Mohmmad Amir a normal bowler who was good on that day, says Rohit Sharma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endeavour

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Rohit Sharma went on to shower praise on Jasprit Bumrah and urged the media to highlight the young Indian instead.
152 6
By: PTI | Kolkata | Updated: March 9, 2016 12:58 pm
mohammadamirap.jpg
Mohammad Amir rattled India with a fiery spell in their Asia Cup 2016 contest last month. (Source: AP)
He may have been bamboozled by Mohammad Amir’s toe crushing delivery but India opener Rohit Sharma on Tuesday expressed dismay over the hype around the Pakistani pacer and said the focus should be on Jasprit Bumrah instead.

The left-arm fast bowler made a dream comeback against arch rivals India, scalping 3/18, including that of the star opener.

“Just leave him… He’s just come (after the ban) and I don’t think we should go gaga about him. Let him perform for one more year and we will see whether he deserves so much. Woh koi… (I don’t want to use those words).

“He’s good but he needs to prove again and again. It’s not right to hype him so much after just one match. Not just for him or who are watching it, let him do it over and over again,” Sharma said.

The pacer, 23, is being compared with Pakistani legend Wasim Akram and Sharma said this was a bit too much.

“People are comparing him to Wasim Akram and all that. It’s wrong. Let him achieve some bit. Definitely he is got talent but aisa kuch nahin ki aake woh sabko uda hi deta hai (it’s not that he rips apart all line-ups). He’s just a normal bowler who was good on that day.”

Asked whether he had reservation against the return from ban of Amir, he said: “It’s none of my concern their politics their issues. I’m not interested. I’ve nothing to say on that.”

Sharma went on to shower praise on young pacer Bumrah and urged the media to highlight the young Indian instead.

“Instead of talking about Amir you should talk about Bumrah. He’s our Indian bowler and doing well. He’s a rare talent. He’s young. He’s got a long way ahead. The way he has started he will do something special.”

On his slinging action, Sharma said he’s very difficult to pick in the nets, something that reminded him of Lasith Malinga when he joined Mumbai Indians.

“He’s (Bumrah) an exception. He comes with a surprise, even the captain does not know. He’s got everything in his bank. What we saw in Asia Cup and in Australia he did pretty well. He’s got a good yorker, bouncer all what a modern day bowler needs. Only time will tell us where he will go.”

World record holder of highest ODI score, Sharma said people now ask him when he would score 300.

“I don’t change my preparation or skill work what people say. I know they will be talking. This is something I’ve learnt over the years. It will not change. It’s important that I stay in my space. To become the best possible I can.

“All those things should not reflect. This is India there’re a lot of expectation here. That’s fair enough. When will score 300? They have so much of passion for the game. I’ve no issues. It’s completely right. But they don’t need to understand it’s not possible to score in every game. There will be losses on the way, it’s sport you will win some and lose some.”

- See more at: ICC World T20: Mohmmad Amir a normal bowler who was good on that day, says Rohit Sharma | The Indian Express

Rohit is right:

“Just leave him… He’s just come (after the ban) and I don’t think we should go gaga about him. Let him perform for one more year and we will see whether he deserves so much. Woh koi… (I don’t want to use those words).
“People are comparing him to Wasim Akram and all that. It’s wrong. Let him achieve some bit. Definitely he is got talent but aisa kuch nahin ki aake woh sabko uda hi deta hai (it’s not that he rips apart all line-ups). He’s just a normal bowler who was good on that day.”

Bumrah deserves more attention than Aamir: Rohit
ShareComment
To get such articles in your inbox
Text size: A A A
Last updated on: March 09, 2016 15:37 IST
'I don't think it is right to give him (Amir) too much hype.'

'Bumrah has got all what a modern day bowler needs.'

amir-new.JPG

IMAGE: Pakistan's Mohammad Aamir, centre, celebrates a wicket. Photograph: Getty Images.
India opener Rohit Sharma says Pakistan’s tainted speedster Mohammad Aamir is just a ‘normal bowler’, while heralding young Indian sensation Jasprit Bumrah as a ‘rare talent’.

Aamir had dismissed Rohit, Ajinkya Rahane and Suresh Raina in quick succession in the Asia Cup encounter.

Rohit said the hype around the pacer is 'unjustified' and the 23-year old, who served a match-fixing ban, has a long way to go before being compared with legends.

"Stop talking about him already," Rohit said of Aamir in Kolkata. "He isn't the only bowler; Pakistan have five other bowlers who are doing well for them.

"There is just so much hype around Aamir. I don't think it is right to give him too much hype after one match. He is good but he needs to prove it over and over again.

"Now people are comparing him to Wasim Akram and all that. He is just a normal bowler; on that given day if he is good, he is good. It is not as if he turns up and blows everyone away."

http://shopping.rediff.com/product/...0-Violet--with-manufacturer-warranty/15487572
26bumrah1.jpg

IMAGE: Jasprit Bumrah 'has got a good yorker, good bouncer, good slower one'. Photograph: Daniel Kalisz/Getty Images.
Rohit, instead, heaped praise on Bumrah, who picked six wickets in five games for India in the Asia Cup, and had an impressive economy rate of 5.22.

