What's new

Mughal’s Rajput policy vs Afghan policy

Hey at least you don't come from Kerala.

What are we nown for? Trade. That's it.

And possibly being the reason why white people colonised us.

Damn Black pepper and spices. Damn you!!!
I'm good friends with Kerela Christians in my college, very hyper people. Not what I expected to be honest.
And Nair people are warriors, that can't be denied.

I'm good friends with Kerela Christians in my college, very hyper people. Not what I expected to be honest.
And Nair people are warriors, that can't be denied.

What do you mean :unsure:

:D

Well there very noisy, the ones I know anyway. Always get kicked out the college library for making to much noise lol.

Nair people are known for their unique marriage customs rather than being warriors though. :-)

Your indeed right about that but then they never got the glory that north India had had either?
When you lead from the front you either get the glory or the worst. Cities of north India like Delhi among the most glorious in line with Rome , Athens , Damascus ,Baghdad and Constantinople etc.

I read the same description about the city of Patliputra, not Delhi. :sarcastic::sarcastic: BTW Gupta Empire is considered as the greatest Empire of North known for age of scientific, art and literature and founded the greatest educational institutions in entire Indian history. ;) Delhi's glory was only confined to beautiful buildings and cuisine, otherwise there was nothing much special about them.

You have to remember, North Indians have more in common with Pakistanis than they do with South Indians. As a South Indian, I am damn proud that we were able to preserve Ancient Hindu culture.

The similarity is because of the common Indo-Aryan languages and common food like roti as staple food and that similarity is only exists with Sindhi, Punjabi and Muhajirs while the Baloch-Pashtuns hardly share anything common with North Indians. They separated from us because of the fear of being ruled by a Hindu majority.

Last edited:
But those Sultans were never able to build an Empire that could even remotely match the cultural, Militaristic, social, economical splendour of the Vijayanagara kingdoms, or the Chola Kingdom before that.

It still doesn't change the fact that South Indian culture by and large, and by that I mean Classical Hindu culture has survived Intact in Southern India. Temples in Tamil nadu are a sight to behold.

What was the Hindu culture in South India 2000 years ago, continue to survive intact, and relatively unadulterated. South India has been able to make leaps and bounds in educating it's citizens, providing healthcare.

South India also escaped unscathed from the partition cataclysm except Andhra Pradesh where a certain (Nizam had to be taken care of).
Sure the Rajputs and the Pathans and the Punjabis all can claim a warrior heritage. But in the modern age, I think South Indians adapted more quickly than the feudals in Pakistan, Northern India.

You have to remember, North Indians have more in common with Pakistanis than they do with South Indians. As a South Indian, I am damn proud that we were able to preserve Ancient Hindu culture.

Don't mistake other north Indian states with Pakistan and Indian punjab. Here is world bank poverty report, only states of India which have less poverty then whole Pakistan are Punjab, Assam and Himachel Pradesh. And if we just take Pakistan Punjab and Indian punjab then it will be most prosperous state in both countries.

A part from that we don't have that higher caste and low caste culture of South India, where brahmins are politically and socially very powerful despite being few % of population. There is nothing to be proud of perserving 2000 years old culture, after all it was also gift of NW people of subcontinent and not indigenous South Indian culture.

India%2BPoverty%2BWB%2B2011.png

The similarity is because of the common Indo-Aryan languages and common food like roti as staple food and that similarity is only exists with Sindhi, Punjabi and Muhajirs while the Baloch-Pashtuns hardly share anything common with North Indians. They separated from us because of the fear of being ruled by a Hindu majority.

Pakistan punjabis similarities end in Indian Punjab. Sindhis in India are couple of millions who migrated there after partition.

Don't mistake other north Indian states with Pakistan and Indian punjab. Here is world bank poverty report, only states of India which have less poverty then whole Pakistan are Punjab, Assam and Himachel Pradesh. And if we just take Pakistan Punjab and Indian punjab then it will be most prosperous state in both countries.

A part from that we don't have that higher caste and low caste culture of South India, where brahmins are politically and socially very powerful despite being few % of population. There is nothing to be proud of perserving 2000 years old culture, after all it was also gift of NW people of subcontinent and not indigenous South Indian culture.

Pakistan punjabis similarities end in Indian Punjab. Sindhis in India are couple of millions who migrated there after partition.
Are you shan?

Pakistan's poverty is more than entire India and Pakistan's literacy rate is even worse than Bihar. Pakistan will reach the goal of 60% literacy only by 2015. :yes4:

I pointed out to Indo-Aryan languages and common food like roti and daal as main food. :girl_wacko: I think Pakistani Punjabis are similar to nobody neither North Indians and not with Sindhis and Muhajirs and hardly any similarity with Pashtuns. :laugh:

Pakistan's poverty is more than entire India and Pakistan's literacy rate is even worse than Bihar. Pakistan will reach the goal of 60% literacy only by 2015. :yes4:

I guess you didn't see the latest world bank report? :haha: And i would rather believe in World Bank, and you shoudl to :big_boss:

Punjabi history is pretty appalling.

We are your forefathers, have some respect.

I guess you didn't see the latest world bank report? :haha: And i would rather believe in World Bank, and you shoudl to :big_boss:

For latest report you need to have latest report from Pakistan but leave it the thread is about Rajputs and Afghans. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

That's going too far IMO.

But for people like @EyanKhan who is a Pathan I think, it is hard to explain why Vijayanagara and Chola Kingdoms were better than the Deccan sultanates.

A lot of people tend to for the calculus of an Empire's greatness by equating it with Landmass and Military strength.

IMHO, Vijayanagara and Chola Kingdoms were immense patrons of art, culture etc.

Stories of Thenali Raman are told even today. The temples in Tamil Nadu still astounds visitors.

Tamil is one of the greatest classical languages, and it experienced an enrichment of literature in the Chola period. These two Kingdoms to South Indians brought an immense amount of cultural and social capital.

Something to base their identities on and serve as the guardians of that classical culture.
Please tell me where i said the Deccan sultanates were better?

For latest report one need to have latest report from Pakistan but leave it the thread is about Rajputs and Afghans. :sarcastic::sarcastic:

Or instead lets take report from India, were politicians believe 800 a month is above poverty line. :rofl:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom