What's new

MQM favorite for Karachi mayorship with 130 seats

MQM favorite for Karachi mayorship with 130 seats
December 6, 2015
By: Tatheer Islam
Published in Pakistan
Be the first to comment!

KARACHI: Muttahida Quami Movement (MQM) is being billed as top favorite for the mayroship of Karachi—popularly known as ‘the city of lights’ as the party notched up 130 seats, according unofficial and unconfirmed results of Local Government elections.

MQM leader Syed Haider Abbas Rizvi said that his party fielded 180 candidates including a number of those who it supported in the polls.

Talking to SAMAA, the Muttahida leader said out of these direct or indirect candidates, 130 have been declared successful, according to unofficial and unconfirmed results.

On this occasion, Rizvi also thanked the people of Karachi specially those in Landhi and Korangi for their support.

It should be mentioned here that the MQM has risen to prominence strengthening its position for mayorship in Karachi.

All the top line MQM leaders including Waseem Akhtar and Rehan Hashmi have been declared victorious, according to unofficial and unconfirmed results.

MQM’s workers and supporters took to roads bursting into late night celebrations carrying party flags and raising full-throated slogans.

MQM swept Central District with 50 out of 51 seats. Similarly, it got 30 chairman seats from District Korangi and 16 from District East. The party bagged 28 chairman seats from District West.

Meantime, Muttahida’s 500 Councillors succeeded across the metropolis.

Meantime, the alliance of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) and Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) managed to muster 19 seats—an apparent dent to MQM’s once impregnable powerbase. :rofl: (19 is a dent?)

On the other side, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) could bag only six seats from its bastion—Lyari.

The electoral arena in the metropolis witness several heavyweights bite the dust—including JI’s Hafiz Naeem, PTI’s Ali Zaidi and PPP’s Naji Alam.

The PTI accepted its defeat and extended felicitations to MQM. –SAMAA (nice gesture, JI should follow PTI's example instead of shouting dhandhli again)

MQM favorite for Karachi mayorship with 130 seats | SAMAA TV

@rockstar08 @Jaanbaz @Patriots @pak-marine @Musafir117 @Jazzbot @WAJsal

Any ideas on who the new mayor will be? Personally I don't think it will be Wasim Akhtar like others are saying. It will probably be a lower profile worker. What do you guys think?

so far the news is for Wasim Akhter , i personally will not agree because he is aggressive and short tempered .. Faisal Sabswari is much better choice ..but lets see who's name will be short list .. MQM can surprise us all ..

I think that 24 hours pissed off Wasim (cant remember his full name) is the candidate for mayorship. That guy has a daimy qabz he will spend half of his time in toilet.

I think that 24 hours pissed off Wasim (cant remember his full name) is the candidate for mayorship. That guy has a daimy qabz he will spend half of his time in toilet.

Hâñ yâd âyâ ... Tüm hë iskâ toilet dhòtè hò ... Isë liyè üs kè dâímë kabz kë čabar rakhtè hò ........

so far the news is for Wasim Akhter , i personally will not agree because he is aggressive and short tempered .. Faisal Sabswari is much better choice ..but lets see who's name will be short list .. MQM can surprise us all ..

Yeah I agree with you. Wasim Akhter has a short temper and doesn't really have the personality that is accomodating (no offence wasim bhai :D) . Karachi needs a mayor who is cool headed, Faisal Sabzwari would definitely be a good choice.

This is the first time I am happy at PTI's defeat. This is what you get for making alliance with Jamatis. Instead of keeping themselves distant from JI, they are making new alliances with them. Even after how JI ditched PTI in Punjab where they made alliance with PML-N against PTI.
I agree. And in Orangi PTI was contesting in an alliance with ASWJ. I was shocked. Maybe they don't know details of this political group and its anti minority behavior particularly anti shia behavior. PPP has also vouched for Rinkle Kumaris oppressors Mian Abdul Haq. This is becoming very common. Terrorists contest elections with known powerful parties.

Yeah I agree with you. Wasim Akhter has a short temper and doesn't really have the personality that is accomodating (no offence wasim bhai :D) . Karachi needs a mayor who is cool headed, Faisal Sabzwari would definitely be a good choice.
Faisal Subzwari is part of the problem. He has a very anti pashtun mindset. I don't know how he is good for an inclusive city like karachi where 8% are sindhi and 25% are pashtun. We need someone who cares about all ethnic groups and is not a bigot.

Tabhi disclaimer bhi saath likh diya, baad main koi problem na hojai.;)

PTI ki Nazaroon se dekho tu apki bori ready ho gaye ho gee...lakin reality mai , khair ho gae ..
mai ne apne area ke UC nazim ko kaha , ke kuch Pakistan ke flags bhi lagao lo , sirf MQM ke party ke flags se vote nai milen gay ... he laugh his arse out but next day , there were more than 10 flags of Pakistan on MQM's camp :D

Faisal Subzwari is part of the problem. He has a very anti pashtun mindset. I don't know how he is good for an inclusive city like karachi where 8% are sindhi and 25% are pashtun. We need someone who cares about all ethnic groups and is not a bigot.

Did Aslam Shah Afridi take part in these elections? He would have been a good candidate from MQM.

PTI ki Nazaroon se dekho tu apki bori ready ho gaye ho gee...lakin reality mai , khair ho gae ..
mai ne apne area ke UC nazim ko kaha , ke kuch Pakistan ke flags bhi lagao lo , sirf MQM ke party ke flags se vote nai milen gay ... he laugh his arse out but next day , there were more than 10 flags of Pakistan on MQM's camp :D

That's what I like about MQM. Jub kaam ka kaho to kar bhi detain hai.

Back
Top Bottom