"Bumrah is already starting to make a mark. I would tell you that instead of talking about Aamir you should talk about Bumrah.

"A rare talent like Bumrah … he is young and the way he has begun his career – he has a long way ahead no doubt – I think he will do something special for the country.

"He is an exception. He will come up with a surprise," Rohit said.

"Like, I was standing in the slip the other night in the finals and I couldn't make out what he is going to do. Even the captain doesn't know.

"He has got a good yorker, he has got a good bouncer, a good slower one. He has got all what a modern day bowler needs. His action is like that when (Lasith) Malinga first came, and when I played him at the nets for the first time it was difficult.

"You don't play such bowlers everyday; I know only two bowlers in the world - Malinga and Bumrah - who have such unique actions."

Aamir is good. Even kohli said so.
But comparing him to akram with just one match performance is too much. In the said match his 3rd or 4th over wasnt that good.
He has bright future ofcourse . He could be one of the best but he has to prove it by performing in many matches.

He is right. It is too early to compare him with the likes Akrams. He certainly had a good Asia cup. But can he do it on daily basis and not just in T20 where bowlers bowl 4 overs but in tests also, where they bowl 60-70 overs non-stop over 5 days. Consistency is the key. Not to take any credit away from Amir the boy has tremendous potential but comparing him to Wasim Akram is too much.

Also, given the time of this statement I smell some pressure tactics by Indians. Although, what Rohit said is true.

I thought I will never again post on this forum again but Mr. Sharma's stupid remarks pull me back in. Was Rohit Sharma sleeping for last 10 years, otherwise he would have heard of Mohammad Aamir who was considered the best bowler even in his first game at young age of 17. Here is a history of Aamir's bowling for Sharma\s review then he can compare a no-name bowler with Aamir

I realized i will run out of space if I List all of Aamir's best bowling spells.
Mr. Sharma should not scratch the pole

Rohit Sharma went on to shower praise on Jasprit Bumrah and urged the media to highlight the young Indian instead.
152 6
By: PTI | Kolkata | Updated: March 9, 2016 12:58 pm
mohammadamirap.jpg
Mohammad Amir rattled India with a fiery spell in their Asia Cup 2016 contest last month. (Source: AP)
He may have been bamboozled by Mohammad Amir’s toe crushing delivery but India opener Rohit Sharma on Tuesday expressed dismay over the hype around the Pakistani pacer and said the focus should be on Jasprit Bumrah instead.

The left-arm fast bowler made a dream comeback against arch rivals India, scalping 3/18, including that of the star opener.

“He’s good but he needs to prove again and again. It’s not right to hype him so much after just one match. Not just for him or who are watching it, let him do it over and over again,” Sharma said.

The pacer, 23, is being compared with Pakistani legend Wasim Akram and Sharma said this was a bit too much.

Asked whether he had reservation against the return from ban of Amir, he said: “It’s none of my concern their politics their issues. I’m not interested. I’ve nothing to say on that.”

Sharma went on to shower praise on young pacer Bumrah and urged the media to highlight the young Indian instead.

“Instead of talking about Amir you should talk about Bumrah. He’s our Indian bowler and doing well. He’s a rare talent. He’s young. He’s got a long way ahead. The way he has started he will do something special.”

On his slinging action, Sharma said he’s very difficult to pick in the nets, something that reminded him of Lasith Malinga when he joined Mumbai Indians.

“He’s (Bumrah) an exception. He comes with a surprise, even the captain does not know. He’s got everything in his bank. What we saw in Asia Cup and in Australia he did pretty well. He’s got a good yorker, bouncer all what a modern day bowler needs. Only time will tell us where he will go.”

World record holder of highest ODI score, Sharma said people now ask him when he would score 300.

“I don’t change my preparation or skill work what people say. I know they will be talking. This is something I’ve learnt over the years. It will not change. It’s important that I stay in my space. To become the best possible I can.

“All those things should not reflect. This is India there’re a lot of expectation here. That’s fair enough. When will score 300? They have so much of passion for the game. I’ve no issues. It’s completely right. But they don’t need to understand it’s not possible to score in every game. There will be losses on the way, it’s sport you will win some and lose some.”

- See more at: ICC World T20: Mohmmad Amir a normal bowler who was good on that day, says Rohit Sharma | The Indian Express
Amir is a Normal bowler and Bumrah is Abnormal bowler = agreed :lol: case closed

Amir is a amazing Talent , Just messed up a bit , Stuff Happens and We keep Going Now its time for Other players to Ready for Next series yup just normal player who balls like amazing.
As for comparison Wasim is a legend and if he and pakistani team properly guidr amir he will be a future legend

Muhammad Amir bagged seven wickets in four matches during Pakistan’s Asia Cup campaign with an economy of 5.06 an over and Rohit thinks his compatriot Jasprit Bumrah, who bagged six wickets in five games with an economy of 5.22, should be the one being praised............

@MaarKhoor @Muhammad Omar ...... this is first time I have seen a MAN losing his BRAIN for injury on his foot............:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom