What's new

Movies to watch out for, From Pakistan!

Has it been released in U.K.
Yes it was their cast visited Manchetser and London for promotion

Bad news for Yalghaar lovers Mehrun Nisa and The Mummy are replacing yalghaar in high capacity halls in Faisalabad

Sheikh sahab prediction atleast in Pakistan Mehrun Nisa will do good business and outearn Yalghaar in Pakistan they had a good media partner and have more screens

HUM and GEO are not good media partners for a movie har jagah hub ul watni sey awaam nahi aye gi kuch kambhi karna hota hy
A <10 crore movie is outearning 40 crore budget movie the only difference is promotion strategy

#MehrunisaVlubU Growing ... some of cinemas have replace it on some #yalghaar shows

19424016_630248363844469_8361352894236441751_n.jpg

Yalghar is in trouble because of its massive budget Mehrun Nisa is already in the safe zone their budget at best is 10 crore they have made 2-2.5 in two days

HUM and GEO are not good media partners for a movie har jagah hub ul watni sey awaam nahi aye gi kuch kambhi karna hota hy

Muhb ul watni is a blackmail excuse. The people gave them a start and are still providing it but the content has to be good. It has to be movie styled and movie level. You can't dish out rubbish and then blame awam. The directors and script writers and producers and actors need to bring in the buck.

As for yalghaar I really hope it succeeds but I was afraid of this. Its competition its own is funny slice of life movie masti type. People on EID would most likely pick mehrunisa rather than yalghaar which is a very serious war film. War films often run on three things.

1. Action
2. Patriotism.
3. War analysis.

All three of these require a set of audience bcz a war movie can be senseless violence aka ramboo 4 or it can be an indepth analysis of war and its effects aka ramboo 1. All of this require a set of audience whereas slice of life and masti films pander to all and gain their audience from all.

I often wonder the scope of war films in Pakistan. We have a massive war content and an army that is more than willing to support it to create closer relations with people but the question is do we have a market for it?

Waar made 34 crore and a profit of 17 crore I think. Jiwani phir nahi ani made 49 crore and I don't know the profit but I am damn sure its budget was less than waar.

I think all cinemas evolve with time and we are about to enter the stage where genre will to play. High money making market will be identified and movie focus will be diverted over there and a leading genre will appear with occasional films from other genre.

I agree yalghaar had horrible horrible campaigning. Believe it or nor I only found out about this film from cinestar where they were showing trailer.

From that day the only other place I saw yalghaar was here. Nothing on TV. Nothing in papers. Nothing on billboards.

I found out about mehrunia ve lub you from TV. In newspaper ad . good lord.

Anyhow let's hope the revival continuous. Its time muhb ul watni ends and good content rises.

Muhb ul watni is a blackmail excuse. The people gave them a start and are still providing it but the content has to be good. It has to be movie styled and movie level. You can't dish out rubbish and then blame awam. The directors and script writers and producers and actors need to bring in the buck.
Maalik and Shah also had hub ul watni as their main theme but they worked hard on marketing and script and their message resonated with the masses Yalghaar tried to cash in on waar,s success
Yalghaar was off on everything the timing,promotion,budget everything had a hint of arrogance in it and arrogance can cost you dearly in this field
But in Yalghaar,s case this gamble could actually go in their favour :D
They need to do a lot better than this to make up for their massive budget Mehrun Nisa is under no pressure though
Its trailer and song attracted net mullahs which guarantees its success among the masses :D
Check the comment section calling it total flop lol so yahodi agents watched it :D
Anyhow let's hope the revival continuous. Its time muhb ul watni ends and good content rises.
Hub ul watni is promoting your content and helping the industry grow too many films failed this year because of bad marketing strategies

Maalik and Shah also had hub ul watni as their main theme but they worked hard on marketing and script and their message resonated with the masses

Maalik shah were great films and very deep. Shah was beyond deep. It wasn't just good marketing but great acting and emotions and great script. It had it all. That's why became such a hit. Content is a requirement.

Yalghaar tried to cash in on waar,s success
Yalghaar was off on everything the timing,promotion,budget everything had a hint of arrogance in it and arrogance can cost you dearly in this field
But in Yalghaar,s case this gamble could actually go in their favour :D

I hope it becomes a success bcz the war genre unlike the masti or love genre, is very much new and nascent and a failure of such a High budget would deter future productions especially if the failure was due to bad promotion strategy. It would be quite sad.

Mehrun Nisa is under no pressure though
Its trailer and song attracted net mullahs which guarantees its success among the masses :D

Mehrunisa was always going to be success. EID and a fun film. It was going to be the pick.

Check the comment section calling it total flop lol so yahodi agents watched i

People are watching it which is is why its earning. Bhai konsi fail film earns money and is currently rising. They said the same about jiwani phir nahi ani and it turned out legendary.

Hub ul watni is promoting your content and helping the industry grow too many films failed this year because of bad marketing strategies

Exactly. The film crew has to do their share. The people will come if you produce and advertise good content. Can't blame the people of not supporting.

Shah was beyond deep
Everything was perfect it was the best movie made in history of Pakistan nothing ever comes close and from the looks of what we have in the pipeline for this year and the next nothing will come close
That's why became such a hit.
Sadly it was just a par movie our audience doesnot like such hard hitting deep movies
I hope it becomes a success bcz the war genre unlike the masti or love genre, is very much new and nascent and a failure of such a High budget would deter future productions especially if the failure was due to bad promotion strategy. It would be quite sad.
It wouldnt deter investors cuz another Pakistani movie is giving it competition not another Indian one they will keep budget under 10 the next time till number of screens increase and cinema culture is properly revived

Mehrunisa was always going to be success. EID and a fun film. It was going to be the pick.
Not if it had a strong competitor all heavyweights are lined up for a bari eid release :D
People are watching it which is is why its earning. Bhai konsi fail film earns money and is currently rising. They said the same about jiwani phir nahi ani and it turned out legendary.
Another thing happened this eid 6 Pakistani movies got tv premieres
PTV picked Blind Love :cheesy:
13198524_1295759260451485_6785026909398259347_o.jpg

Well they excluded Butter Jawani but i am sure a lot of curious sharif bachas wouldve downloaded hd prints by now :D

------------------
Kal raat ko Pakistani horror film aks band ka tv premiere hay
19424468_1102878639813340_6660482435925321837_n.jpg

i wanted to inform you guys on day one of all the tv premieres but Lahore aur Sialkot kay safar ney to zalel kar diya

@RealNapster @Hell hound @django @Moonlight

Exactly. The film crew has to do their share. The people will come if you produce and advertise good content. Can't blame the people of not supporting.
Yep only Urdu 1 and ARY are going in for the kill HUm doesnot even goes in halfheartedly why didnt i see the same promotional tours by Yalghaar,s team i saw last year for Janaan and Actor in Law ?
Seriously actor in law was all over social media

Box Office Update (Day 2): ‘Yalghaar’ and ‘Mehrunisa V Lub U’ both grow stronger!
By
Zeeshan Mahmood
-
June 28, 2017
Share on Facebook

Tweet on Twitter

We cannot vouch for the authenticity of these box office numbers given by independent box office tracking site Box Office Detail. However, until we have some official box-office tracking system in Pakistan this is all we have got. The numbers are also revised at times and hence you may observe fluctuations.

The second day of Eid was the real test of ‘Yalghaar’ and ‘Mehrunisa V Lub U’ and both films qualified it with flying colors.

Both the films opened to packed houses, registering an impressive debut, and grew stronger on the second day of release. The films continued to go housefuls in cinemas across the country on Eid Day 2 as well and witnessed commendable growth on the second day.

‘Yalghaar’, which debuted with 1.75 crore, raked in 2.40 crore on Day 2, seeing a growth of37%. The two days collection of the film comes closer to stupendous 4.15 crore.

‘Mehrunisa V Lub U’, which collected 1.1 crore on the first day, added 1.75 crore in its kitty on Day 2. Although its two day collections of 2.85 crore fall far behind ‘Yalghaar’, but its impressive growth of 60% makes it a winner on Eid Day 2.

All eyes are on Eid releases for ending the dry spell running in Pakistan Film Industry for several months. No other release of this year could perform well on the box office so far. The hopes are increasing from ‘Yalghaar’ and ‘Mehrunisa V Lub U’ and these are expected to grow steadily on Eid Day 3.

Stay tuned with Galaxy Lollywood for more updates.
https://galaxylollywood.com/2017/06/28/box-office-yalghaar-mehrunisa-day-2/
@The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight @Divergent1 @saiyan0321 @RealNapster

Boss jitni bari Geo sir utha kar ka trailer dekhta hon utna lagta hy this is the best trailer of 2017
@The Sandman @Hell hound @Moonlight @saiyan0321
Its sad that with such a low budget and tough competition with ARY,s Azaadi it wont be successful
The movies in Pakistan have improved greatly in last 7 - 8 years. Lot of must watch names out there.

I was a bit slow to react (as i am usually watching Season and Hollywood movies) but now i am setting up to play catch up. Aik lambiiiiiiiii se list he share kr do of the movies since 2008-2010 (or whaatever) that you think were nice and should be watched. :)

Mein nay tu Na Maloom Afraad kuch week pahly dekhi (it was nice but i didnt liked the ending)
Actor in Law deski ha last week (it was REALLY good)
WAAR deki hoi ha
Mein hoon shahid Afridi (not so good)

ANYMORE YOU PEOPLE RECOMMEND?

THE MORE THE BETTER! :)

The movies in Pakistan have improved greatly in last 7 - 8 years. Lot of must watch names out there.

I was a bit slow to react (as i am usually watching Season and Hollywood movies) but now i am setting up to play catch up. Aik lambiiiiiiiii se list he share kr do of the movies since 2008-2010 (or whaatever) that you think were nice and should be watched. :)

Mein nay tu Na Maloom Afraad kuch week pahly dekhi (it was nice but i didnt liked the ending)
Actor in Law deski ha last week (it was REALLY good)
WAAR deki hoi ha
Mein hoon shahid Afridi (not so good)

ANYMORE YOU PEOPLE RECOMMEND?

THE MORE THE BETTER! :)

Dukhtar was decent, although the topic is serious. Zinda Bhaag was good too

Back
Top Bottom