What's new

Multirole combat aircrafts, medium range SAM and UAV systems to be procured this fiscal year

Mig-29 production line is closed except Mig-29k and they have no plan of opening it.

Besides Russians not going to open a production line for Mig-35 only for a order of 8 fighter for a price that BD would be willing to pay. The,only fighter Russia can offer now are Su-30s.
But my gutts feeling is that this time J-10A second hand with China loan. BD already spent all of 1 billion dollar Russian loan.
Egypt ordered Mig 35 this year, Mig 35 will also join Russian airforce next year.

BAF intended to acquire ten squadrons of 4++ generation fighters by 2030. These ten squadrons were to consist of four multirole and six air superiority squadrons. BAF planned to have at least four squadrons of 4++ generation fighters by 2021.

The 8 jets are only a few of what BAF will ultimately procure by 2030. This target is 10 squadron of 4++ generation fighters, 160 planes.

Whole bunch of APC, YAK, anti tank Missile, Helicopter, Radar.
Now, we can see the usefulness of YAK training jets. This purchase was a prelude for buying the multirole fighters. The pilots are being trained by the YAKs. BAF and all other forces are making purchases in a well thought out plan.

I hope Bangladesh thinks long term when it chooses these 8 planes. Mig-29 would be a waste.

I hope Bangladesh thinks long term when it chooses these 8 planes. Mig-29 would be a waste.
Being a bit optimistic, any chance for Su-35? :D
BRO, why on earth BD needs SU-35? The arm-chaired Marshals that had bought MIG-29s seemed like didn't learn the lessons even after the wastage of many hundred millions for keeping those 2nd hand junks flyable. BTW, does anyone here even know that MIG-29s can't go full (after burner) throttle because of BD's small 'Air space'; so why on parroting for the same 2 engine's route again?

IMO, BAF needs a package of STOL/VTOL or short landing’s capable but fast/agile, single engine's interceptor along with sharp eyes in the ground, sea and on air. Only JAS-39s or J-10s or FC-1s fits the bill in this context along with different AD systems and AWACs. Due to the cost and logistical nightmare, JAS ngs are no go then remainders are J-10s and FC-1s. I think custom made J-10s and FC-1/JF-17 are the solutions here. Add short, medium and long range AD’s systems coupled with NAVAL/Maritime surveillance and AWACS air assets. That would provide CREDIBLE deterrence against enemy’s aggression, IMHO.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/multirol...-this-fiscal-year.465650/page-4#ixzz4SfKbSGLT

BRO, why on earth BD needs SU-35? The arm-chaired Marshals that had bought MIG-29s seemed like didn't learn the lessons even after the wastage of many hundred millions for keeping those 2nd hand junks flyable. BTW, does anyone here even know that MIG-29s can't go full (after burner) throttle because of BD's small 'Air space'; so why on parroting for the same 2 engine's route again?

IMO, BAF needs a package of STOL/VTOL or short landing’s capable but fast/agile, single engine's interceptor along with sharp eyes in the ground, sea and on air. Only JAS-39s or J-10s or FC-1s fits the bill in this context along with different AD systems and AWACs. Due to the cost and logistical nightmare, JAS ngs are no go then remainders are J-10s and FC-1s. I think custom made J-10s and FC-1/JF-17 are the solutions here. Add short, medium and long range AD’s systems coupled with NAVAL/Maritime surveillance and AWACS air assets. That would provide CREDIBLE deterrence against enemy’s aggression, IMHO.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/multirol...-this-fiscal-year.465650/page-4#ixzz4SfKbSGLT

Thats what taliban thinks. Put a burka all around border and you can rule the fools inside for ever.
If FC-1 could secure china they would not had bought flanker.

What i meant to say is right now air force has F-7BG and F-7BGI total about 32. Also 8 old Mig-29. IF there is indeed a plan to add squadrons in the future perhaps we should limit and eventually phase out the Mig-29 and adopt a new platform. Honestly we dont need anything more than FC-1. However my hope is that Bangladesh can adopt a western platform such as used gripens. this however is unlikely. most probably we will go for another 8 used Mig-29s to complete the squadron.

I dont want old crap plane
Mig 29 newer model and upgrade the old ones
J10 su30 jf17 blk 3
Sam s400 buy a good amount cover the whole bd
Drone china it can do mostly everything like the western ones

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom