Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
MQM favorite for Karachi mayorship with 130 seats
December 6, 2015
By: Tatheer Islam
Published in Pakistan
Be the first to comment!

KARACHI: Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) is being billed as top favorite for the mayroship of Karachi—popularly known as ‘the city of lights’ as the party notched up 130 seats, according unofficial and unconfirmed results of Local Government elections.

MQM leader Syed Haider Abbas Rizvi said that his party fielded 180 candidates including a number of those who it supported in the polls.

Talking to SAMAA, the Muttahida leader said out of these direct or indirect candidates, 130 have been declared successful, according to unofficial and unconfirmed results.

On this occasion, Rizvi also thanked the people of Karachi specially those in Landhi and Korangi for their support.

It should be mentioned here that the MQM has risen to prominence strengthening its position for mayorship in Karachi.

All the top line MQM leaders including Waseem Akhtar and Rehan Hashmi have been declared victorious, according to unofficial and unconfirmed results.

MQM’s workers and supporters took to roads bursting into late night celebrations carrying party flags and raising full-throated slogans.

MQM swept Central District with 50 out of 51 seats. Similarly, it got 30 chairman seats from District Korangi and 16 from District East. The party bagged 28 chairman seats from District West.

Meantime, Muttahida’s 500 Councillors succeeded across the metropolis.

Meantime, the alliance of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) managed to muster 19 seats—an apparent dent to MQM’s once impregnable powerbase. :rofl: (19 is a dent?)

On the other side, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) could bag only six seats from its bastion—Lyari.

The electoral arena in the metropolis witness several heavyweights bite the dust—including JI’s Hafiz Naeem, PTI’s Ali Zaidi and PPP’s Naji Alam.

The PTI accepted its defeat and extended felicitations to MQM. –SAMAA (nice gesture, JI should follow PTI's example instead of shouting dhandhli again)

MQM favorite for Karachi mayorship with 130 seats | SAMAA TV

@rockstar08 @Jaanbaz @Patriots @pak-marine @Musafir117 @Jazzbot @WAJsal

Any ideas on who the new mayor will be? Personally I don't think it will be Wasim Akhtar like others are saying. It will probably be a lower profile worker. What do you guys think?

Any ideas on who the new mayor will be? Personally I don't think it will be Wasim Akhtar like others are saying. It will probably be a lower profile worker. What do you guys think?
He is a candidate, according to media; i too think it will be some lower profile worker, as Wasim Akhtar is most likely to be arrested. Let's wait and see....
Meantime, the alliance of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) managed to muster 19 seats—an apparent dent to MQM’s once impregnable powerbase. :rofl: (19 is a dent?)
It's a start.
So Indians are winning election in Karachi.
No trolling, please.

Last edited:
This is the first time I am happy at PTI's defeat. This is what you get for making alliance with Jamatis. Instead of keeping themselves distant from JI, they are making new alliances with them. Even after how JI ditched PTI in Punjab where they made alliance with PML-N against PTI.

It's a start.

PTI would get more support if they stop making alliances with JI. When people who are aware of the history JI see PTI talking about MQM militant wing but then make alliances with parties with infamous associates such as thunder squad etc, it makes PTI look like hypcorites.

Another proof that people of Karachi reject terrorists and their supporters, rest of Pakistan should follow the example of Karachites.

Another proof that people of Karachi reject terrorists and their supporters, rest of Pakistan should follow the example of Karachites.
And electing Bhata khor, target killers is a good thing. I guess those who did are in other words, supporters of terrorists? get a life.
PTI would get more support if they stop making alliances with JI. When people who are aware of the history JI see PTI talking about MQM militant wing but then make alliances with parties with infamous associates such as thunder squad etc, it makes PTI look like hypcorites.
Agreed.
This is the first time I am happy at PTI's defeat. This is what you get for making alliance with Jamatis. Instead of keeping themselves distant from JI, they are making new alliances with them. Even after how JI ditched PTI in Punjab where they made alliance with PML-N against PTI.
Good point.

Last edited:
In Islamabad and Rawalpindi ji was siding with pmln calling pti a party promoting western ideals

PTI would have bought a lot more criminals owing to their alliance with JI because both of them have a tendency for importing criminals from KPK.

And electing Bhata khor, target killers is a good thing. I guess those who did are in other words, supporters of terrorists? get a life.

Agreed.

Good point.
Tank Bhai record purana ho geya hai ya pin is stucking on same point, change it:coffee:
@Pakistani Exile
Wasim Akhatr is a best candidate with a lot of experience and strict on rules harsh on stupid harsh attitude and simple kind character for normal supporters/workers, well wishers. Rehan Hashmi is from normal workers rank so the balance is good. Let's see!

Last edited:
@WAJsal if you have proof of the people winning being target killers, please go to SC. Most of the people standing were local MQM members of the area, not the higher leadership, and in a lot of areas (Like ours), PTI had the worst possible candidate (Ours was a guy with highly questionable wealth)

MQM favorite for Karachi mayorship with 130 seats
December 6, 2015
By: Tatheer Islam
Published in Pakistan
Be the first to comment!

KARACHI: Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) is being billed as top favorite for the mayroship of Karachi—popularly known as ‘the city of lights’ as the party notched up 130 seats, according unofficial and unconfirmed results of Local Government elections.

MQM leader Syed Haider Abbas Rizvi said that his party fielded 180 candidates including a number of those who it supported in the polls.

Talking to SAMAA, the Muttahida leader said out of these direct or indirect candidates, 130 have been declared successful, according to unofficial and unconfirmed results.

On this occasion, Rizvi also thanked the people of Karachi specially those in Landhi and Korangi for their support.

It should be mentioned here that the MQM has risen to prominence strengthening its position for mayorship in Karachi.

All the top line MQM leaders including Waseem Akhtar and Rehan Hashmi have been declared victorious, according to unofficial and unconfirmed results.

MQM’s workers and supporters took to roads bursting into late night celebrations carrying party flags and raising full-throated slogans.

MQM swept Central District with 50 out of 51 seats. Similarly, it got 30 chairman seats from District Korangi and 16 from District East. The party bagged 28 chairman seats from District West.

Meantime, Muttahida’s 500 Councillors succeeded across the metropolis.

On the other side, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) could bag only six seats from its bastion—Lyari.

The electoral arena in the metropolis witness several heavyweights bite the dust—including JI’s Hafiz Naeem, PTI’s Ali Zaidi and PPP’s Naji Alam.

The PTI accepted its defeat and extended felicitations to MQM. –SAMAA (nice gesture, JI should follow PTI's example instead of shouting dhandhli again)

MQM favorite for Karachi mayorship with 130 seats | SAMAA TV

@rockstar08 @Jaanbaz @Patriots @pak-marine @Musafir117 @Jazzbot @WAJsal

Me and rockstar discussed that briefly yesterday in my opinion we need a super agreesive mayor like wasim akhtar who i think wont waste time being politically correct and does not shy away from pointing fingures and raising issues .. getting money out of sind govt will be anal .. look at Eshrat ul ibad he is like a dummy and has no role to play ! so my vote for Wasim Akhtar as for Rehan Hashmi i dont know much about him and he could may be an equally good or better candidate ..bottom line its a tough job and karachi needs a super performer who can bring this city back to life and bring karachi once again in the world rankings.

As for Jihadi Alliance of Talibans (PTI) and Al Qaeeda / IS (JI) they took a good beating by city .. getting rejected isnt easy after all the InshAllah Mashallah their claims have gone to gutters , khush honay do

I was hopeful that people would boycott MQM, due to it's Bhata Khori and Target killing, seems like people don't have a problem with it. .

Tanki Bhai its ok one can wish for whatever they like .. but please try and be fair for a second you know very well that the mandate by the city to MQM means people never beleived the accusation in the first place.Entire Karachi supports MQM the results reflect the same , negative propaganda can fool some (refering to the 4-5 seats Jihadi Alliance of PTI and JI won) but you cant fool an entire city .. its a failed effort and such stupidity in the future will deliver same results .. Baqi phir upar Allah hai aur PDF par ap Tanki hain

I was hopeful that people would boycott MQM, due to it's Bhata Khori and Target killing, seems like people don't have a problem with it. WTH are people still voting for PPP

It means people of Karachi don't believe such kind of propaganda like bhattâ khòri and target killing ... People believe that MQM is only force which can serve for people ........

Back
Top Bottom