach out to former members of his SSG CP team to get his own security. Police is compromised and using them would have led to another Salman Taseer like situation.

Innuendo is the bane of Pakistan.

The people of the same sensitive minority group distributed sweets when Zia ur rajeem murdered Bhutto. Sindhi were also a minority when their leader was hanged, Pashtun were also a minority when their 80 year old leader was incarcerated and called ghaddar. Baloch were also a minority when mushee the unintelligent coward killed Bugti. You guys have no respect for minorities but here you are just using this excuse to save the skin of your coward kamando.

As I have told you earlier, nothing will happen to the kamando as these corrupt politicians want to hang him by balls but they won't find any and this is what will save his life. I also don't need remind you the spotless track record of Pakfaujzindabad against the dangerous awam and politicians.

This Hasan Nisar is a fool of the highest order. The oath is taken to protect the constitution of the country. Otherwise if every fool is allowed to take action he finds suitable for the country then what we get is a banana republic like Pakistan.

But this Muhajir from India is the most rabid anti India basher! The Pakistanis should love him for this. So why is he being targeted?

Funny world! :fie:

Rabid is a word best used to describe your nation, especially you. There are a lot of other words that describe you and your nation but I would rather not use them.

I respect your thoughts and want to be just Pakistani, but your analogy is actually not true, i would say. Infact, if you see last 35 years, most of the COAS, Presidents, PMs, CJs were Mahajirs, sindhis, Pathans, Baluchis or Siraiki Speaking. Infact Punjabis are 33% of total Population, can you share the names who were Punjabis in those positions? I only remember three names General Kiyani (5 years), Ch. Shujat (1 month PM), & Justice Sheikh Riaz Ahmad (1 year).

Ps: i know Being Majority, Punjabis have extra duty towards institution, understand why they don't speak much on issue of discrimination.

Punjab is actually 60%, you will include the Siraiki belt and Bahawalpur etc. as Punjab, right?

I do not concur the the person to whom you have responded especially in regards to Civil jobs as Urdu speaking minority is not really interested in CSS and Bureaucracy and that is why their numbers are declining steadily when once they held most of the bureaucratic position (as I have heard). It's most likely because Urdu speaking are not really interested in jobs that guarantee bribes as the primary source of income unlike non-urdu speaking majority of Sindh especially.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom