What's new

If the wife works family is ruined, the veil is ruined. If the wife works, society is ruined : Bangladeshi bowler Tanzim Hasan Sakib

Whilst i do not agree with him, he should be free to voice his opinion in a democracy. Others can politely disagree and provide counter points and be prepared to agree to disagree.

He is right. Mothers raise children. If they are working 9-5 and so are the fathers, who raises you children? Daycare, school, nurseries. Strangers.

When a woman works 9-5 who cooks dinner? It's not fair to expect her to cook dinner. This is why in the West they have frozen meals and microwave meals.

When your children are ill or off school for the holidays, if both husband and wife are working - who looks after them?

If you want your woman to work, then you should do the decent thing and stay at home. Raise your children, cook the meals, clean the home.

Maybe you're bigshots and can hire a chef and a cleaner and a nanny. The vast majority of the world where both partners work don't have that luxury. They are either overworked or they compromise of cleansiness, nutrition or family time. How many times have you heard a gora colleague say "i can't have anyone around, my house is a tip".
When both work, the net income of the family goes up, so affordability goes up as well. However, I have seen both couples working, typically companies are flexible with working hours for women as it is understood they have a child to take care of, so they are allowed to leave early. It can be done by one person working an aggressive high-paying job and the other taking it easy a little bit.

It’s when the woman works and still expects you to pay her upkeep and bills which grinds my gears .

That’s the Wahhabi version of Islam.

Thank god Hasina is bringing back the Bengal Sultanate version of Islam.

The land of saints and mazars.
The rate of Saudi women joining the workforce is rapidly increasing. Just give them a decade and the Muslims of South Asia will look like cavemen compared to them unless they get their sh*t together.

The rate of Saudi women joining the workforce is rapidly increasing. Just give them a decade and the Muslims of South Asia will look like cavemen compared to them unless they get their sh*t together.
Their birth rate is also rapidly decreasing

Prophet of Islam (pbuh) was married to Hazrat Khadijah (as) who owned her own buisness. Over the years, the so called Muslims have amended Islam for their own personal shortcomings.
These clowns will do everything in their power to deny this simple truth.
Is there anything wrong with that? No more free money from the government. Now they have to properly work to earn money hence family planning is now important for them now. Saudi Arabia's birth rate used to be far higher than even Pakistan's.

It’s when the woman works and still expects you to pay her upkeep and bills which grinds my gears .
That's of course incredibly retarded. Stay as far away from such women as possible. No woman with self-respect would do such a thing.

In almost all countries on Earth the trend is that as female education and workforce participation rises, the total fertility rate drops. Only one country bucks this universal rule. Pakistan too is slowly heading towards sub-replacement birth rates though it is not projected to get there for a while. Pakistan can hopefully learn from others ahead of them in the jumping-off-the-demographic-cliff race as to how to cope.

You just adapt and have fewer kids
Most powerful birth control:
1. Educated woman.
2. Working woman.

Way to reduce population explosion and escape from poverty is for a nation to educate the girls and encourage them work, even for a few years or part time. Bangladesh and Pakistan. are two experiments demonstrating this.

Not all wives have rich cricket players as husbands though,right mate?

Just don't have kids if you prioritise career -------simple as that . Either of the parental guardians has to be taking care of them kids at all time .

All the women in my house in India are working 9-5 and juggling family and work. You just adapt and have fewer kids. You stay home until the kids are school going and then you start your career. You can have servants and maids, if you make good income.

You are talking to the wrong audience...Equality and equal rights for women is an alien concept for most of our Non-Indian friends here...Even if we are still not perfect, i really admire that none of our celebrities would have dared to speak with such demeaning language about women the way this BD cricketer is speaking now. It shows the reflection and mindset of the respective society.

He has the right to hold and express his opinion, in a democratic country. This wouldn't have been a big deal if he had posted a secular view in line with leftist and liberal perspective. If he had posted something to bash Islam, he would have been lauded as hero for being "brave".

Also to note, this was from 5+ years ago. This guy is just 21. Those who are judging, should check their own social media statuses from their teenage days.

Another lib-turd hypocrisy at display.

Women working is not prohibited in Islam. There are several conditions however such as - not sacrificing the rights of her children over their mother, not exposing and/or mingling with men which could lead to out of marriage relationships etc.

Tanzim Sakib's statement is overly generalized but he is not a scholar. He expressed his own opinion, and he is entitled to it.
Feminists have power because companies and institutions will investigate a man for having views they might not agree with. BCB is doing the same.

This is the problem. Companies and institutions should focus on more pressing issues instead of trying to appease Feminists.

But many closet Feminists out there.

You are talking to the wrong audience...Equality and equal rights for women is an alien concept for most of our Non-Indian friends here...Even if we are still not perfect, i really admire that none of our celebrities would have dared to speak with such demeaning language about women the way this BD cricketer is speaking now. It shows the reflection and mindset of the respective society.
Plenty of our Evangelical Christians espouse such values, so that young man is not all that unique. For example, this is from Baptist Faith and Message, 1998:
A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ. She, being in the image of God as is her husband and thus equal to him, has the God-given responsibility to respect her husband and to serve as his helper in managing the household and nurturing the next generation.

Back
Top Bottom