What's new

Movies to watch out for, From Pakistan!

I was a bit slow to react (as i am usually watching Season and Hollywood movies) but now i am setting up to play catch up. Aik lambiiiiiiiii se list he share kr do of the movies since 2008-2010 (or whaatever) that you think were nice and should be watched. :)
Khuda key liye,teen bahadur,aks band,shah(best Pakistani movie ever),jalaibee,balu mahi,zinda bhaag,karachi sey lahore,janaan,daikh magar pyar sey
Baki baad mein :D

Bhai trailer to dikhao

Khuda key liye,teen bahadur,aks band,shah(best Pakistani movie ever),jalaibee,balu mahi,zinda bhaag,karachi sey lahore,janaan,daikh magar pyar sey

Ye chotu gang pe based hai?

thanks man!

Khuda key liye and Janaan b dekhi hoi han, both were just ok! :(
To me the best i have seen so far have been Waar and Actor in Law.

Baki dekta hon is list say :)

"YALGHAAR" BoxOffice
4 Day 8.75 Crore only pakistan

@ghazi52 @The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight @Arsalan
The movie is doing excellent in box-office but critics are not very pleased with the film. :(
However i am confident it will do great financially and will earn many fans because of that military connection and patriotic theme. It have broken the first day earning record already i guess, previous held by waar at 1.14 crore?
However do remember that the budget of this movie was around 60 Crore, am i right?

From acting and film making point of view, it is rated low by critics.

Still a must watch i would say as this will touch your heart (if you are a Pakistani that is)
I have watched the promos only and read a bit about the plot, will go to watch next weekend may be.

thanks man!

Khuda key liye and Janaan b dekhi hoi han, both were just ok! :(
To me the best i have seen so far have been Waar and Actor in Law.

Baki dekta hon is list say :)

The movie is doing excellent in box-office but critics are not very pleased with the film. :(
However i am confident it will do great financially and will earn many fans because of that military connection and patriotic theme. It have broken the first day earning record already i guess, previous held by waar at 1.14 crore?
However do remember that the budget of this movie was around 60 Crore, am i right?

From acting and film making point of view, it is rated low by critics.

Still a must watch i would say as this will touch your heart (if you are a Pakistani that is)
I have watched the promos only and read a bit about the plot, will go to watch next weekend may be.

I would go and watch it as well if released abroad for the sake of Pakistani cinema, but from the trailer and from watching Waar I must say it seems like the critics have a point. Hassan Rana's overuse of English (and rather fake dialect of English on top of that) ruins the authenticity for me to be honest. Granted the usage of English is of course very much there in our armed forces, but Waar and Yalghaar seem to want to make a deeper connection between the Pakistani masses and the soldiers on the front. However the common Pakistani soldier will not be speaking English in very strong (and audibly fake) American dialects. This is just one of the reasons amongst several why the soldiers never felt genuine (to me).

Shoaib Mansoor's 'Alpha Bravo Charlie' would have been a perfect starting point for Rana from my pov. Mansoor managed to capture the viewers interest and empathy for our soldiers on the frontline, whilst it all looked very authentic and genuine, and his budget will have been peanuts compared to Rana's. I initially thought this was just my perception on Waar, but when I started reading the reviews post watching it, it looks like a lot of the critics were saying the same thing, and from the looks of it Rana has not changed much in Yalghaar, despite all the reviews (instead banking on the presumption that patriotic Pakistanis will come and watch the movie regardless).

I would go and watch it as well if released abroad for the sake of Pakistani cinema, but from the trailer and from watching Waar I must say it seems like the critics have a point. Hassan Rana's overuse of English (and rather fake dialect of English on top of that) ruins the authenticity for me to be honest. Granted the usage of English is of course very much there in our armed forces, but Waar and Yalghaar seem to want to make a deeper connection between the Pakistani masses and the soldiers on the front. However the common Pakistani soldier will not be speaking English in very strong (and audibly fake) American dialects. This is just one of the reasons amongst several why the soldiers never felt genuine (to me).

Shoaib Mansoor's 'Alpha Bravo Charlie' would have been a perfect starting point for Rana from my pov. Mansoor managed to capture the viewers interest and empathy for our soldiers on the frontline, whilst it all looked very authentic and genuine, and his budget will have been peanuts compared to Rana's. I initially thought this was just my perception on Waar, but when I started reading the reviews post watching it, it looks like a lot of the critics were saying the same thing, and from the looks of it Rana has not changed much in Yalghaar, despite all the reviews (instead banking on the presumption that patriotic Pakistanis will come and watch the movie regardless).
Perfect analysis!
Fully agree with these points you made regarding the use of English as a main language, the need to connect to the masses etc.
While it already does invoke that feeling of patriotism, it would have been a lot better if Urdu was more frequent.

About what critics are saying, it is mainly related to story and acting. Will have to watch the movie to comment any further.

19477589_1088827507885898_6799845044286503638_o.jpg

Cinema List for the screening of #YALGHAAR in #France

19601373_1729823797058462_7187203092251470000_n.jpg

Cinema List for the screening of #YALGHAAR in #UAE

19437399_1730760973631411_3922778593962653700_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom