What's new

Multirole combat aircrafts, medium range SAM and UAV systems to be procured this fiscal year

If we take the minimum number for a fighter squadron to be 18 - that's 180 new fighter jets in the space of 13 years. That is very, very ambitious.

Considering our current number is around 40-45!

We follow 1squadron=16 fighters.

160 fighters in 13 years shouldn't be a big deal since it won't be procured from a single source. We just need to secure the deals early for mass supply.

10 sqd of fighters will have a mix of new and old.

I am certain the 2 squads of new F7 and the sqd of Yaks are counted as front line fighters .... unless someone can correct me.

If the a sqd of mig is completed that only leaves 6 sqd to procure..... that's not a lot to get in the time...

I am fairly confident that the completion of the mig squad we are unlikely to see anything for a while. BD probably will give J10 another year to see its viability.

I am certain the 2 squads of new F7 and the sqd of Yaks are counted as front line fighters .... unless someone can correct me.

If the a sqd of mig is completed that only leaves 6 sqd to procure..... that's not a lot to get in the time...

I am fairly confident that the completion of the mig squad we are unlikely to see anything for a while. BD probably will give J10 another year to see its viability.

I don't think Yaks are counted as fighters because the media has been terming it as "combat trainers" or "advanced trainers".

:close_tema::hitwall:
Not yak and F7 are counted in 10 sqd fighters program.

Can't understand the above squiggles, can you translate please.
8 Multi-role fighter aircrafts, 6 Mil Mi171sh, 2 SAR helicopters, 1 medium ranged SAM system and 1 UAV system will be procured in this fiscal year.
In Future more Multi role fighter aircraft, medium lift helicopter, mobile and Doppler radar will be bought

8 Multi-role fighter aircrafts, 6 Mil Mi171sh, 2 SAR helicopters, 1 medium ranged SAM system and 1 UAV system will be procured in this fiscal year.
In Future more Multi role fighter aircraft, medium lift helicopter, mobile and Doppler radar will be bought

I think they referred to pulse-doppler radars, the reporter heard it plus! :lol:

I only added the yaks as they do have combat capabilities although limited ......

Good to hear they are not going to be counted as part of the 10 squadrons.

8 is just too less even for Bangladesh, the way your economy is going you could easily afford a complete squadron or two.

we are most probably going to going for more Mig-29 and upgrade existing Mig-29 to latest version . for UAV many Chinese option available , but as no hints available which type and what role the UAV will play uncertain . Chinese Medium range SAM probably the option .

Mig-35 also has high chances I guess, but need to wait until the final decision is made...

Being an Indian your reservation about Bangladesh having a capable fighter aircraft fleet is quite understandable.You don't want to Bangladesh have any capability of retaliatory raid in India in case of a hypothetical Bangladesh-India hostility.That's why you advocate SAM,isn't it? But we are opting for both.:P
First point i am not indian

second point you wont be able to match india in a dog fight war of attrition as IAF can field atleast 5 aircraft for every one you field. even if your armed forces goal succeeds

However Sam , espacially a missle that shoots down the shinny 50 million usd arcraft of IAF will cost only 20000 usd. makes economicall sense. also maintaining fighter squadrons put strains on economy. SAM batteries dont.

what i am talking about is a cheap option.

as for retaliatory raid the problem is other side has SAM's as well

much better if BD invests in land attact cruise missles inline with tomahawk or Babur and start producing them inhome under tot

First point i am not indian

second point you wont be able to match india in a dog fight war of attrition as IAF can field atleast 5 aircraft for every one you field. even if your armed forces goal succeeds

However Sam , espacially a missle that shoots down the shinny 50 million usd arcraft of IAF will cost only 20000 usd. makes economicall sense. also maintaining fighter squadrons put strains on economy. SAM batteries dont.

what i am talking about is a cheap option.

as for retaliatory raid the problem is other side has SAM's as well

much better if BD invests in land attact cruise missles inline with tomahawk or Babur and start producing them inhome under tot

SAM is what I always prioritize when there are talks about defending the country from a superior air force. Now, SAM sites, unless are movable by truck or other means, may become the target of surface to surface missile attacks that will destroy the sites. So, a combination of both SAM and fighter planes is needed. Then, of course, a superior air force will prevail in time of a conflict. However, a war cannot be won in the air only and the ground troops have to move in. BD riverine nature and its people will protect the country as it has always been.

No more f-7s the production is stopped.
Yak isn't in a fighter squadron... I mean it's more for training roles
I think the current plan of 8 is to complete the mig squad.... les see if these will be new 35s or used 29s
Or possible new 29s

I think they'll get 2 squadrons of heavies 2 of multirole and the rest will be Chinese j-10 possibly.

Ministry of Defence discloses their purchasing plan for Air Force.
According to the MoD, BAF is to procure the following hardwares in 2016-17 fiscal year:
- 8 × Multirole Fighter Jets or MRCA
- 2 × Training Helicopters
- 11 × PT-6 Basic Trainer Aircrafts
- 6 × MiL Mi-171sh CAS/Transport Helicopters
- 2 × MSAR Helicopters
- UAV systems
- Medium Range Surface to Air Missile system
- A short Range Air Defence Radar
- A Long Range Air Defence Radar
Also, indicates that more MRCAs, Transport Helicopters & Mobile Pulse-Doppler radar systems are to be integrated in near future.
#MoD #FG2030 #BAF #

Ministry of Defence discloses their purchasing plan for Air Force.
According to the MoD, BAF is to procure the following hardwares in 2016-17 fiscal year:
- 8 × Multirole Fighter Jets or MRCA
- 2 × Training Helicopters
- 11 × PT-6 Basic Trainer Aircrafts
- 6 × MiL Mi-171sh CAS/Transport Helicopters
- 2 × MSAR Helicopters
- UAV systems
- Medium Range Surface to Air Missile system
- A short Range Air Defence Radar
- A Long Range Air Defence Radar
Also, indicates that more MRCAs, Transport Helicopters & Mobile Pulse-Doppler radar systems are to be integrated in near future.
#MoD #FG2030 #BAF #
No specific information on kind of jets they looking for?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom